• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you the pics with an explanation of how the repairs have been carried out. Easier than doing it in length on this thread.

#22 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

Looks a good car. Same 3-4 people always commenting on values I think it's priced about right taking into consideration how bloody rare low mileage good condition vx220s are. There are only 2 sensibly priced low mileage cars on the market at the moment. My silver 24k one and the blue one at just under 15k.I think this one represents good value and its obviously been prepared with some care. If you do another Cressey remember the golden rule don't post an ad here until they finally disable comments on for sale threads. Utterly pointless and another two pages of drivel here this post included :)

#23 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

Actually one of the first comments I'm pleased to see. Was wondering whether I could do something like this as a sideliner but I'll leave it to you and Turboluca from here I think. Cheers for the endorsement Jon.

#24 ElizP987

ElizP987

• 4,037 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Will be posting a for sale thread up tomoz for a car and I must admit, the comments are not something that I look forward to! Luckily the last couple of vx's we have repaired have sold through word of mouth so no adverts needed.

Hence why I don't really list Car Parts for sale here now, you always get people commenting 'oh that's expensive' or one thing and another. They never say anything when parts are priced lower than other ones though lol :)

#25 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:12 AM

I also got pics of the dent from GMS when the car was up for sale ;0) some will pass, others will see past it.

Freedom of speech is  great! let’s encourage it, otherwise the bulshitters like me will go into hiding...even the comments that I think are bulshit can be entertaining and informative, and sometimes open up other points of view/discussion, theres plenty of forsale sites that dont allow comments.

#26 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

[font="'Helvetica Neue';font-size:10.5pt;"]I also got pics of the dent from GMS when the car was up for sale ;0) some will pass, others will see past it.[/font]

[font="'Helvetica Neue';font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]

[font="'Helvetica Neue';font-size:10.5pt;"]Freedom of speech is  great! let’s encourage it, otherwise the bulshitters like me will go into hiding...even the comments that I think are bulshit can be entertaining and informative, and sometimes open up other points of view/discussion, theres plenty of forsale sites that dont allow comments.[/font]

:yeahthat:

as long as people are decent about it then the debate can give a positive result.  IMO this is a very honest ad for what looks like a very nice car that has barely been run in.  The buyer will go in with their eyes open and knowing all about it so I see no issue.  It's good to see such honesty....now where is Imran? :lol:

#27 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

I don't mind comments/questions as it gives me the chance to add any info I may have forgotten. It's just when people start slating the car without any real knowledge of what the damage was or how it's been repaired. I personally think that sort of behaviour should carry warning point penalties at least and be discredited in some way. I've absolutely nothing to hide and want to make sure that any buyer is under no false pre-tenses as to why this car is priced the way it is. I've been a VXT owner for over 4 years and know these cars very well. I've been to plenty of meets, seen loads of VX's and few can compare to this one. Just needs the right buyer who can see this car for what it really is. It's certainly not the first Cat VX out there and won't be the last.

#28 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

Post the pictures then?!

#29 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Given the experience I've already had on this thread, I really think it'd be more trouble than it's worth. Seem to be a lot of people out there who delight in damaging sale threads. I've no problem supplying them to any potential buyer so they can buy with confidence. Not trying to blow my own trumpet here but I'm a qualified mechanical & manufacturing engineer and I'd like to explain in detail how the repairs have been carried out and why they've been done this way without any risk of misinterpretation or speculation. Sorry to disappoint Batman.

Edited by cressey, 19 August 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#30 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I'm not trying to ruin your thread, I have merely never seen a repaired chassis so was curious but I guess that's because I am also a electrical and mechanical engineer

#31 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

I wasn't actually referring to you. Just shoot me your e-mail and I'll send them over. It'll be a bit of an anti-climax though.

#32 brookie1

brookie1

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

so after reading the piston heads advert am I right it had two cat markers on it cat d and a cat c

#33 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Yep, think the seller has been totally honest, this will probably reflect it being pretty immaculate, if mmg has also checked over it I'd say it will be in fine fettle, with no cat status it would be easily another 4k.

#34 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

Still for sale.

#35 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

It's a damn shame it's right hand drive.  Such a car in LHD would sell overseas in no time for thousands more.   It looks like it's repaired beautifully with a lot of care for the details.  The lucky buyer will get a well sorted car for his money :wub:.

(And no,  I'm in no way related to the seller, nor do I get any commission :dry:)

#36 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

Bump

#37 cressey

cressey

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Still for sale. Currently only advertised here.

#38 Georgeralph43

Georgeralph43

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

Mine was a Cat C car and I had a full inspection after I bought it, the inspector could find no traces at all other than a slight paint change on the underside of front (about the size of a 5p). Only done 18k but I have no idea what it would ever be worth because of the status sadly. However I hope I never have to sell it! Based on mine and the look of yours I hope you get what your looking for mate - people with knowledge would not be put off, Cat from insurance on fibre glass cars is ridiculous

#39 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

That's a fine looking car, I too would take a look at this if I was in the market? After playing, replacing & personalising you start to appreciate when someone takes care & effort! Would there be this fuss over a regular car for sale, doubt it? Let the car sell & let the owner sell it without interference!

#40 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

wrong thread!😳

Edited by RabnaKS, 15 December 2015 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users