• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

I have just fitted gaz monos a few weeks back , since then i have driven the car all around the Highlands over every kind of road, fast sweeping A-roads, single track roads and even flew up Applecross. All i can say is the monos are a revelation, no knocking and such a better ride than my previous shocks, the car is now spot on as i wanted it to be. People who had a passenger ride whilst up there commented about how composed the car was at speed, yet firm and controllable.I'm more than happy with gaz monos. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Prefer my old gaz monotube to my Nitron ntr, a really nice ride. Impressive stuff 👍

#22 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

Where can you get replacement springs for bilstein shocks?

Turbo oem rear springs are available from Regelin Performance in Germany. Great service and works out about £40 per pair delivered.

http://www.regelin-p...o-/-vxt220.html

Fronts are harder to source but you can use Exige S2 front springs although they are slightly softer than Turbo front springs (but not much).

Edited by Wolfstone, 25 April 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#23 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

I'm just about to fit these that came with my car, not sure what model they are? It says gp7-457 ?

#24 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

I'm just about to fit these that came with my car, not sure what model they are? It says gp7-457 ?

Just found out these are the "gp" range, clue was in the name I suppose ha, anyone used these?

#25 Gonçalo Pereira

Gonçalo Pereira

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

I've Gaz Monos and i'm very happy :happy:  almost 4 years of daily use.

#26 flybikeslee

flybikeslee

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

so many mixed opinions  :tt:  cheaper Gazs and risk it, or dearer nitrons and risk it... hmmm 

#27 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:01 AM

I’ve had GGP, GGP2 and now on Nitrons

I had two sets of GGP and 2 sets of GGP2 over 5 years due to failures which were all different (2 leaked, one the rod broke and the final set completely ceased up)

Now on Hoffman’s Nitrons and they are world class compared to the GGP both on the road and on the track.

The feel of the GGPs for the money though there is nothing close if you get them set up by someone who knows what they are doing. And like others have said, the customer service is top notch. To be honest, without that service they would definitely have gone bust by now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

I had two sets of GGP and 2 sets of GGP2 over 5 years due to failures which were all different (2 leaked, one the rod broke and the final set completely ceased up)

Now on Hoffman’s Nitrons and they are world class compared to the GGP both on the road and on the track.

The feel of the GGPs for the money though there is nothing close if you get them set up by someone who knows what they are doing. And like others have said, the customer service is top notch. To be honest, without that service they would definitely have gone bust by now...

doubt it.. vx/lotus market is not even 5% of their sales.. 

#29 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

To add balance to the usual Gaz slating, Nitrons can also fail and they have a generally sub par after sales service. This is coming from someone who has owned two sets, one set from new to my spec.

However the balance needs to be proportional to the number of problems; if I search the forum for Gaz failures, I get pages of results, while I don't get any for Nitron.

My nitrons broke, shite customer service won't invest in them ever again... p*ss poor company when it comes to looking after customers...

Where as gaz.... they replaced a set on my car that I hadn't bought but came on the car when I bought it.

The gaz mono were a million times nicer to ride on than my current nitrons ntr too

#30 Paulus H

Paulus H

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I really appreciate my car. I have piled on 100,000 miles in 8 years of ownership. I still love every day I get in it

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

Best thing I did for my suspension was buy a brand new set of Billies and Eiback lowering springs. Paul

#31 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

doubt it.. vx/lotus market is not even 5% of their sales.. 

Doubt it's just lotus/VX shocks that are poor quality though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users