• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ee601

ee601

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

I have a single garage and manage very easily

Ooh, that's good to know.  I must ask - how do you jack up the VX?  Is there a method from front and rear, or do you just put the trolley jack at an angle on each side?

#22 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

Just a put the jack on the middle jacking point (under the side intake). Jacks up the whole side at once shove axel stands under both ball joints then move round to the other side. I've had it at the highest point on the axel stands before. I tend to use my Halfords jack as it has a handle that can turn so can jack it up with the jack square to the car but handle 90 degrees to the jack.

#23 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

Just a put the jack on the middle jacking point (under the side intake). Jacks up the whole side at once shove axel stands under both ball joints then move round to the other side. I've had it at the highest point on the axel stands before. I tend to use my Halfords jack as it has a handle that can turn so can jack it up with the jack square to the car but handle 90 degrees to the jack.

This ^^. I use wheel ramps if it's not a wheel off job, they just feel more stable to me.  

#24 ee601

ee601

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

Aahh, thank you chaps. You just potentially saved me lots of money on my next house!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users