• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

What it the thinking on higher CR say 10.5:1 with a larger pulley 3.5? I might SC my engine at some point but it has a 0.5mm skimmed head and larger valves. I would like to go back to std cams and use a smaller ear pod radiator. Sorry to hijack the thread 😬

Don't see why that wouldn't work well. I suppose the calibration and what exhaust will have a lot to do with it. As above, I ran a 3.1" pulley with a 10.4:1 CR. I then switched up to a 3.35" (standard size) until I could get the fuelling improved. This was on a larger capacity engine though.

#22 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Already on Dutch. Would also be running wideband for more accurate fuelling.

#23 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Everything that is fast

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

You will be right at the maximum idc with that spec blue vxr injector ( what size pulley you fitting )

If you go for 3.0 or below I think you will need 630 cc injectors

Attached File  DSC_0255 (2).jpg   38.94KB   16 downloads

The pulley delivered on the SC is 77.9mm (3.07"). I think I will try to find a 3.2". [font="Calibri;font-size:11pt;"]  I have following choices as I am running OBD: [/font]

Injector470cc/min(Bosch0280156280)

Injector550cc/min(Siemens) 

Is 470 ok or shall I look for the Siemens 550 if running with pulley between 3.07 and up to eg. 3.3?

#24 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

With that sort of pulley size, you'll be getting at most 300bhp (probably a good bit less if running a 3.2" pulley) so the 470 injectors are perfectly fine. 630cc are a bit over-sized for this level but have been used before and are ok. No idea on the 550cc injectors.

I will be running Bosch 0280156280 injectors (VXR blue injectors as they are more commonly known on here) with hopefully close to ~290bhp on a 3.0" pulley. They are plenty good assuming my fuel pump is suitably rated, although as noted, they are not recommended outputs in the mid-300bhp range.

#25 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

Make sure to use a wideband (even temporarily if needed) to run the wot sessions in obdtuner.

From the top of my head i went from around 95% to 85% injectory cycle near the peak.

Basemap is set very rich in the top part.

#26 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

OK. I will test with current 3.07" pulley, 10.0:1 CR and Bosch Blue and see how it turns out.

The engine is in its way for balancing: But first I have to buy new bearings The standard bearings did not fit the new crank. 

The car must be running when my daughter graduate early June. I may wait until after to be on the safe side. 

I will check for wideband as well. But I am not there yet :)

#27 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Use a tubular exhaust manifold instead of the Dbilas one for extra power.

Of port your Dbilas one....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by tibby, 01 April 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#28 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Think I start with porting my Dbilas first. When the car is running I can check for improvements like new exhaust system.

#29 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Jesus, are my eyes deceiving me or is that Dbilas manifold out by 1/4 inch all over the place???

Edited by Nev, 02 April 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#30 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

Hi, I was trying to add a picture of my adjustable cam gears. But I am not able to add picture even with the size of  only 29KB. Seams as I have a limit of 3KB.........  :glare:

Edited by Adventure, 09 April 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#31 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

Go to your "my gallery" on this site, upload pic there and post the link in your posting here.

(Or use any other, non Photobucket, picture host site...)

Edited by Exmantaa, 09 April 2018 - 09:48 PM.

#32 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Tried "My gallery" with same issue. Not allowed to upload pictures larger than 3kb.

However. The adjustable gears was  bought together with stage 2 Compcams from ALLEcotec. Attached is a link to a picture of the gears.

https://www.flickr.c...6/shares/x68216

#33 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

Any opinion if this adj cam gears are OK? Or is it safer to go for standard?

#34 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Tried "My gallery" with same issue. Not allowed to upload pictures larger than 3kb.

However. The adjustable gears was  bought together with stage 2 Compcams from ALLEcotec. Attached is a link to a picture of the gears.

https://www.flickr.c...6/shares/x68216

Wow, allecotec, that's a long time ago :-) (8 jears or so?)
Ordered my Comp cams there also (when nobody even knew about these cams)
Still use the free allecotec fastener for weigth lifting :-)

Posted Image

#35 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

I do'nt know about the gears BUT i do know the timing from the Comp cams from allecotec are not 100% ok. You need to use adjustable cam gears for these cams for full benefits... https://www.speedste...hilit=comp cams (yeap, 8 years ago....)

#36 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

I do'nt know about the gears BUT i do know the timing from the Comp cams from allecotec are not 100% ok. You need to use adjustable cam gears for these cams for full benefits... https://www.speedste...hilit=comp cams (yeap, 8 years ago....)

My Dutch understanding is not the best. But Google translate makes magic  :happy:  

I am using OBD-tuner. I have Piper cams in my current engine and the HC level att idling is far out of range for Swedish MOT approval. Solution for me was to use OBD-tuner and increasw idle to 1200rpm. But adjustabel gears may solve this issue?.

I will start with this adj gears and se how it works. 

#37 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

Tried "My gallery" with same issue. Not allowed to upload pictures larger than 3kb.   However. The adjustable gears was  bought together with stage 2 Compcams from ALLEcotec. Attached is a link to a picture of the gears.   https://www.flickr.c...6/shares/x68216

Wow, allecotec, that's a long time ago :-) (8 jears or so?) Ordered my Comp cams there also (when nobody even knew about these cams) Still use the free allecotec fastener for weigth lifting :-)

Yes. The cams are still brand new in boxes. Bouht from a forum meber that got tired of having them on the shelf collecting dust.

#38 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

Allecotec is a long time ago yeah. I assume this is the Comp 113250 blower set for the L61/Z22SE engine with 1 shorter exhaust cam? (Can you post the grind number etched in the cams?)

Not sure on the MOT levels of these in a 2.0 engine, as they will behave wilder than in a 2.2. You can always use Z22SE cams or the original GM LSJ cams. I got about 280 HP "untuned" with the LSJ's on a further stock 2.0 engine and 3.05 pulley. :happy:

Not sure on the gears, as you don't want to get them loose...  :huh: 

#39 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

Yes. If I rememer correct it is the113250 set. Exhaust cam is shorter. Wii attache link to picture when I am on my computer. I see no issue with the MOT. If there is a problem=> I increase Idle before the MOT-inspection. No problem so far😉 I will anyway need to hide or disconnect the SC during the MOT in Sweden. Any advantage with the adj gears? I wll otherwise sourse fixed.

Edited by Adventure, 11 April 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#40 Adventure

Adventure

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:07 AM

Hi. The Compcams are 113301 and 113302

https://www.flickr.c...6/shares/5TV8PY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users