I recently purchased an loved but little used NA VX from a couple of .org members Nat and MandarinVX here is the old project thread http://www.vx220.org...my-new-project/
They are lovely people who met through the club who cherished the car until life got in the way.
It came without an MOT but with with its fair share of mods and a loads of spares including an SC and Manifold so My plan is:
The plan is to daily drive year round when the weather permits, learn and meet some nice people
Activity so far
- trailer home during the floods (no photo sorry, phone battery ran out)
- buy and connect a cheap OBD reader (I am used to old landrovers so had not used one before!)
- fix misfire through replacement of plugs (went for the ones with three terminals) then replacement coil pack (Euro car parts came in great with the discount - circa £50 (how do you stop these from getting wet?
- replaced perished tyres (toyo t1r from demon tweaks - delivered in under 24hrs)
- Find a replacement EGR cheater - the one on it is toast - where on earth can I buy a replacement?
- Sort the cam timing error code, reading on here it could be a connection or the sensor?
- Fix the heater, its blowing fuses
- Take for an MOT
I am starting to think ahead to the SC setup, It already has some engine mods:
- Piper exhaust system
- Ported head
- GM motorsports Double valve springs
- GM motorsports oversized valves
- Stage 1 cams
- Eagle con rods
With this lot in mind what power should I be aiming for? If i got the right injectors, a charge cooler under the radiator and the OBD tuner software could I go over 250? what else would I need? I presume the pistons would be the limiting factor?