• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#21 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

Cool. Let's wait to get some clarification on discount percentages and grading structure from Yvo before starting the official list. Be good to know if it's 10 names, 10 items, 10 back boxes or a financial value. Hoping he'll respond to Jezza's e-mail soon.

#22 YvoTuk

YvoTuk

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

Hi there Yvo. Sounds like you've got it pretty wrapped up. Think a couple of us are chasing leads but from what you're saying, would I be correct to assume that they'd all eventually lead back to you anyway? I'd be surprised if we see numbers over 10 as these cars are getting rarer and it's a lot to spend. Any chance you'd provide a 15% discount if we reached over 10 exhausts? May just help to persuade a few more to take this opportunity. Also, could you confirm whether the discount is applicable to all Larini parts such as Larini cats, decats, full systems, etc? Some of the posts above suggest that people may want to complete the system on the Larini backbox they already have. Thanks for your support on this.

That's correct, we've been appointed as the distributor for Larini, so we're sending out all systems.

I'm afraid I can't get any better discounts going. The thing is, we're close to a price rise in anyway because of the increased cost on these systems. At the end of the day.. we do need to make a little money on it :)

#23 YvoTuk

YvoTuk

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:22 AM

We can do the discount for all VX components except for the cats. The cats have to stay at 5% discount.

However, we will look at this per order, so if you want a turbo primary decat, a secondary decat and a back box it will be one order.

#24 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi guys!   Jeremy (Jezza123) asked me about the potential group buy yesterday.   On itself we are interested to do a group buy if the numbers justify a deal.   Let me first explain the dealer structure at Larini so you understand what's happening and how it's happening.   In the past Larini Systems were dealing with everyone individually. This has stopped about six or seven years ago when they decided they should focus on production and hired us to become their distributor for Europe. We are currently holding approx. 600k£ worth of Larini exhausts in our warehouse which means a lot (not everything and not always ;)) can be shipped from stock.   We can do a deal on the VX220 systems, but all will be based on numbers. I would suggest to do a break on five, ten and twenty systems. These numbers would respectively give you 5/10/15% discount.   The rules will be pretty straight forward; let's first see how many people really are interested, then get all the details and set a closing date for the deal. At that date, the numbers will be looked at and final pricing will be made.   As for the warranty, please keep in mind this is a lifetime corrosion warranty, not a lifetime exhaust warranty. I know Larini are pretty good if it comes to solving production issues if there would be any, but we've seen quite a few things in the past which were presented to us as warranty items, but in fact they were not. For instance fuel dumping in the exhaust will destroy it and there will be evidence inside or when someone rear ends the car and pipes are bent.. it's not quite warranty etc.   You can find the retail prices for these systems here: http://www.elise-sho...c-52_55_58.html   The deal will be open to everyone, not restricted to the UK, but the deal will be restricted to this thread. UK orders will go through our UK office, the rest of the orders will go through our Dutch office.   Depending on the numbers reached there can be a leadtime. I know we're running a production batch of VX220 backboxes at the moment, but I guess it shouldn't be a big issue to increase those numbers where needed.          

Just to add regarding the warranty, you're not covered when the clamp on the back box fails and the tail pipe releases itself from the car as it did on mine and at least one other member on here. You will have to pay over £100 for the pleasure. Other than that a great exhaust ;)

#25 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys!   Jeremy (Jezza123) asked me about the potential group buy yesterday.   On itself we are interested to do a group buy if the numbers justify a deal.   Let me first explain the dealer structure at Larini so you understand what's happening and how it's happening.   In the past Larini Systems were dealing with everyone individually. This has stopped about six or seven years ago when they decided they should focus on production and hired us to become their distributor for Europe. We are currently holding approx. 600k£ worth of Larini exhausts in our warehouse which means a lot (not everything and not always ;)) can be shipped from stock.   We can do a deal on the VX220 systems, but all will be based on numbers. I would suggest to do a break on five, ten and twenty systems. These numbers would respectively give you 5/10/15% discount.   The rules will be pretty straight forward; let's first see how many people really are interested, then get all the details and set a closing date for the deal. At that date, the numbers will be looked at and final pricing will be made.   As for the warranty, please keep in mind this is a lifetime corrosion warranty, not a lifetime exhaust warranty. I know Larini are pretty good if it comes to solving production issues if there would be any, but we've seen quite a few things in the past which were presented to us as warranty items, but in fact they were not. For instance fuel dumping in the exhaust will destroy it and there will be evidence inside or when someone rear ends the car and pipes are bent.. it's not quite warranty etc.   You can find the retail prices for these systems here: http://www.elise-sho...c-52_55_58.html   The deal will be open to everyone, not restricted to the UK, but the deal will be restricted to this thread. UK orders will go through our UK office, the rest of the orders will go through our Dutch office.   Depending on the numbers reached there can be a leadtime. I know we're running a production batch of VX220 backboxes at the moment, but I guess it shouldn't be a big issue to increase those numbers where needed.          

