• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

why do you want to jack from the front corner? jacking from the central point will lift the whole side of the car up easily.

because the jack wont fit anywhere but that bit, when i tried to jack from the center it was going to catch and bend my under tray so think i might have to wait and buy a new jack. were the best place to get a good jack do you know mate that fits perfect.

Costco often have low profile ones if you have an account :)

#42 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

why do you want to jack from the front corner? jacking from the central point will lift the whole side of the car up easily.

because the jack wont fit anywhere but that bit, when i tried to jack from the center it was going to catch and bend my under tray so think i might have to wait and buy a new jack. were the best place to get a good jack do you know mate that fits perfect.

Costco often have low profile ones if you have an account :)

ok cheers mate il have a look when i get some more money.

#43 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

Other option which I have seen used by one clever member ;) which is to buy some chip board and cut it into different lengths and screw together to make a ramp so you can drive the car up to get it high enough to get a normal trolley jack under.

Edited by NickB777, 09 October 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#44 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

Wooohooo. My pikey loft board ramps have fame at last. :D

#45 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

Wooohooo. My pikey loft board ramps have fame at last. :D

Knew he would be along :lol:

get the parts and adapters Matt?

#46 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Yep. rods, pistons and sump adapters are all here, safe and sound. AutoVaux have just delivered all of the other parts and some spares. Only a new head gasket to get now. With this lot in the hallway and what looks like the remains of 3 engines in the garage, it's starting to feel a bit like the engine production line at Kaiserslautern.

#47 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yep. rods, pistons and sump adapters are all here, safe and sound. AutoVaux have just delivered all of the other parts and some spares. Only a new head gasket to get now. With this lot in the hallway and what looks like the remains of 3 engines in the garage, it's starting to feel a bit like the engine production line at Kaiserslautern.

Like this? WOW! :lol:

Posted Image
"Over there is the engine that went wheeeeeeee-bang and over here is the one that went chugga chugga chugga"

Edited by Ouchie, 09 October 2009 - 01:50 PM.

#48 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

"Over there is the engine that went wheeeeeeee-bang and over here is the one that went chugga chugga chugga"

Damn, were you following me on the way back from Silverstone? Sounds remarkably familiar. :lol:

#49 Fagan

Fagan

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

I just drive onto an old bit of wood and jack her up on my £20 argos special!

#50 Star

Star

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

The only place to jack the car from the front is with a long bit of wood to go between where there is a "B" and the other arrow at the front, you will need a low trolley jack though.

ok cheers mate thats the problem i have iv got a low trolly jack that is from work that lifts heavy kit but the way it lifts it comes too much on one side and starts to come in contact width the under tray so need to see if it works on the bit i pointed on the arrow as it only reaches there.

I think I know what you mean. If the face of the jack is too big it might touch the undertrays.
the last mobile-tyre-fitter I had come around, had a thick rubber brick thing that he put between the jack and the car, that seemed to be non-slip and might be useful for you mate.

It might save you buying a new jack.

#51 Fagan

Fagan

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

The only place to jack the car from the front is with a long bit of wood to go between where there is a "B" and the other arrow at the front, you will need a low trolley jack though.

ok cheers mate thats the problem i have iv got a low trolly jack that is from work that lifts heavy kit but the way it lifts it comes too much on one side and starts to come in contact width the under tray so need to see if it works on the bit i pointed on the arrow as it only reaches there.

I think I know what you mean. If the face of the jack is too big it might touch the undertrays.
the last mobile-tyre-fitter I had come around, had a thick rubber brick thing that he put between the jack and the car, that seemed to be non-slip and might be useful for you mate.

It might save you buying a new jack.

I had that problem too. I put a hockey puck ontop of the jacking plate. Works a treat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users