• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#601 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

Well, just thank your lucky stars you don't live in France! Until very recently they had only managed a few hundred jabs, typical French over managing, so you had to have a doctor supervising a nurse or doctor administering the jab, then they said a doctor could oversee four nurses, then the press got hold of it and kicked up a right royal fuss.  I asked my doc last week when and how I could get my jab as I become eligible on 1st Feb, he said 'No idea, we've been told nothing'.  Then two friends told us that a new centre was being set up very close to us and I have now got my first jab on Saturday and the second on 18 Feb.  They have gone from utter shambles to organised in two weeks but there is an enormous amount of catching up to do.

Edited by Madmitch, 21 January 2021 - 07:58 AM.

#602 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Over 100,000 dead. Reading the first few pages of this thread there were some strong opinions being thrown around. What a difference a year makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#603 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:11 PM

Do they do autopsy for CV19 or is something they can just tell by looking ?

Or do they say something like ....CV19 related complications ?

#604 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:46 PM

I think the numbers they it down to CV look like an underestimate when you look at the figure for excess deaths. Its a tragedy and as Neil rightly says the first few pages crikey how green were we? Well I admit I was. Somehow it just didn't seem it would be possible for it to work out as bad as it has done. 

Hopefully this year will see the return to some good times and...holidays! Oh how I've missed having a bit of sun on my back! 

#605 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:31 AM

Over 100,000 dead. Reading the first few pages of this thread there were some strong opinions being thrown around. What a difference a year makes.

600000 had the worst last year of their lives last year, caused by people like you.

People like you have caused the current mess.

I look forward to seeing what your kind fcuk up this year. 

#606 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:46 AM

Lol

#607 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

So some Belgian MEP has accused the UK of wanting a "vaccine war" and a German MP was saying we needed to "think twice" and demanding a trade war with the UK the other day. Okay.

If it makes you feel better because you didn't sign an exclusive geographical manufacturing and supply deal with a manufacturer and contracted things out to the EU who spent an extra three months squabbling over the price and future liabilities. Blame the UK.

Definitely our fault that you've taken longer to approve vaccines too.

If factories in your very own country aren't efficient and can't currently grow the virus quickly enough in the required quantity and as a result are manufacturing vaccines at a slower rate (conveniently forgetting we've been through the same teething problems here and aren't getting vaccines at the rate we expected either). Sure, that's clearly the UK's fault too.

You should definitely demand with menaces that UK vaccine plants should be forced to give you the vaccines you need to cover up for the shortfalls in your current production, despite the UK having much bigger problems with the virus.

Impose export controls on EU manufactured vaccines and claim "national security" and now try to force private companies to surrender their closely guarded and highly valuable intellectual property so that you can pass it on to those pharma companies that weren't up to the job in the first place.

Sh!t, you could even get mutti to have a cosy chat with Putin about how you might be able to work together on vaccine production because we know how the Russians care deeply about IP.

Then tell the world this is an example of how non-cooperative and unhelpful a post-Brexit UK is going to be. Funny how Sweden isn't under fire too given it's and Anglo-Swedish company at the heart of it.

Mate, you, the EU, have parked a battleship off our virus riddled coast and have started shelling us and you accuse us of wanting a war. Prick.

We'll happily send you any excess doses we have from our production lines, if it helps. Though they'll obviously have to go through exactly the same national security export controls as your exports will need to. After all those exact rules are in now on our legal books after adopting EU legislation en-masse on Brexit.

#608 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:28 PM

EU officials clearly screwed this up by firstly delaying signing a contract and then delaying vaccine approval. Now they are having to find who can be blamed for this outside of themselves.

Why, after delaying signing a contract, have they also delayed approval. The cynic in me thinks that they were, in some warped way, secretly hoping that the AZ vaccine wouldn’t work as well because it was developed in the U.K.

In reality the delay will be down to the bureaucracy of the EU committee system, but at least â€œall 27 member states are united” or so we are told!

This just about sums it up, worth watching even if like me, you don’t frequent Fbook

https://fb.watch/3jYb_10VuH/

#609 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

The funny thing is if brexit hadn't happened I wonder what state we would be in now regarding the vaccine. 

#610 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

I think you can take an educated guess based on this.

(Percentage vaccinated countries in Europe. Dark red is second vaccination)

vaccins.png

Edited by smiley, 29 January 2021 - 08:33 PM.

#611 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:32 AM

I never knew what UK was in dutch until now!

#612 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

:D

Spp43T.jpg

#613 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:06 PM

that's fantastic !! :P

#614 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 05:01 PM

Edited by Zoobeef, 04 February 2021 - 05:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users