Just to add regarding the warranty, you're not covered when the clamp on the back box fails and the tail pipe releases itself from the car as it did on mine and at least one other member on here. You will have to pay over £100 for the pleasure. Other than that a great exhaust ;)
Did it actually fail as in the threads stripped or was it just poorly fitted? Also, is it actually a part that Larini supply with their system? Though it's unlikely Larini are the manufacturer of this part, I'm surprised they wouldn't warranty it if it's a supplier they have chosen and it genuinely failed, causing damage to the system. What was the £100 for? Surely not a new clamp?

#26 Jezza123

Jezza123

• Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Cars !

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

1. Tibbles Stryker 2. Cressey 3. Luke84 4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price) 5. Jezza123 (backbox)

#27 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

Can someone give me a real quick 'explain it like i'm 5 year old' rundown of benefits of replacing Cat, pre cat and back box. Obviously backbox = loud noises but a quick run down of the other two would be useful

#28 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

You get the gas out quickly so more smiles per hour.....Hope that helps

#29 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

You get the gas out quickly so more smiles per hour.....Hope that helps

New Cat, remove Pre Cat = performance ?

backbox = noises ? 

#30 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

if you remove to pre cat you will gain some performance especially on the turbo, hardly any difference in noise Backbox is mainly noise only with the odd bhp or so 200cell sports cat will gain a little bhp but not much decat is less restriction couple of bhp extra but flames :)

#31 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

if you remove to pre cat you will gain some performance especially on the turbo, hardly any difference in noise Backbox is mainly noise only with the odd bhp or so 200cell sports cat will gain a little bhp but not much decat is less restriction couple of bhp extra but flames :)

I really like the sound of that!!!!!

#32 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

Did it actually fail as in the threads stripped or was it just poorly fitted? Also, is it actually a part that Larini supply with their system? Though it's unlikely Larini are the manufacturer of this part, I'm surprised they wouldn't warranty it if it's a supplier they have chosen and it genuinely failed, causing damage to the system. What was the £100 for? Surely not a new clamp?
The tail pipe comes seperate to the back box and is connected via a clamp which came with the system. The clamp loosened over time which resulted in the tail pipe separating and was lost during a drive. Had to have a new tail pipe ordered which was around £110 from memory. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it is a rare thing to happen but think you should all be made aware that it won't be covered under warranty.

#33 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

I really like the sound of that!!!!!

This is how all things should be explained. Cheers ! 

#34 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Backbox only for me 

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]1. Tibbles Stryker [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]2. Cressey [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]3. Luke84[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price) [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]5. Jezza123 (backbox) [/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]6. Pezley ( Backbox ) [/color]

#35 Vladimir

Vladimir

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Is it possible to order only de-cat system for NA?

#36 jacobw94

jacobw94

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

1. Tibbles Stryker  2. Cressey  3. Luke84 4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price)  5. Jezza123 (backbox) 

6. Pezley ( Backbox ) 

7. Jacobw94 (Backbox and decat pipe)

#37 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

Hi im wanting back box for VXT - Just need to confirm that

1 It fits straight onto OEM Cat + Replaces  OEM U Bend and back box section 

2 It fits using OEM mountings and heat shield 

I Have researched and am 99% sure that the answer is yes to both but need to confirm and then im in !!!!

#38 VX220BOB

VX220BOB

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

1. Tibbles Stryker 2. Cressey 3. Luke84 4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price) 5. Jezza123 (backbox) 6. Pezley ( Backbox ) 7. Jacobw94 (Backbox and decat pipe) 8. VX220BOB Precat & decat pipe (LA3DCO) price dependant.

#39 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi im wanting back box for VXT - Just need to confirm that

1 It fits straight onto OEM Cat + Replaces  OEM U Bend and back box section 

2 It fits using OEM mountings and heat shield 

I Have researched and am 99% sure that the answer is yes to both but need to confirm and then im in !!!!

Yes

#40 ukcat

ukcat

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

1. Tibbles Stryker
2. Cressey
3. Luke84
4. John W (backbox + poss 100cell cat dependant on price)
5. Jezza123 (backbox)
6. Pezley ( Backbox )
7. Jacobw94 (Backbox and decat pipe)
8. VX220BOB Precat & decat pipe (LA3DCO) price dependant. 
9. ukcat - Turbo Backbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users