Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

Jesus.

#22 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Jesus, what a monumental fcuk up on the dealers behalf. I have a nice yellow Leon Fr diesel you can have...

Nah All we now want is a 5 door small hatch with a 1.2 tfsi engine Will have a look and see which other VW group have this engine as its a great engine for its cc

#23 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

The Skoda is probably the best value for money with this engine

#24 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for sharing

#25 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Seat may well offer you a sweetener on telling them of the salesman's fcuk up.

#26 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

Many chapters to that story! But yes sounds like a right PITA

#27 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:38 PM

Try a skoda three cylinder I have a diesel one and it goes really well and cheap as chips to run Purchased as a crap car but saves me a load on running coat each year.

#28 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

So why is this thread titled are 'ALL' car sales men... when you've only told a tale about one garage? :D Changed the other half's Mini for the latest model last year, visited a few of the local Mini dealers & as always I find a huge difference in the personalities of the sales guys that you meet, biggest let down was the place that we'd bought the previous car from (this was Mini purchase No.4), didn't warm to the guy that I dealt with in the end but I've done the job myself for long enough to know what was needed & I got the deal that I'd offered them in the first place too :D Edited to add: Didn't like the Mini 3 cylinder diesel so bought the 4 pot 2.0 diesel instead, bloody love it when I occasionally get to drive it!

Edited by 2GOOD, 28 July 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#29 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

It's the same problem with almost anyone who works in the car industry - garages, sales staff, petrol stations, after market parts. Most simply don't care 1 jot, and often they get away with it because their punters as so badly informed and plain clueless.

Coming from a precision based profession I find it doubly frustrating. Only today I was having an email exhange with an eBayer, who said their flanges were for 3.5" pipe with a 1 to 5 mm error(!!!), they said they were not willing to measure the flange accurately or verify that I could weld it to a 89 mm pipe. Fcuking terrible, they seemed quite unconcerned.

Edited by Nev, 28 July 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#30 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:17 AM

So why is this thread titled are 'ALL' car sales men... when you've only told a tale about one garage? :D Changed the other half's Mini for the latest model last year, visited a few of the local Mini dealers & as always I find a huge difference in the personalities of the sales guys that you meet, biggest let down was the place that we'd bought the previous car from (this was Mini purchase No.4), didn't warm to the guy that I dealt with in the end but I've done the job myself for long enough to know what was needed & I got the deal that I'd offered them in the first place too :D Edited to add: Didn't like the Mini 3 cylinder diesel so bought the 4 pot 2.0 diesel instead, bloody love it when I occasionally get to drive it!

Ok nearly all 👍😂 A Ford salesman told me the twin cam car had one cam for slow and another one for fast 👍😂😂😂 I walked off 😂

#31 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

Seat may well offer you a sweetener on telling them of the salesman's fcuk up.

Will give that a try Thanks

#32 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

I should add there was a available car there with the same engine but the wanted extra money which was beyond the budget

#33 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

I should add there was a available car there with the same engine but the wanted extra money which was beyond the budget

Time to put your negotiating skills to the test then & try to get that particular car within budget!

#34 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:57 AM

you should try main dealer servicing if you get bored of their sales people;

I took my car to the local vauxhall main dealer for it's first service (just for the service stamp / warranty), at 4300 miles they told me that it needed two front tyres and a new set of front brake pads.

They even kept a straight face when they said that will be £800 extra and do they want me to go ahead with the work :mellow:

They seemed surprised with my answer ... do not touch my car :angry2:

Front tyres had 5mm of thread remaining and the brake pads had 8mm left :ffs:

Edited by vocky, 29 July 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#35 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

I think someone needs training on how to use paragraphs and not just writing new replies. :lol: Sounds like a sales scam if you ask me.. They will of known exactly what they were doing, but you was one of the 2% of people that actually know what they were doing and cought on to their ploy. Imagine all of the people who would be too scared to say anything or just completely oblivious to what had just happened..

#36 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

I think someone needs training on how to use paragraphs and not just writing new replies. :lol: Sounds like a sales scam if you ask me.. They will of known exactly what they were doing, but you was one of the 2% of people that actually know what they were doing and cought on to their ploy. Imagine all of the people who would be too scared to say anything or just completely oblivious to what had just happened..

I would rather write in small posts Less chance of somthing fcuking up before hitting post It did cross my mind that they were trying to scam But are salesmen really that desperate

#37 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

Probably yes.. They will have massive pressure to hit their sales quota for the quarter.

#38 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Probably yes.. They will have massive pressure to hit their sales quota for the quarter.

Which is why I went at end of month and had the cash for transaction to get the sale in there monthly sales quota Looks like I will be tiring so where else next month

#39 AlfaAversion

AlfaAversion

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

I've been in dealerships for 30yrs , tyres inflated to 60 psi and passed off as power steering , slipping clutches = traction control , being the tech I have to explain all this away , all about targets and units and bonus.

#40 B1RMA

B1RMA

• Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Buying and selling shares large scale, collecting watches and pens, Fender Custom Shop Guitar buyer/seller

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

you should try main dealer servicing if you get bored of their sales people;

I took my car to the local vauxhall main dealer for it's first service (just for the service stamp / warranty), at 4300 miles they told me that it needed two front tyres and a new set of front brake pads.

They even kept a straight face when they said that will be £800 extra and do they want me to go ahead with the work :mellow:

They seemed surprised with my answer ... do not touch my car :angry2:

Front tyres had 5mm of thread remaining and the brake pads had 8mm left :ffs:

I had a similar experience with my SL63 took it to my local MB main agent for a service so as to comply with the Porsche dealers warranty who I bought it off.

My thinking was that if anything major was found there would be no quibble if it had a main dealer service stamp.

After sitting around watching the 30 plus staff all smartly dressed in suits I was approached with a video recording of my car, they found all four tyres were 'bold" in their words and that they should all be replaced at a cost of £1500 to which I said first of all I think it's bald not bold, secondly I checked the tread and pressure about two days ago and apart from a little wear on the inner edges I was very surprised at their findings.

Needless to say I didn't give the go ahead. I am sure many owners would have probably swallowed this crap and have been relieved of their hard earned.

As far as main dealers go our local Toyota/Lexus were very good and informed technically when we bought my wife's Hybrid Yaris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users