Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

I´m gonna try this company for a change:

http://www.powersprint.eu

They explain the blow out principle of padding directly at the perforated pipe:

http://www.powerspri.../edelstahlwolle

And advise their "SSF-HT" steel wool up to 1200 degree.

Then "1000 PLUS" padding up to 1000 degree.

For comparison Acoustafil PTX = 800 degrees, ZT-1 = 900 degrees.

There is only 1 dutch guy running it, and he is happy so far, but it´s not proven technology yet, so i make no promises. I just need to try something new, as the old is not working for me.

I got some of this recently on your recommendation, should be on next week so will keep all updated as to longevity.

I put it in before the French Frolic, and it seems to survive ok so far.

Very happy with it.

It did not work for another Dutch with a decat system. (i have a cat)

#22 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Hi Chilli,

I'm looking at packing my rear 3" Tullet silencer to hopefully pass track day limits. Please could you tell me what combo of silencer material have you used on yours, how much of it did you order and what is you car doing on a static test at Oulton and Donnington ?

Does anyone have to use additional turn down pipes on the tips ??

Adam

#23 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

A good mod is to change the tailpipes for one single 3 one This knocked about 4db of my exhaust (which was 2.5) Let me know if you need some more Tullett exhaust packing thumbsup

#24 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Ok thanks, 4 dB seams alot,I may get a 2 to 1 tail made for track use. I noticed on another post the chilli used a DB killer. So have done a bit of a Google and this maybe an option, I'm just not sure on the implications of back pressure on the system. I'm not sure if I want to go down the lines of repacking with the same stuff (tillet) as it's going to be such a ball ache getting clam off etc, so trying to find the best solution so it's done once. (or at least very infrequently)

#25 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

I do have a emergency clamp on silencer/Db killer I use the acustafil packing from thermal velocity I can't remember how much I ordered As joe said single pipe does knock the level down

#26 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

I'm quite lucky with my exhaust it's been very quiet with its built in resonator chamber but these exhaust are no longer available I've not yet had the use the Db killer

#27 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

The db killer lee has makes it louder :lol:

#28 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

The db killer lee has makes it louder :lol:

YEah he set a new record at Bedford Mine where I'm sure it will reduce noise is ver restrictive

#29 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Ok cheers, I've e mailed thermal velocity for a quote and advice. Just out of interest can you remember, what DB yours is doing on a static? Also if I got a fabbed a small bolt on section that bolted to the 2 tips and pointed down with a dB killer, would this give me belt and braces for strict days? (along with the rear silencer packed with thermal velocity packing)

#30 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

It has been measured at 93Db to 99 Db static without the Db killer different places seem to have different measuring devices I remember once one of the smaller tracks said 88 Db think it was Mallory be I disregarded this reading

#31 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Wow that's really good, but big difference in readings, think I should pack it then take a run down to Oulton and get it tested. Thanks for info

#32 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Wow that's really good, but big difference in readings, think I should pack it then take a run down to Oulton and get it tested. Thanks for info

I'm only about 7 miles from oulton park and if you turn up there is normally a couple good guys allowing the drivers on the track who have the test meter They have tested mine a few times without issue ( I like happy people ) Is it worth having it tested before you refil it As I can't see it lasting that long in that car I think mine is one of the better harroped cars on sound because I run a lot less boost than anyone else

#33 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

I've got a mate with a 350z (550hp) who struggled with sound he had these made and dropped 7-8db. Posted Image

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#34 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

very subtle

just buy a 90degree bend of ebay and fit it for trackdays, if you get noise issues on the day have another 90degree bend to bend the opposite side to the sound metres

simples.

#35 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Ok thanks, 4 dB seams alot,I may get a 2 to 1 tail made for track use. I noticed on another post the chilli used a DB killer. So have done a bit of a Google and this maybe an option, I'm just not sure on the implications of back pressure on the system. I'm not sure if I want to go down the lines of repacking with the same stuff (tillet) as it's going to be such a ball ache getting clam off etc, so trying to find the best solution so it's done once. (or at least very infrequently)

I changed to a single exit on my tullet and it took similar db off to batman, but only static, it was still the same on drive by's though, so whilst it may get you out on track you will most likely still get black flagged.

The Tullet is pretty sh*t imho, the pipe runs at an angle through the silencer so at each end its right next to the exhaust sleeve, so in effect probably only 2/3rds is actually well silenced.

I used the german high temp wool and packaging and modified a std box to run straight through and exit through the diffuser, it was noticeably quieter than the Tullet and firing into the tarmac only helped to dissipate the sound. The car has been sold and i know the new owner has done some days without issue.

You will probably fair better too with a small silencer/resonator instead of the cat.

Edited by Jetpilot, 06 January 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#36 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

I struggled with a 2.5" Tullet at a few tracks that is also angled through the back box

#37 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Ok cheers jet pilot. It currently doesn't have a cat and I've not had clam off yet so not sure what I can squeeze in.

I've been messing around with an idea but not sure if it will do alot? I thought I could also put a 90 degree turn down on it, to point out away from the sound microphones?? Posted Image

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#38 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

You will alter your flow rate with that, so likely to mess up your map.

The exhaust can be removed with taking off the clam, helps to remove the rear wheels and arch liners, the std exhaust is pretty much the biggest silencer you can get in there, unless you create something near square.

The small silencer where the cat would be also helps a fair bit.

There was also talk Matt Bentley Racing was creating another exhaust but dont know how far down the line it is or isnt.

Good luck, was my biggest bug bear with VX ownership :(

#39 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

I've just realised my idea won't work as the wadding would just get burnt up as I'm passing the exhaust gasses through it. Doh !

If I was to do, a similar concept it would have to have another baffle where the outside is currently and then put waddding on and another outside skin, but this would probably look like a drum was attached to my car :tt:

#40 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

seriously i see no point in running 2 x 3" tailpipes all you are doing is adding noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users