Vx220 400+ Bhp Project Sc/vxt

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Another option is to stick that turbo set-up onto a B207 engine, OBD Tuners, decent exhaust, LSJ intake manifold with TB adaptor.. I bet that's a simple recipe (relatively) for +300bhp / 300lb/ft (prob more) option with excellent response / drivablity, with near OEM durability. The later DI / VVT engine would just be a nice to have..

Ah, turdblow on a B207R you say? :wacko:

Posted Image

#42 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

Yes... But with a better turd...:D

Or pay lots of monies changing stuff to run the hairdryer..

#43 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

Ha ha, has anyone noticed the OP hasn't even replied to a single thing in this thread. I suspect he is either a time wasting troller or possibly another clueless dreamer.

#44 vxproject

vxproject

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hi Guys 

Not so good on the computer.

Totally agree with some of the comments about the lack of drivability, im not so confident cornering a high powered rear wheel car, never will be, im more the straight road racer, or drag race at the rights, dont get many long clear bendly roads in my part of the world.

Ive been speaking to Duncan via pm, evaluating my options, seems tfsi is a all round good options, with reliability and minimum lag, both top of my list.

thought about buying GMS sliver turbo as the base car, shame about the chassis damage.

Watch this spot!

Hi Everybody

Great advice, appreciated as always.

My reasons for jumping straight over the 300 mark, I had the stage 2 for the whole day, felt quick in 1st gear, however 2nd 3rd 4th 5th were fast don't get me wrong timed at early 4s was a lot of fun, not Shocking  fast, totally agreed wouldn't even drive a high power car to its limits until I got to know every gear, my last car it wasn't until I was a year in to driving it, could  I say I can push this car to its limits without losing it (in the dry).

The tsfi sound great, but seems labour heavy until someone has enough experience to get the job done fairly quickly , me thinking might be better I stick with the z20let forged engine for a direct swap, if there's such a thing, lack of experience talking.

Sent GMS  a pm for info on there engine, does it look like a decent spec? looking through other forged engines this ones a unusual spec with a massive turbo, this turbos probably not suited to the vx,   GMS  seem very reputable in the tuning scene confidence is high.

Well my story.... had a lot of high power cars in my early years, not had a single toy for the last 8 years usual story mid life crisis at 40, also the vx is the closest thing I can find to a atom/go-kart that can be used as a daily drive,Im confident in saying this is without a doubt my forever car so that it will need a lot of power to keep me surprised and have 16k to pump into a car give or take.

Thumbs Up!

#45 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

Hi Guys 

Not so good on the computer.

Totally agree with some of the comments about the lack of drivability, im not so confident cornering a high powered rear wheel car, never will be, im more the straight road racer, or drag race at the rights, dont get many long clear bendly roads in my part of the world.

Ive been speaking to Duncan via pm, evaluating my options, seems tfsi is a all round good options, with reliability and minimum lag, both top of my list.

thought about buying GMS sliver turbo as the base car, shame about the chassis damage.

Watch this spot!

Hmmm.  TBH your base car could have been something else then!  These cars were designed with handling as the priority rather than drag racing.  Don't get me wrong, having seen one of these wheelie off the line, it's entirely doo-able but it's just harder to get there! 

#46 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:WLTM reliable, quiet, tidy one for LTR.

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hi Guys    Not so good on the computer.   Totally agree with some of the comments about the lack of drivability, im not so confident cornering a high powered rear wheel car, never will be, im more the straight road racer, or drag race at the rights, dont get many long clear bendly roads in my part of the world.   Ive been speaking to Duncan via pm, evaluating my options, seems tfsi is a all round good options, with reliability and minimum lag, both top of my list.     thought about buying GMS sliver turbo as the base car, shame about the chassis damage.   Watch this spot!    

Hi Everybody   Great advice, appreciated as always.   My reasons for jumping straight over the 300 mark, I had the stage 2 for the whole day, felt quick in 1st gear, however 2nd 3rd 4th 5th were fast don't get me wrong timed at early 4s was a lot of fun, not Shocking  fast, totally agreed wouldn't even drive a high power car to its limits until I got to know every gear, my last car it wasn't until I was a year in to driving it, could  I say I can push this car to its limits without losing it (in the dry).   The tsfi sound great, but seems labour heavy until someone has enough experience to get the job done fairly quickly , me thinking might be better I stick with the z20let forged engine for a direct swap, if there's such a thing, lack of experience talking.   Sent GMS  a pm for info on there engine, does it look like a decent spec? looking through other forged engines this ones a unusual spec with a massive turbo, this turbos probably not suited to the vx,   GMS  seem very reputable in the tuning scene confidence is high.   Well my story.... had a lot of high power cars in my early years, not had a single toy for the last 8 years usual story mid life crisis at 40, also the vx is the closest thing I can find to a atom/go-kart that can be used as a daily drive,Im confident in saying this is without a doubt my forever car so that it will need a lot of power to keep me surprised and have 16k to pump into a car give or take.   Thumbs Up!  

I'd be REALLY interested to see how this pans out...

#47 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

you race on the road?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users