Bloody Cyclists!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:57 PM

I've just bought my miss's a bike for doing triathlons or something equally gay. She went out for a ride on the road today. I'm not sure whether to disown her or run her over

#122 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:13 AM

I've just bought my miss's a bike for doing triathlons or something equally gay. She went out for a ride on the road today. I'm not sure whether to disown her or run her over

Slap yourself. You bought it :lol:

#123 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:34 AM

its her christmas present :lol:

only 2611hours until christmas :D

#124 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

I like your ploy - buy it now that the nights are drawing in and the early mornings dark so that she has no time/desire to ride it. Cunning!

#125 Kunie

Kunie

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

Just out of interest how many of you cyclist hating drivers have points on your licence??

What's that got to do with the price of bollocks? Listen, With the amount of cyclists who ignore red lights, pedestrian crossings, fcuk about on pavements etc you lot would have more points that Clapham Junction station. No one hates cyclists per se. Just fcuking behave.

Quite a lot, there are equal amounts of drivers acting like idiots as cyclists!! Get it???

#126 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

I don't think you'll find many cars riding down pavements or up the left hand side of buses

#127 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

Just out of interest how many of you cyclist hating drivers have points on your licence??

What's that got to do with the price of bollocks? Listen, With the amount of cyclists who ignore red lights, pedestrian crossings, fcuk about on pavements etc you lot would have more points that Clapham Junction station. No one hates cyclists per se. Just fcuking behave.

Quite a lot, there are equal amounts of drivers acting like idiots as cyclists!! Get it???

Obviously  :mellow:

I really don't point the finger at either the cyclists or drivers.  Frankly, in London they are both as shite as each other.  But my experience as both someone who cycles and drives is this.  It appears to me that people who drive but say cycle to work, have a brain and are very aware of the road and how drivers may react in a situation.  It's the raving twats who dolly about thinking they are cruising down a lovely country lane who weave everywhere, make ridiculous decisions that endanger both their lives and indeed other road users.  Of course there are always cases for and against this conversation hence why it will never get solved as such.  Amsterdam as an example have adopted the 'cyclist has right of way' mentality which seems to work well in a what appears a more respectful society.

I can assure you I treat every cyclist as an utter idiot and frankly am never surprised by what I see. I clearly understand that drivers are just as stupid at times.

#128 Kunie

Kunie

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

I really don't point the finger at either the cyclists or drivers.  Frankly, in London they are both as shite as each other.  But my experience as both someone who cycles and drives is this.  It appears to me that people who drive but say cycle to work, have a brain and are very aware of the road and how drivers may react in a situation.  It's the raving twats who dolly about thinking they are cruising down a lovely country lane who weave everywhere, make ridiculous decisions that endanger both their lives and indeed other road users.  Of course there are always cases for and against this conversation hence why it will never get solved as such.  Amsterdam as an example have adopted the 'cyclist has right of way' mentality which seems to work well in a what appears a more respectful society.

I can assure you I treat every cyclist as an utter idiot and frankly am never surprised by what I see. I clearly understand that drivers are just as stupid at times

Agreed, couldn't put it better myself.  thumbsup

#129 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

I can assure you I treat every cyclist as an utter idiot and frankly am never surprised by what I see. I clearly understand that drivers are just as stupid at times.

Yes agree, except for the bit about Amsterdam. The number of times I nearly got hit by cyclists who came up behind me and passed me, at speed, whilst I was walking was frankly dangerous.

#130 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

Yes agree, except for the bit about Amsterdam. The number of times I nearly got hit by cyclists who came up behind me and passed me, at speed, whilst I was walking was frankly dangerous.

I thought even pedestrians had to give way to cyclists?  

#131 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

Too busy chasing Strava segements to stop for pedestrians and cars

#132 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

Amen to that, by simple definition: 1/2 of road users (both bikers and drivers) are below average ability. My personal bugbear is bikers & drivers who have no lane discipline, especially on round-abouts.  

#133 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

I thought even pedestrians had to give way to cyclists?  

Bizarre! Then pedestrians should have rear view mirrors - the worlds gone feckin mad!

#134 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

https://youtu.be/QA8mwtRSOm8

#135 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

You need to learn the system of the bells. Which i can imagine is not so easy for tourists.

#136 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Oooops!

Posted Image

#137 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

:lol:

#138 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

There was a cycling event down near Goodwood today, time trial I guess. Roads were really wet with the usual spread of autumnal leaves, so yeah slippery. Coming up to a junction and see aload of the organisers at a junction so slow right down. Then this happens:-

https://youtu.be/RJ2ZBInl0Tw

No warning from the yellow vested idiots to me or their rider. And what is the rider doing, he's over my side and just narrowly avoids going into the front of me. They really must stop having these events on the open road. Less than a few miles away there is a race track that is never used on a Sunday, why don't they use that??

#139 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:18 PM

No idea what your problem is with that above. Slowed it down, the cyclist did not cross the white lane so was fine as far as I could see, could just have easily have been a motorbiker, so faster or a prick in a german car (Audi/BMW/Porsche) who would have probably been over the white line or a woman in a SUV over the white line too busy talking to/shouting at the kids in the back.

It's like a lot of the cyclist "near miss" videos, just over reaction. A lot of them I look at and I'm like, well, err, what was the problem really!  I realise a few of them are actually quite dangerous.

#140 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

I've run it through frame by frame and he was over the line. Take it from me, it was inches not feet, that's too close for metal and flesh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users