• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#81 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

Good news! who's doing your interior? Joe done mine at Trim Deluxe did a great job

Tell me about it! Ive got a mate who works in embroidery at RR, so he is going to do it for me, if not ill give you a message and get [color=#ff0000;]there[/color] number! 

The correct spelling is "their"; most 10 year olds can manage to get this right! :rolleyes:

You've likely had a £300,000+ education (http://www.telegraph...-per-child.html) and still can't even manage to get the very basics right. How will you manage more complex things like tying your shoelaces and fixing your VX?!

rant

Im ever so sorry, I was blissfully unaware I was signing up to an English lesson! 

Don't worry crash buddy. Nev's just envois you had the balls to admit you crashed. Instead of taking the easy road and doing a major cover up. ;)

Keep away from walls and yule be ok
I gess ppl shld alwys b able 2 cover up 4 there mistakes at 1 time or notha. :lol:

#82 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

Good news! who's doing your interior? Joe done mine at Trim Deluxe did a great job

Tell me about it! Ive got a mate who works in embroidery at RR, so he is going to do it for me, if not ill give you a message and get [color=#ff0000;]there[/color] number! 

The correct spelling is "their"; most 10 year olds can manage to get this right! :rolleyes:

You've likely had a £300,000+ education (http://www.telegraph...-per-child.html) and still can't even manage to get the very basics right. How will you manage more complex things like tying your shoelaces and fixing your VX?!

rant

Im ever so sorry, I was blissfully unaware I was signing up to an English lesson! 

Don't worry crash buddy. Nev's just envois you had the balls to admit you crashed. Instead of taking the easy road and doing a major cover up. ;)

I gess ppl shld alwys b able 2 cover up 4 there mistakes at 1 time or notha. :lol:
I just wanted to make a really long quote

#83 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

rant

Is it grammatically correct to follow an question mark with an exclamation mark?

Just asking. 

#84 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

rant

I just wanted to make a really long quote.
I jst wntd 2 + a fallstop.

#85 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

rant

Is it grammatically correct to follow an question mark with an exclamation mark?

Just asking. 

Could have used an interrobang

#86 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

Tell me about it! Ive got a mate who works in embroidery at RR, so he is going to do it for me, if not ill give you a message and get there number!   

The correct spelling is "their"; most 10 year olds can manage to get this right! :rolleyes:   You've likely had a £300,000+ education (http://www.telegraph...-per-child.html) and still can't even manage to get the very basics right. How will you manage more complex things like tying your shoelaces and fixing your VX?!   rant  

What the actual fcuk goes through your brain Nev? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#87 scottrobertson1990

scottrobertson1990

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

rant

Just asking. 
Love this!

#88 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

A bit of precision in life is important IMO, particularly with an important basic thing such as your own language.

GL with the rebuild.

Edited by Nev, 30 December 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#89 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:10 AM

A bit of precision in life is important IMO, particularly with an important basic thing such as your own language.   GL with the rebuild.

You would love the astra forums then.. Joe not for mod

#90 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

A bit of precision in life is important IMO, particularly with an important basic thing such as your own language.   GL with the rebuild.

You would love the astra forums then.. Joe not for mod
I bet they're (was that ok) nothing compared to the MX5 forums that I've recently been using. Apparently I'm their bro and a geez :D.

#91 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

JG discovered the 1series forum. It's all about the monthly payments and the "M9" :lol:

#92 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

JG discovered the 1series forum. It's all about the monthly payments and the "M9" :lol:

And the infamous misfire no doubt

#93 ianrm

ianrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

?!

#94 ianrm

ianrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

A bit of precision in life is important IMO, particularly with an important basic thing such as your own language.

GL with the rebuild.

People like precision watches and you slated people for it  :gayfight:

?!

Edited by ianrm, 30 December 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#95 Lauren(S)

Lauren(S)

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Interests:Track days, World Endurance Race Series & Vodka!

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

Picking up errors helps people learn. Being patronising doesn't.

There may be reasons for spelling and/or grammatical errors, like dyslexia. Being a pain doesn't help.

Thank You Mark Nicely said! Who is Nev anyway :blush:    (rude)

#96 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

GL with the rebuild.

People like precision watches and you slated people for it  :gayfight:

?!

Correct spelling and grammar usage costs nothing (once you've been educated). Those unnecessarily over priced watches cost lots. Therein lies the significant difference.

Your just trolling anyway, it's abundantly clear that having the basic ability to speak and spell your own language is important.

Precision is great, but paying say £5000 for a watch that probably cost a fraction of that to make is just making someone else very rich, when a £10 digital watch from Argos would likely be just as precise.

Edited by Nev, 30 December 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#97 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

The Trouble is Nev not  all of us can spell doesn't mean we are stupid or not educated  ,i have struggled all my life.

#98 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

The Trouble is Nev not  all of us can spell doesn't mean we are stupid or not educated  ,i have struggled all my life.

I have struggled too, I was terrible at school and have worked hard at it all my life. Even now if you look, I regularly re-edit my own postings, as I usually make the effort to re-read and correct myself.

Edited by Nev, 30 December 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#99 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

Your just trolling anyway, it's abundantly clear that being having the basic ability to speak and spell your own language is important.  

Did you really edit this? 'Strewth.

#100 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Your just trolling anyway, it's abundantly clear that being having the basic ability to speak and spell your own language is important.  

Did you really edit this? 'Strewth.

Ha ha, I guess not well enough. :o  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users