• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

If its not broken, I'll break it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,551 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

Just watched the first race, bad luck with the start and then it looks great fun. Nice confidence boost having a good bunch of cars to get past.
I will definitely be doing some open wheel racing at some point in my life.

Whens the next race?

#122 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

Race 2 on the new layout at Pembrey

Started in 6th and had a great start. Held position through the first corners and in the hunt....

Lost a couple of places after giving too much space to others (who took it without hesitation - need to practice wheel to wheel racing!) down to 9th but I was on the lead pack and looking for a chance to make a pass.

But..when someone tried to get past into turn 1, I had a small lock up and a half spin losing 10 seconds and 4 places :(

The rest of the race was about chasing back some places. I closed down an 8 second gap in 10 laps, passing one car on the way. Caught 2 cars in the last corner and squeezed up the inside but got pushed onto the grass and couldn't make it stick. I needed another lap!

Lap times were much quicker than qualifying with my quickest (1:10.6) just 0.4 slower than the winners fastest time (1:10.2). 

I've learnt loads in the first weekend of racing and looking forward to getting back out on track!

Edited by Captain Vimes, 24 April 2017 - 11:11 PM.

#123 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

If its not broken, I'll break it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,551 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

Great fun thumbsup

I see they've changed the tyre wall the guy hit at the national 2013 into an Armco barrier too.

#124 Firthy

Firthy

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

Awesome work Captain.... Looks epic fun, after your recent history I'm not surprised you were giving them a bit of room!

I bloody well would be :) looking forward to watching your progress and confidence grow!

You will no doubt find a hell of a lot of time with new tyres :) AO48's are notorious for not liking heat cycles

Edited by Firthy, 25 April 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#125 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

So did you prefer old Pembrey or new Pembrey?

Old layout and I think that was a feeling shared by most on the day but it was good to run on both layouts. Keeps it interesting.

If there's a choice for the national, then try and get on both layouts with a changeover at lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users