Unmodified Black Vx220 Turbo, 55K, £8000

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

Welcome to the club. Hope you find the vx that suits you.

#42 Mikele

Mikele

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

I didn't really want to post, as I knew this would happen. I hadn't long sold my supercharged car and saw this pop up and knew it was a bargain, so bought it. My intention wasn't originally to spin it on as I could of done that straight away as it was. But I'm not a fan of standard cars, and this was too original to spoil. So instead of modifying it , I decided to get all the paint sorted and fix any niggly issues and get it as it should be. I'm doing nothing wrong, it is my car, it is now for sale at market value and is now in far better condition then when I got it. And as a bonus it helps pay towards my race car upgrades 👍 Thanks

Edited by Mikele, 05 October 2016 - 07:40 PM.

#43 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

^fair play and good luck to you. A bit of honesty goes a long way :)

#44 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

I have been thinking about up-grading to a turbo.

Just lol. :lol:

#45 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Fair play if you beat everyone to it Mikele. Plenty of the bedroom traders were after that one! 

Edited by jonnyboy, 05 October 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#46 stu8v

stu8v

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Good luck to you 👍👍

#47 Nickydee

Nickydee

• 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

Really dont want stir things up and conscious I am the newbie here but feel I must comment in light of Mikes and other posts.  I was well aware of when he brought the  and how much Mike paid for the car and if that bothered me I wouldn't of  contacted  him - believe me I had my fill of timewasters whilst selling my Lotus, and as long as I get the kind of car I want at a price  I am prepared to pay then if someones made a turn along the way then fair play. Mike stated  he intended to keep the car but changed his mind and plans for the car  absolutely nothing wrong in that. However on the basis of the information on this thread then some of his answer  didn't quite ring true and in addition the V5 is still in the previous owner name and the car has only traveled about 400 miles in the last two years.  I might be ridiculously anal but for me that was enough to make feel uncomfortable but doesn't mean a great opportunity for someone else out there.

#48 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Low annual mileage and v5 not in name are not things that should really put you off totally. Plenty of people buy and sell cars sometimes it's a one off sometimes it's a side business that the vat man might frown upon but with a hpi and buying on condition you are mitigating some of that risk. Google the sellers mobile that should tell a bit of a tale of there is one.

#49 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

I smell a rat lol . It's a turbo at winter not worth that anyway .

#50 Mikele

Mikele

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

Think that's abit offensive to say you smell a rat? And I am obviously open to offers but it's a good car with no issues now and the paint is mint. Nothing shady about it

#51 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Think that's abit offensive to say you smell a rat? And I am obviously open to offers but it's a good car with no issues now and the paint is mint. Nothing shady about it

Are you getting another Vx in worse condition then ?

#52 Mikele

Mikele

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

Don't be obtuse, it's none of your business unfortunately.

#53 Nickydee

Nickydee

• 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

Low annual mileage and v5 not in name are not things that should really put you off totally. Plenty of people buy and sell cars sometimes it's a one off sometimes it's a side business that the vat man might frown upon but with a hpi and buying on condition you are mitigating some of that risk. Google the sellers mobile that should tell a bit of a tale of there is one.

Surely the issue is if you buy from trader you have some protection under the Sales of Goods Act,  so if  a trader is masquerading as private seller then there is risk that the car is a dog and the trader is trying to offload it with the risk of comeback or simply to avoid tax. If the latter the question is on of trust.

For me it comes to down to risk and hence price,  I wouldn't want to pay dealer money for a private sale  but on the other hand I wouldn't expect comeback from a private sale or  dealers level of  preparation.  Ive brought secondhand cars from auctions, privately and from dealers, the latter ranging from franchises to guys trading from their house all but priced accordingly.

As vendor i would expect the new owner to do this or fill in the trader section of V5 and return the same to me before taking the car.  My personal opinion and its only my opinion is that if I bought a car to keep then I would register it straightaway in my name.  I would also not mistakenly state that I have owned the car for 4 months when posts on a open forum would suggest a much shorter period of time.  

Edited by Nickydee, 05 October 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#54 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:13 PM

Don't be obtuse, it's none of your business unfortunately.

