• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hi all Myself and Cressey are both in talks with different dealers and Larini themselves for the potential proposition of organising a group buy on back boxes and maybe systems if there is an interest. I followed Mani in his turbo with a Larini backbox recently fitted at the weekend and I've got to say I'm in love with the note. It seems quiet enough with normal driving to live with daily but the note when it's on full chat is something amazing. I could only say addictive as other forum owners have already stated. Larini offer a lifetime warranty with their exhausts which is beneficial to many of us who consider their vx220 to be keepers and the quality of the product is exceptional as these are choice fitments to high end cars such as Ferrari and Aston Martin. Obviously to help with negotiations we could do with a list of people who are genuinely interested in one of these. The last group buy offered these for sale at £496 delivered and it would be lovely if we could smash that price or even match it!!! So please if your genuinely interested we could do with your name adding to the list and then with firm numbers in place we could start negotiations. Elise shop have promised to come back to us on Wednesday with more information regarding this and if anyone else has any contacts we could try then please pm myself or cressey. 1. Tibbles Stryker 2. Cressey 3. Luke84 4.

#2 JOHN W

JOHN W

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:cars,sport, socializing.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

1. Tibbles Stryker 2. Cressey 3. Luke84 4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price)

#3 JOHN W

JOHN W

• PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:cars,sport, socializing.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

Had a full system on my first VXT with 100 cell cat bought in the 2007 group Buy, got to say the sound was the best ive heard on a VX.

#4 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

I should say the last group buy price was not including vat.

#5 DX220

DX220

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

:beat:

#6 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

Cheers for putting this up Adam. I should also know a bit more on Weds.

#7 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Cars !

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

I'm definitely in

#8 thejoaoserra

thejoaoserra

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

I'd love to be part of this group buy, but in Portugal I can get a full system (doesn't include exhaust manifold) for that price... If prices come a bit lower I may loose my mind and give my speedster the larini system... 

#9 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'd love to be part of this group buy, but in Portugal I can get a full system (doesn't include exhaust manifold) for that price... If prices come a bit lower I may loose my mind and give my speedster the larini system... 

Can you please tell me where in Portugal you can find it for that price? Portugal, here I come!! :)  

#10 PhilipTreeWalker

PhilipTreeWalker

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I already have the back box but would be interested in completing the system. That might mean going in with someone who only wants the back box?

#11 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

I only want the back box PTW

#12 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I happened to speak to Yvo Tuk at Elise Shop earlier and he tells me they are planning a production run of VX220 and Lotus exhausts very soon.  He is going to get in touch through the forum and determine numbers and give us a group buy discount price. Hopefully he'll post something up soon.

#13 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Fantastic, we're all onto it!!!

#14 thejoaoserra

thejoaoserra

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Can you please tell me where in Portugal you can find it for that price? Portugal, here I come!! :)  

http://www.undergrounddivision.com/ 650€ with a magnaflow 200 cell CAT or 500€ without CAT 

http://www.c2racing.pt/ 700€ for a speedster turbo without CAT 

Some photos from the turbo version  

https://scontent-mad...3ac&oe=5603E24B

https://scontent-mad...6a0&oe=55C0B703

#15 YvoTuk

YvoTuk

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hi guys!

Jeremy (Jezza123) asked me about the potential group buy yesterday.

On itself we are interested to do a group buy if the numbers justify a deal.

Let me first explain the dealer structure at Larini so you understand what's happening and how it's happening.

In the past Larini Systems were dealing with everyone individually. This has stopped about six or seven years ago when they decided they should focus on production and hired us to become their distributor for Europe.

We are currently holding approx. 600k£ worth of Larini exhausts in our warehouse which means a lot (not everything and not always ;)) can be shipped from stock.

We can do a deal on the VX220 systems, but all will be based on numbers.

I would suggest to do a break on five, ten and twenty systems. These numbers would respectively give you 5/10/15% discount.

The rules will be pretty straight forward; let's first see how many people really are interested, then get all the details and set a closing date for the deal. At that date, the numbers will be looked at and final pricing will be made.

As for the warranty, please keep in mind this is a lifetime corrosion warranty, not a lifetime exhaust warranty.

I know Larini are pretty good if it comes to solving production issues if there would be any, but we've seen quite a few things in the past which were presented to us as warranty items, but in fact they were not.

For instance fuel dumping in the exhaust will destroy it and there will be evidence inside or when someone rear ends the car and pipes are bent.. it's not quite warranty etc.

You can find the retail prices for these systems here:

http://www.elise-sho...c-52_55_58.html

The deal will be open to everyone, not restricted to the UK, but the deal will be restricted to this thread.

UK orders will go through our UK office, the rest of the orders will go through our Dutch office.

Depending on the numbers reached there can be a leadtime. I know we're running a production batch of VX220 backboxes at the moment, but I guess it shouldn't be a big issue to increase those numbers where needed.

#16 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

Hi there Yvo. Sounds like you've got it pretty wrapped up. Think a couple of us are chasing leads but from what you're saying, would I be correct to assume that they'd all eventually lead back to you anyway? I'd be surprised if we see numbers over 10 as these cars are getting rarer and it's a lot to spend. Any chance you'd provide a 15% discount if we reached over 10 exhausts? May just help to persuade a few more to take this opportunity. Also, could you confirm whether the discount is applicable to all Larini parts such as Larini cats, decats, full systems, etc? Some of the posts above suggest that people may want to complete the system on the Larini backbox they already have. Thanks for your support on this.

#17 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

Already pushed for a 15% discount and answer was no as the cost of manufacturing is going up but price has stayed the same. Will email and get him to clarify on what the discount will cover.

#18 vx220=££££££££

vx220=££££££££

• PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:my kids cars and football!

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

Yer count me in!!

#19 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Good work jezza 💪

#20 VX220BOB

VX220BOB

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

I have a Larini back box on my NA and looking for a decat pipe only to replace the cat as my precat is removed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users