• Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

sorry ignore me I forgot to apply man maths :lol:

#22 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

You also forgot the rest of the brief stuwy... Carrying Kids, I don't want them in a £500 shitter. Airport Runs, I don't want to miss a flight due to unreliability of aforementioned shitter Arriving at work/supplier carparks, doesn't look great in a shitter Need I go on.

#23 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

have you seen Oz (seloc) new hybrid merc he just got, looks solid.

#24 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Yes, but it's electric only.

#25 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

Yes, but it's electric only.

for such a bulky merc , I just got the impression it had a range extender petrol generator.

#26 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

I want an i8 next, to replace my a6 I quite like the brown interior...(but the blue needs to go) http://www.autotrade...6?atmobcid=soc3

Hold their money, don't they?

#27 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

You also forgot the rest of the brief stuwy... Carrying Kids, I don't want them in a £500 shitter. Airport Runs, I don't want to miss a flight due to unreliability of aforementioned shitter Arriving at work/supplier carparks, doesn't look great in a shitter Need I go on.

people carried children in them safely for years airport runs were not in the original y fronts but there is no reason said car has to be unreliable. you said nothing about showing off in your brief either.. just a 6 mile commute you don't have to go on, I know exactly why you want a fancy car and that's fine :lol: me and Sarah bought a new car last year. Nothing fancy but we could have gone for something cheaper I was just fishing... looks like I got one :P

#28 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

I want an i8 next, to replace my a6 I quite like the brown interior...(but the blue needs to go) http://www.autotrade...6?atmobcid=soc3

Hold their money, don't they?

its a shame the i8 is as ugly as the i3 and I was not impressed with size inside the car, was cramped

#29 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

people carried children in them safely for years airport runs were not in the original y fronts but there is no reason said car has to be unreliable. you said nothing about showing off in your brief either.. just a 6 mile commute you don't have to go on, I know exactly why you want a fancy car and that's fine :lol: me and Sarah bought a new car last year. Nothing fancy but we could have gone for something cheaper I was just fishing... looks like I got one :P
Stuwy wins post of the day, saying what others probably thought. :lol:

#30 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Saw a 918 at the traffic lights by my Chester office at lunchtime and thought of you Coco. Matches most of the brief. :thumbsup:

#31 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

:lol:

#32 B1RMA

B1RMA

• Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Buying and selling shares large scale, collecting watches and pens, Fender Custom Shop Guitar buyer/seller

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Not sure if it's in your price range but I had a look at the Lexus GS Hybrid when we went to pick up the wife's car. That was really nice, I nearly bought an LS 600h secondhand, it was sheer luxury but it had an awful auto-box that seemed to have just a constant, but just about audible drone all of the time. Instead I bought  5 litre V10 twin turbo diesel Phaeton which does 39 MPG on a long run and has nearly 1000 Nm torque just over tick-over, sod the planet i said as it's pre DPF and can leave a giant fog cloud when I floor it. 

#33 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

A couple of guys I know have BMW 330e's and are disappointed with the MPG they are getting from them (less than 40mpg when trying to be economical)

#34 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

A couple of guys I know have BMW 330e's and are disappointed with the MPG they are getting from them (less than 40mpg when trying to be economical)

I have one and like any type of hybrid it depends on how often you can charge and the distance of your commute. Realistically it will do approximately 18 miles on the battery alone, town driving. My commute is 28 miles, mixture of a-roads and motorway and I'm averaging 52mpg over 7k miles since I've had it, not bad for a 250bhp car. This means I basically have to charge each night. Any commute over say 30 miles without access to recharge will see the mpg drop into the 30's-40's I guess. Petrol alone on the same journey I'd average 35mpg. It's not for everyone but it has grown on me and nice not having to fill up at the pump every week, plus it's not a dirty diesel :)

#35 Chacha

Chacha

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

Hyundai Ioniq is worth considering, cheaper than Prius, "proper" double-clutch gearbox and comes in all three flavors: hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fully electric.

#36 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

Stuwy wins post of the day, saying what others probably thought. :lol:

If he genuinely wanted a safe, reliable & cheap car, he'd just buy one of the many millions of £1500 to £3000 cars like Ford Focus or Vectra's that were designed specifically for that. But the thread was nothing to do with that...  

#37 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Really Nev? And you moan at me for digs? You like having a bitch at me, then if anyone dares to question you, it's unacceptable? Both here and the mod thread contain your personal digs, yet until now I've not bitten. So, no the "millions of £1500 to £3000 cars like Ford Focus...." do not appeal. I want a new Hybrid, what's wrong with that? It's personal choice. Same as your personal choices, they're chosen by you.

#38 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Really Nev? And you moan at me for digs? You like having a bitch at me, then if anyone dares to question you, it's unacceptable? Both here and the mod thread contain your personal digs, yet until now I've not bitten. So, no the "millions of £1500 to £3000 cars like Ford Focus...." do not appeal. I want a new Hybrid, what's wrong with that? It's personal choice. Same as your personal choices, they're chosen by you.

After years of you trolling me, I have no compunction about pointing out some unsavoury truths about you. As you can see, it's not just me who sees through your visage. You only have yourself to blame.

Edited by Nev, 17 March 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#39 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Define hypocrite 

#40 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

Define hypocrite 

You don't know the history Tom, he (and others) were terrible trolls from years back. I have reacted, rather than capitulated.

Edited by Nev, 17 March 2017 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users