Just you said that it was to clean to use so thought you want a rough Vx ?🙈

#55 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Fair enough Nickydee, if you're not 100% confident then just move on, I'm sure another one will turn up.

#56 Mikele

Mikele

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

I am not a trader , I would give you my number to search but I really don't want some people to have it now. I do apologise for not telling the complete truth with the length of time I had the car as knew it would put you off. It was obviously a bad idea. Unless anyone wants it on here for a decent price, i won't comment any further on this as it is a discredit to the car.

#57 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:40 PM

Wish I bought it for 8k :lol:

#58 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

Surely the issue is if you buy from trader you have some protection under the Sales of Goods Act,  so if  a trader is masquerading as private seller then there is risk that the car is a dog and the trader is trying to offload it with the risk of comeback or simply to avoid tax. If the latter the question is on of trust.   For me it comes to down to risk and hence price,  I wouldn't want to pay dealer money for a private sale  but on the other hand I wouldn't expect comeback from a private sale or  dealers level of  preparation.  Ive brought secondhand cars from auctions, privately and from dealers, the latter ranging from franchises to guys trading from their house all but priced accordingly.    As vendor i would expect the new owner to do this or fill in the trader section of V5 and return the same to me before taking the car.  My personal opinion and its only my opinion is that if I bought a car to keep then I would register it straightaway in my name.  I would also not mistakenly state that I have owned the car for 4 months when posts on a open forum would suggest a much shorter period of time.  
This is how it should be but it's not the real world. Lots of people dabble a bit with car sales and unfortunately like this poor chap is finding it can be hard work. Exposed to excessive scrutiny on Internet forums, people quoting SOGA etc. In the vx world just like the lotus world you can buy a car, get the car worked on or buy parts from none legitimate businesses/ people masquerading as traders. Most of the time there's no harm in it but there's no comeback. It's a grey area for sure but in this instance I don't get a feeling that the crime of the century is being rolled out before our eyes.

#59 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

So your history of VXs is - bought Richies old car from philliptreewalker for cheap, and quickly sold it on for a profit, then bought this turbo, to quickly sell on for a profit.

Nothing wrong with that but being transparent about it will make things a whole lot easier and people trust you a whole lot more.

#60 Nickydee

Nickydee

• 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:56 AM

Surely the issue is if you buy from trader you have some protection under the Sales of Goods Act,  so if  a trader is masquerading as private seller then there is risk that the car is a dog and the trader is trying to offload it with the risk of comeback or simply to avoid tax. If the latter the question is on of trust.   For me it comes to down to risk and hence price,  I wouldn't want to pay dealer money for a private sale  but on the other hand I wouldn't expect comeback from a private sale or  dealers level of  preparation.  Ive brought secondhand cars from auctions, privately and from dealers, the latter ranging from franchises to guys trading from their house all but priced accordingly.    As vendor i would expect the new owner to do this or fill in the trader section of V5 and return the same to me before taking the car.  My personal opinion and its only my opinion is that if I bought a car to keep then I would register it straightaway in my name.  I would also not mistakenly state that I have owned the car for 4 months when posts on a open forum would suggest a much shorter period of time.  
This is how it should be but it's not the real world. Lots of people dabble a bit with car sales and unfortunately like this poor chap is finding it can be hard work. Exposed to excessive scrutiny on Internet forums, people quoting SOGA etc. In the vx world just like the lotus world you can buy a car, get the car worked on or buy parts from none legitimate businesses/ people masquerading as traders. Most of the time there's no harm in it but there's no comeback. It's a grey area for sure but in this instance I don't get a feeling that the crime of the century is being rolled out before our eyes.

Certainly not the crime of the century and in most cases no crime at all.  I am in any way criticising Chris  who was very helpful and forthcoming with info.  But caveat emptor prevails, we are  of course talking about a significant amount of money  and I decided the car for me was not worth viewing as it involved a five hour round trip. I fully accept that I may be missing out on a great opportunity.

I now wish hadn't posted originally and kept my thoughts to myself, but only responding with further information to a thread that had already been revived with the reemergence of this car.

Edited by Nickydee, 06 October 2016 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users