does it need programming

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Talk-torque

Talk-torque

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

I’ve been watching this thread with interest as I have the same issue with my version of opcom. I bought it to program new keys, which I could do, but I had seen that it was not giving any options within the ABS module. Cheap Chinese copy problem I guess, or is there a workaround? Anyone recommend a version of opcom that will work on the ABS module? “Reasonably” priced, of course! 😬

Edited by Talk-torque, 05 August 2019 - 10:06 PM.

#22 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

Weird. Can you activate the abs pump at all? This was a feature of note as it allows you to bleed the fluid in the pump.

#23 maq

maq

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

I’ll have a look again tonight, but from memory all I could do was view and reset fault codes

Is your experience on the fully official OPCOM? I will check software versions and see if an update is available

#24 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

That's all you can do with Op-Com with regard to the VX's (original) ABS. That functionality may be available for other models but it definitely isn't for the VX, in my experience.

Unfortunately, putting it in service mode to bleed/flush the fluid is a TECH2 task. Or possibly some fancy Snap-On type of universal diagnosis tool.

#25 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

I have used several variants of OPCOM one of which was a cracked 'full' version.  I suspect lots of google searching will be required.

#26 Talk-torque

Talk-torque

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

Weird. Can you activate the abs pump at all? This was a feature of note as it allows you to bleed the fluid in the pump.

Nope, nothing ABS related is available, when I go into that section. I’ll have another look at it, when I get chance.

I went out on damp roads to buzz the ABS pump, prior to bleeding the system. Hope that does the trick.

#27 maq

maq

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

FLD, any chance you might have a location *ahem* for that version?  :blush:  or anyone else to that matter!

Getting on the google wagon now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users