• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#41 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Based on inj duty, it is tied to your fuel use essentially. While a proper map you are able to use would be the best way to do it as you can tailor it to every load/rpm/pressure or whatever combination thereof you want to use, it is far from easy to do.

For an off the shelf kit the fuel inj based system from aquamist is by far the best way to do it, especially on a PD SC car. It is pretty easy to get good results from, I have seen many accounts of people trying and failing with boost control, either seeing nothing or very small gains. I did not expect it to work as well as it did out the box, ask the man who I did it for what he thinks.

#42 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:12 AM

One of the reasons I didn't go for E85 is the fuel consumption on track and 36liter tank, and I'm yet to find a stainless steel larger tank :)  

http://www.proalloy....882&id=proalloy  
That is aluminum which corrodes by E85...

#43 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Based on inj duty, it is tied to your fuel use essentially. While a proper map you are able to use would be the best way to do it as you can tailor it to every load/rpm/pressure or whatever combination thereof you want to use, it is far from easy to do. For an off the shelf kit the fuel inj based system from aquamist is by far the best way to do it, especially on a PD SC car. It is pretty easy to get good results from, I have seen many accounts of people trying and failing with boost control, either seeing nothing or very small gains. I did not expect it to work as well as it did out the box, ask the man who I did it for what he thinks.  

I can confirm, I am very happy with my set up :) Steve is right though I've never mapped it with the the WI. Mainly as I don't know what I'm doing with the Dutch software although Peter has been kind enough to offer a map based on my car's spec so I'll try that.

#44 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Ah, sorry, misread that.

Stainless will will a custom job then.

#45 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

Pressurised WI tank with manifold pressure, hose and one-way valve.

#46 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

Pressurised WI tank with manifold pressure, hose and one-way valve.

I've been thinking of that also, might work if a solenoid for the injector is used. I use AEM:s injector that opens by water pressure.

Also I'm not sure the reference pressure will work before the pump.

#47 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

Does anyone know how many litres the screen wash bottle is on the vx

#48 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

Oh come on Chris, you know that's where Vauxhall got the inspiration for the VX name. 2200cc. :D

#49 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

Lol 2.2 litres Mmm Will that be big enough

#50 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

Will that be big enough

I doubt it. At least not without becoming a pain in the arse.

#51 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

Will that be big enough

I doubt it. At least not without becoming a pain in the arse.
It will only be used on track I will give it a try first then invest in a bigger tank if necessary But if I only have to fill it up every tank of fuel I'm happy

#52 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

Ask Neil but I'm sure he said he had to fill his (much larger) tank once in the morning and once in the afternoon when he was on track (a definite reason to not be using methanol and having to be humping that around as well). You may be able to reduce consumption by more carefully controlling how much and when it's injected but you've also got greater heat to control in the first place. 

#53 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

Neil used half a tank at Anglesey (pretty sure), he had to top up because it was not full when he started. And yes his is using way more than is needed so will be reduced when setup properly, first I have to stop him doing other things so I can "map" the water properly. Currently starts a little late and is at too high a rate when it is on, this doesn't really matter as it's not too much for the engine just more than is required to get the required effect and therefore using more water than he needs to.

Apparently his leg has gone off again and I've had the call to help him (ahem) sort his boot release. :P

#54 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

thumbsup

#55 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Oh and while I agree for the purpose of simply keeping consistent power water is all you need, should you want to use meth too you do the mixing at home and transport as a 50/50 max mix so it is non volatile. Fill tank at home and take 5L with you pre mixed, should be plenty for a track day.

#56 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

Is Neil's 5 litres steve ( crabash )

#57 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

Yeah.

#58 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

I will give it a try first then invest in a bigger tank if necessary But if I only have to fill it up every tank of fuel I'm happy

The location itself of the original washer tank could easily fit a 5 liter tank, if you don't mind putting a few extra small hoses to the back.

You could even relocate the original tank in a much smaller format to the original spare tyre tube location on the wheel arch.

I believe some sort of bimmer has a 5 liter washer tank, but you would need to google for that one a bit.

Edited by smiley, 26 May 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#59 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

There is a massive selection of tanks if you don't mind a bit of fiddling, you could twin 2 smaller ones if you wanted. However that tank Neil has is very good if you can swallow the cost and find a location you are happy with to mount it.

#60 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

That tank I got was ridiculously expensive but it was by far the best for the job when I was researching them. Steve - I freed the boot lid so we could do some mapping tomorrow if you bring your netbook :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users