• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

OK, so thanks everyone who replied and the suggestions.  I've done a ton of research and have decided to save around £250-£300 by not going for the obvious GoPro choice. I have gone for this:

http://www.veho-muvi...product/k2npng/

I will hopefully have it up and running for my first track day next Saturday and I will post up the video produced to let you all see the quality, or not, of the pictures.  I decided that I did not need 4k capability (I don't have a 4k TV and so 1080 quality on the monitor / tablet will be fine and it comes with a huge range of extras and a hard case.  It does seem like a bargain, but the reviews are good and it uses the GoPro mounts too so the range of options is huge.

Cheers, and thanks again.

#22 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Here is my video from earlier today. I think I will reposition GoPro to front windscreen for better picture quality. https://youtu.be/d2tNQelOpHI

You could possibly improve by setting the FOV to medium or narrow instead of wide to clip out the seats and changing the metering to spot. Camera is exposing for the dark back of the seats and cabin which is over exposing the outside.

#23 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Yep I always use Center metering on my GoPro works out fine. Though that positioning with a passenger doesn't generally work too well. How did you mount you phone as I like the view of you guys.

#24 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Here is my video from earlier today. I think I will reposition GoPro to front windscreen for better picture quality. https://youtu.be/d2tNQelOpHI

You could possibly improve by setting the FOV to medium or narrow instead of wide to clip out the seats and changing the metering to spot. Camera is exposing for the dark back of the seats and cabin which is over exposing the outside.

good advise 

spot metering is always best !

I used to know a bit about cameras but the tech has moved so fast and so quick ....you are better gluing an Iphone to the car ! they shoot really well nowadays 

most stuff is only ever viewed on a small  screen so all that 2k 4k bollocks is just bollocks to get you to spend your dosh.

multi camera = more angles = more stuff to cutt to and from ...

one on the back one in the cabin one on the front and one looking at the driver.

then you can make a movie 

#25 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

....you are better gluing an Iphone to the car ! they shoot really well nowadays 

Not a bad idea to be fair!

Only problem is if you shoot with the primary camera (best quality) you'll constantly be unmounting and remounting to get to the screen to start/stop recording.  :glare:

Actually thinking about it, most of those selfie sticks come with a cheapy bluetooth remote shutter. You might be able to use that. 

#26 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

#27 Crunchie

Crunchie

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things, in lots of different places

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Personally the more cameras you have the better.

I tired to experiment with a camera forwards and rearwards in 2 cars. 4 cameras in all.

Im quite pleased with the result, there is more to watch everytime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users