• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#1 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

Hi Guys, Well Im now Im on the second VX(third actually but second one shown on here lol). I sold the first one after achieving 509bhp from a 2.4 short stroke build. I didnt think Id own another one but here I am lol. Original plans were to keep it simple with not to much bhp and just have some regular track time. That thought lasted about two seconds. I brought the car as a track ready stage 2 forged supercharged car with around 250bhp. I then decided with the kind assistance of Neil and Joe to carry out the following mods which are still being undertaken.... Blower comp cam upgrade Aquamist meth injection kit - Ill be running mw50 again as per my last build OBD pro software Ported M62 supercharger LS4 throttle body Bosch injector upgrade Wideband lambda kit Front Louvres - awaiting fitment at the body shop(IKustoms) Coupe conversion - awaiting fitment at the body shop BGW Turbo ears Pro alloy rad New charge cooler pump Rear diffuser Front splitter Ive probably forgot some bits but I think there the main ones lol. When the car returns apart from a set up on our flat patch and some tidying up in places Ill run the car as is for the rest of the year. My thoughts then are to remove the motor and carry out a bulkhead mod to remove the window and gain some space in front of the motor. Rebuild the motor completely with Datton sleeves again and my custom pistons to make the motor a 2.4 like my last one, upgrade all the valve train and cams again possibly. And then due to already having produced big power with my last harrop car I thought of twincharging this one. A Harrop coupled with possibly a gt3071 ish sized turbo, maybe a slightly bigger turbo Im not sure yet I need to have a think about it more. Lets see this time if we can break 550-650bhp. Ill try keep this car a little longer than my last one and attend some avents so we can see what the car can do Round a track rather than just on my rollers and local roads!! Some attention and thought will need to be given to tyre/wheel size for traction. There my current plans/thoughts anyway...I hope I can make most of it happen. Im booked for the National at angelsey so it will be good to meet some of you this time round and put faces to names etc.

Edited by 1cobrav8, 13 January 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#2 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Sounds interesting.....should be a doddle after the last one ;)

#3 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Welcome back! Stick an LS9 in it :)

#4 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Welcome back, they are irritatingly difficult to get rid off entirely. Though it does sound a lot of repitition work to get it as nice as the last one you sold?!? :P

#5 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

For twincharging with a turbo, that Harrop will be a bit of a waste...  You can perfecty use the M62 to fill the low end and then turbo all the way to 500++

It's done before on US LSJ engines.

(Ow, and an LS4 TB can be a bit twitchy. On an M62 charger I would not go bigger than the original 68mm version.)

#6 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

B204 , 666bhp 

http://www.serioussa...2x4tribute.html

#7 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

don't do the coupe back. doesn't look right. 

#8 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

The crazy guy is back :tt:

#9 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

rallly

#10 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

don't do the coupe back. doesn't look right. 

Depends on the coupe back. The German one with the slats is cool. Good luck with this mental build! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

What you should try to do is to fit a clutch to the S/C so you can gear it to it's max rpm right after the turbo kicks in and then de-clutch. This would make proper use of the S/C with reduced internal leak at low rpm and use of its full potential and low parasitic losses when the turbo kicks in. On top of that the turbo should spool earlier and the torque curve will be more even in the transition.  

#12 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

What you should try to do is to fit a clutch to the S/C so you can gear it to it's max rpm right after the turbo kicks in and then de-clutch. This would make proper use of the S/C with reduced internal leak at low rpm and use of its full potential and low parasitic losses when the turbo kicks in. On top of that the turbo should spool earlier and the torque curve will be more even in the transition.  

or the electric volvo/audi forced induction

expect 48 volt systems in cars to be standard soon

#13 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

And the new expect electric valve system also Be Intresting ifbthe motor industry can agree to move away from 12 volts

#14 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

I'm surprised thet don't use the air compressor cylinder Volvo use in some of there diesel designs

#15 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

I've also wondered why no body has developed a none combustion air pump engine which is 2 stroke and purely works on compressed air rather than combustion of fuel

#16 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I'm surprised thet don't use the air compressor cylinder Volvo use in some of there diesel designs

The problem with powerpulse is that it's limited in how many times it can be used in a certain timeframe (tank size/compressor), ie it would be useless in a trackcar.

#17 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

I've also wondered why no body has developed a none combustion air pump engine which is 2 stroke and purely works on compressed air rather than combustion of fuel

Don't remember which but one oem did a KERS system based on compressed air instead of regenerating braking to charging batteries.

#18 Mattias

Mattias

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

or the electric volvo/audi forced induction

expect 48 volt systems in cars to be standard soon

It sure will, it's forced in by new emission legislations and high tax for CO2. 

#19 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

If you are going twin-charged, is there really a necessity to go to the expense of a larger capacity 2.4 engine? Would a better option to perhaps use a Gen 3 2.0 bottom end with upgraded internals.. Just a thought.

#20 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Ha ha, I thought you wern't going to go mad on this car?!

GL with twin charging, looking fwd to seeing how you set it up.

Did you not of just using a twin scroll turbo instead of the Garret - probably loads of torque by 3500 RPM I would imagine, if you extend the RPM range to say 8000 that gives you a viable 4000 RPM gear change range which is plenty (way more than more street cars anyway).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users