• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

Wow, didn't expect that high court ruling, looks like we get another chance to decide to stay in the EU now. I bet this wasn't fully factored into the markets either, so the £ will bounce a bit.

Don't think WE will have any choice in whatever happens now

#1422 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Wow, didn't expect that high court ruling, looks like we get another chance to decide to leave the EU once and for ever. I bet this wasn't fully factored into the markets either, so the £ will bounce quite strongly on the chance of us staying in the EU I reckon.

*sic edit  

#1423 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

I don't think we will get another chance a la referendum.

Best case, May calls for an election in early 2017.

Brexit will be a key pledge.

She will win and increase her majority (let's be honest, Labour and Corbyn are lame and UKIP a spent force so more Tory MPs).

Brexit put to parliament and her majority will carry it.

She gets on with Brexit means Brexit and we leave.

Can't wait, can we just get on with it now.

#1424 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

I don't think we will get another chance a la referendum.   Best case, May calls for an election in early 2017. Brexit will be a key pledge. She will win and increase her majority (let's be honest, Labour and Corbyn are lame and UKIP a spent force so more Tory MPs). Brexit put to parliament and her majority will carry it. She gets on with Brexit means Brexit and we leave.   Can't wait, can we just get on with it now.

There maybe a crimson tide in the next election. Factor out all the noise around Corbyn and there is an interesting surge in 'old labour' values. Even Red Ken could see a major part to play. And an election soon will still for large volumes of specific professIons mean a backlash against the 'work' C[H]unt and Gove. As unappealing as Corbyn may be, these two have been spectacularly effective for the Labour Party.

Edited by Mangham54, 06 November 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#1425 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

And the point of an early general election would be what exactly... Labour??? ...the world is going mad... a party that prides itself on being one with the unions... which were only relevant when we had no employment law and big parts of the country entirely dependant on one or two industries... the world moves on.

#1426 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

I don't see Labour doing anything other than leaking more seats I am afraid. The Doctors are all fluff and bluster and the non-junior ones have way to easy and cushdie a life with their big packages and pensions. 

UKIP will leak votes too - as it stands I see them going to May, not the Libs. So bigger majority. However I could be totally wrong of course.

#1427 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:14 AM

As the pound has fallen there are rising costs and now the Toblerone has gone from this: -

Posted Image

To this: -

Posted Image

Here's a BBC article about it.

You Brexiteers are stealing chocolate from children - that's how low you are.

#1428 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

they just wanted to up their profits, charge the same for less product.

#1429 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

they just wanted to up their profits, charge the same for less product.

Sorry Chris, it was just a light hearted post but it's not hard to realise that almost all the raw materials for chocolate are imported and they now cost 20% more.

#1430 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Jo Brand must be furious.

#1431 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

Jonny Vaughan has been doing a good feature on Radio X about what people are blaming Brexit for (screenwash running out, bird crap on the car etc) and explaining the reasons, it's pretty funny.

#1432 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

I always figured you where a radio 3 or 4 type of guy :lol:

Edited by The Batman, 08 November 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#1433 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

6 Music Matey, a proper station. Listen to 1 Xtra every now and then but mainly when A.Dot is on.

Edited by SteveA, 08 November 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#1434 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

https://twitter.com/...4857216/photo/1

#1435 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

As the pound has fallen there are rising costs and now the Toblerone has gone from this: -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stop whinging and it is bugger all to do with Brexit. Toblerone is owned by a US company and it is made in Bern in Switzerland. last I heard the USofA, Bern and Switzerland where NOT in the EU nor are they in Britain. So how the flook is this down to Brexit?  More crap reporting from the uber biased BBC? it must be, because it bloody well ain't April Fool's Day :)

Funny - these are the same bloody American jokers who bought Cabdury and have proceeded to replace diary milk chocolate with a cheaper variant of chocolate (crapper and not as much milk) on EVERY cadbury product apart from Dairy milk bars.  It's a US firm, so run by accountants who can give a sh*t about nothing but the price of beans. In this, that's cocoa beans!

Edited by C8RKH, 08 November 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#1436 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stop whinging and it is bugger all to do with Brexit. Toblerone is owned by a US company and it is made in Bern in Switzerland. last I heard the USofA, Bern and Switzerland where NOT in the EU nor are they in Britain. So how the flook is this down to Brexit?  More crap reporting from the uber biased BBC? it must be, because it bloody well ain't April Fool's Day :)

Funny - these are the same bloody American jokers who bought Cabdury and have proceeded to replace diary milk chocolate with a cheaper variant of chocolate (crapper and not as much milk) on EVERY cadbury product apart from Dairy milk bars.  It's a US firm, so run by accountants who can give a sh*t about nothing but the price of beans. In this, that's cocoa beans!
Also I understand Cadbury now produce most of their chocolate substitute American stuff in Poland contrary to the agreement with the uk government agreed along with the sale (anyone else got the willpower to stop buying Cadbury stuff ? )

#1437 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

Toblerone is owned by a US company, and yes it's made in Bern. The toblerone I buy here in Switzerland are still the cosher size - so no whinging on my part. This is a specific bar they've introduced for the UK market and they're saying it's because GBP has depreciated so much they either need to raise prices or shrink bars.

Has the pound depreciated since brexit?

I'm sure a little research on your part will find that it has, although it may be biased media reporting.

Has the pound depreciated because of brexit?

I'll leave that to you conspiracy theorists in the brexit camp to come up with another explanation.

All the other stuff about Americans making crap food - I agree with you.

#1438 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

I have said it before, and I'll say it again.

Everything run smoothly when it was the British Empire, before the American colonies got to big for their boots, before India realised it was a country and when Hong Kong was just a port.

Now look what happens, Democracy does not work, we have a segregated world full of horrible people in charge. The Queen, the head of state. Do you know why it works.. BECAUSE she is a nice person. that instantly makes her better to rule over every politician ever to have lived.

The main reason we need to leave the EU is to take it over, we don't need a seat at the table, we need to control the table. Joint leaders bull sh*t. They do what we tell them! 

#1439 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

I'll leave that to you conspiracy theorists in the brexit camp to come up with another explanation.

A direct quote from the BBC link you posted;

A spokeswoman for Mondelez acknowledged that the foreign exchange rate was currently "not favourable", but added: "This change wasn't done as a result of Brexit."

#1440 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

A direct quote from the BBC link you posted;

A spokeswoman for Mondelez acknowledged that the foreign exchange rate was currently "not favourable", but added: "This change wasn't done as a result of Brexit."

Yes, of course they've done it because of the FX rate. Why has the FX rate changed so much?

The reality is brexit has hit the pound, is that a bad thing? Yes if you're buying from abroad, no if you're selling abroad. Ask Iceland how they feel about devaluation - they're doing well economically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users