Photo

A Few Words (or Pictures) Of Warning....

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 DJ_SL

DJ_SL

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hi, basic ques I lost a little coolant when replacing the tank. 1) What should I top it up with distilled water or can it be boiled water. 2) how much do i need to get it up 2? where the platic mould line is in the middle with an arrow pointing to it saying COLD? Cheers

#62 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Keeping fit & healthy eating (Taking note of the Chapman theory).

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

1. Tap water distilled water is for batteries.
2. Yes up to the arrow.

E. :)

Edited by Elaine, 21 January 2007 - 02:26 PM.

#63 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Tap water will do but it's best to use de ionised water esspecially if you live in a hard water area as the calcium isn't good for aluminium engines/rads

#64 Evad

Evad

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

Have decided to do mine at the weekend. Checked mine out yesterday and i don;t think it would be too long until the same happened to me. You wait sods law says it decides to fail b4 the weekend now! :beat: btw. the P/N for an NA was 9117436 9117437 was for a turbo so i was told, at vauxhall just now. Cost me £22.50 inc VAT

#65 JawZ

JawZ

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, 3D/2D Gfx, