Photo

My Upgrade To B207 & Sc

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:25 AM

Any opinion if this adj cam gears are OK? Or is it safer to go for standard?

they look like the GM Racing adjustable cam gears, I had them on mine for a few years. They work fine, but be careful not to overtighten the 'pinch' bolts.

#42 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

Hi. The Compcams are 113301 and 113302

https://www.flickr.c...6/shares/5TV8PY

Before installing these, check the base circle diameter to be 30.0mm, as some time ago Comp made a faulty batch with too big a diameter. (and your valves stay open)

#43 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Everything that is fast

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

Any opinion if this adj cam gears are OK? Or is it safer to go for standard?

they look like the GM Racing adjustable cam gears, I had them on mine for a few years. They work fine, but be careful not to overtighten the 'pinch' bolts.

OK. I will be careful. Do you know where I can find information regarding force for tightening?

Also: What is the benifit with this adjustable gears? Will I gain anything in my setup with the Compcams113301 and 113302?  

#44 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

The Comp Ecotec cams timing is sometimes quite a bit off when installed with the standard  (z22se) sprocket wheels. (The slot orientation in relation to the lobe timing.)

With those adjustable gears you can dial the lobes exactly to spec. (need to measure the valve lift with dial calipers in relation to crank angle; search) But you can/need to do the same with the Saab B207 sprocket wheels, as these have no orientation slot. Just a bit more fiddly...

#45 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Thanks. Great to have access to all this know how👍

#46 Jocke_D

Jocke_D

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Yes. If I rememer correct it is the113250 set. Exhaust cam is shorter. Wii attache link to picture when I am on my computer. I see no issue with the MOT. If there is a problem=> I increase Idle before the MOT-inspection. No problem so far😉 I will anyway need to hide or disconnect the SC during the MOT in Sweden. Any advantage with the adj gears? I wll otherwise sourse fixed.

I have besiktat mine two years with no remarks about the SC. The people at besiktningen have no idea what they are looking at. The first time they didn't even open the engine bay lid (hazard triangle in the cabin). Second year the guy asked to see the engine - said it looked cool and that was that :)

#47 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hi, I am trying to upload pictures.

But my limit are: "You can upload up to 3.09KB of files (Max. single file size: 3.09KB)"

Is it just me who has this 3KB limit? I was before able to upload pictures with the size 55KB. Something I have done to get this limit?

#48 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

host the images on provider , like IMGUR or another image host

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users