oil cooler

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

Ali fitted a new original oil cooler in the end What oil temps are you seeing?

#22 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Cars, winding up toss pots, grammer, haggis, kilts, football, food, modern archiology, doughnuts, Rootes group cars, Glam rock, The Who, Led Zep, The Stones, INXS, other stuff.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

How strange, why do I suddenly find myself thinking of Donald Trump?

Are you genuinely asking people on the forum to answer that question.?!.,'

#23 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Once again I have to educate you because of your poor grasp of the complexities of the English language.  It's what's called a Rhetorical Question.

https://en.wikipedia...orical_question

#24 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Bringing the topic to the original question, could someone describe the feelings after installing of the Laminova water-oil cooler? Which size and how has it affected the temperature?

There's not much to say, if the cooler is sized properly then your oil temperatures will follow your water temperature, if it isn't then you'll find your oil temp creeping up. It's only job is to normalise the oil temperature to the water temperature - this helps warm the oil up more quickly, but will keep it from going above the coolant temp.

I think Graeme is also using a Mocal unit, but his car isn't running yet either.

Edited by fezzasus, 27 February 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#25 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

yup: http://www.vx220.org...once/?p=1753346

#26 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Cars, winding up toss pots, grammer, haggis, kilts, football, food, modern archiology, doughnuts, Rootes group cars, Glam rock, The Who, Led Zep, The Stones, INXS, other stuff.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

Once again I have to educate you because of your poor grasp of the complexities of the English language.  It's what's called a Rhetorical Question. https://en.wikipedia...orical_question  
You educate me! LOL. Once again you've shown everyone your shortcomings. Just stick to comments surrounding the post and you'll be alright. There's some good advise for you Lobotomov.

#27 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

Once again I have to educate you because of your poor grasp of the complexities of the English language.  It's what's called a Rhetorical Question. https://en.wikipedia...orical_question  
You educate me! LOL. Once again you've shown everyone your shortcomings. Just stick to comments surrounding the post and you'll be alright. There's some good advise for you Lobotomov.

You're 59. Grow up

#28 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

Wow, no wonder I kinda gave up on this place.... think I'll make everyone happy and fcuk off again.

#29 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

You're 59. Grow up

#30 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

You're 59. Grow up

#31 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

You're 59. Grow up
Stick to the post subject rather than name calling. And your telling me to grow up.

#32 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

Wow, no wonder I kinda gave up on this place.... think I'll make everyone happy and fcuk off again.

Shame, we need you to dilute the turds

#33 Paulus H

Paulus H

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I really appreciate my car. I have piled on 100,000 miles in 8 years of ownership. I still love every day I get in it

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

Due to the different kinds of vehicles this engine is fitted to and the different climates the vehicle is operated in - I would have thought the engine would have been pretty tolerant of oil temps.

Also why did AliM have to change the oil cooler.

#34 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

The oil cooler failed internally I think On Astra / vectras they don't have a cooler fitted

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oil cooler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users