Looking for some thoughts & advice
I'm suffering an intermittent, mostly zero reporting speedo and I wanted to sound out my thinking before ordering parts etc
- Speedo shows zero most of the time, occasionally flicks up and down
- No ABS warning light. No ABS faults on OPCOM
- Engine is running fine, no stalls as reported on similar posts
- OPCOM reports zero speed too when driving, hence I'm thinking its not the cluster
- If I unplug the pax rear sensor, ABS light comes on. I expect this proves the wiring is ok.
Due to the above, I'm thinking the wiring is fine as the error is thrown as soon as the open circuit is detected, as is the cluster as the ECU is also reporting zero speed.
I'm thinking it has to be the sensor at fault on that basis, so new hub required.
Any thoughts or views on whether my reasoning makes sense? I'm planning to jack the car up next weekend and test the voltage across the sensor to see if it shows anything when the wheel is spun as a further confirmation