• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 vxproject

vxproject

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hi

Looking for some rough figures, drove a vxt stage 2, been looking for my next hit ever since.

Looking for a car that's a solid base for a project,  vxt or na, plans are big for either car which ever comes 1st, over time I want to own both.

Could hand the car to Courtney sport, that will be far to easy.

My question! standard vxt costs to get it well over 400bhp ...same recipe for the na to sc, looking for figures over 400bhp.

All work needs to be out sourced, I have limited mechanical knowledge, looking through past posts including nevs car, taking a vxt or sc passed the 300 mark requires forged internals, at this point im lost.

My hope, to gather some parts 2nd hand parts to help bring down costs, gutted that I missed out in the recently sold forged 2.2 saab engine with m32 box as sold by batman, does anyone know who bought it and if they want to sell it on?  

Fag packet figures including labour will be great.

Thank you for your time Sid

#2 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

If starting from scratch audi tfsi s3 conversion all day long! 0-100 in less than 8 seconds amd 51mpg on motorway with stronger box and better low down response Or standlaone conversion on a decent forged setup I also know of a fully ready to go fancy brand new rebuilt zlet setup that maybe available DG

#3 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

To get a NA to close to 400 hp SC expect to spend close to 10k in second hand parts excluding labour Not 100% but no SC conversion has yet passed 400hp but could be getting quite close as we are now getting more data on things Seems the inlet manifold is the biggest issue

#4 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

400+ needs new liners to start with on a Z22SE

Edited by NickB777, 22 May 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#5 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

That's pretty serious. What's the great desire to go 400+? A Stage 2 is circa 240 and beyond 300, you'll really start knocking on reliability and driveability issues. Unless you're building a drag car, I'd be a bit more patient and progress the power as your mechanical knowledge/driving skill increases. That's all part of the fun really.

#6 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

to be truthful I was looking at 400+ on an S/C for some time but it's not going to happen not without spending vast amounts of money, if you want that sort of power go turbo and Nev is the guy to speak too, he KNOWS the turbo.

#7 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

Pardon for my ignorance, you claim you have little mechanical knowledge, you say handing it over to one of the most notable conversion companies is too easy? You have no idea about ball park costs? Is this really what you want to do & do you have a money pit?

#8 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

I agree turbo would be the way to go But maybe a Audi conversion would be more cost affected Darren's car made silly power recently But I would guess a Audi conversion will cost you the wrong side of 15k maybe Duncan vxr would shed some light on costs of one of these conversions it may even be the wrong side of 20k

#9 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

Liners are stronger then 400bhp guys and was tested to 650bhp with out them getting letting go.

#10 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Troll ..........gets all the big boys excited when someone starts talking about 400+....

#11 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

To get a NA to close to 400 hp SC expect to spend close to 10k in second hand parts excluding labour Not 100% but no SC conversion has yet passed 400hp but could be getting quite close as we are now getting more data on things Seems the inlet manifold is the biggest issue

I'm hoping to break the 400bhp barrier but we will see. I really think there's a few 400bhp Harrop vx220 out there.

#12 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

Lots of 400+ zlets out there, tougher in the VX due to engine position/cooling but the engine is proven time and again. There's always second hand engines and parts on the z20let lovers Facebook page.

#13 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

Definitely the vag engine swap is the best vfm way to go for that power and you get a box swap too. I bought the m32 box but I'm not convinced how it would handle that sort of power. Sc cars are in high 300's have a look at chill gone dutch, haggi and nicks build threads they seem to be leading the way on sc with a few others. Turbo more straightforward, Hofmann's have been running 450bhp europas for a while which have the turbo lump. All options would be North of 10k Id guess, and factor in a tidy base car and you could be looking at 20 before adding the required upgrades to cope - brakes, exhaust, clutch, tyres, suspension, maybe lsd etc. the prices on race spec parts can be eye watering! Your unlikely to find a base car with the right bits bolted on to cope with that much heave. Do that sort of budget Id be looking for a car already running high power, or a used ultima GTR!

#14 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

Troll ..........gets all the big boys excited when someone starts talking about 400+....

I'm going to buy you a mask & cape

#15 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

I agree turbo would be the way to go But maybe a Audi conversion would be more cost affected Darren's car made silly power recently But I would guess a Audi conversion will cost you the wrong side of 15k maybe Duncan vxr would shed some light on costs of one of these conversions it may even be the wrong side of 20k

Right side of £15k ;) The conversion includes pro alloy triple pass rad and my spec charge cooler but if the normal spec pa rad and cooler in place can be reworked and saves a chunk. So buying wisely could offset later costs if the audi option was a serious route I would say turbo as a base due to having a few things above n/a and more value to sell bits on not used DG

#16 allsteel

allsteel

• PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Winning lottery tickets,scantily clad women,real ale poured with a head,modified cars,great guitar playing.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

Cheapest option would probably be to buy the GMS engine in the for sale section. All the hard work has been done. If money is easy to come by the Audi tfsi is a hell of an engine.

#17 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

Not that its needed but if power if the target the tfsi with larger turbo and uprated head studs seem to give a reliable 600bhp in the vag chassis Fully agree its a very trick engine and imo always better to not have to open an engine unless required for the power levels discussed DG

#18 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

I looked at this recently. Lots of time & money has gone into it. However, it's not now a 340R (an original would be a good investment) But it will be quick!

http://www.pistonhea...on-340r/4203215

#19 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

A fellow cov boy 😊 must be something in the water lol Lot of car for the cash and looks well executed other than using the newer tfsi lump was what I was thinking of doing with a 2-11 but limits use on the road not screen or roof DG

#20 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

A fellow cov boy 😊 must be something in the water lol Lot of car for the cash and looks well executed other than using the newer tfsi lump was what I was thinking of doing with a 2-11 but limits use on the road not screen or roof DG

...He still has the screen which can be re-fitted! 

...2-11 with a Honda SC....mmm

However, I had a 2-11, it was boringly easy. Lots of neck bobbing in the wind & not great on wet days!

But this is a good compromise, & I've been speaking to this guy too.

http://www.classican...-cooled/2970695

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users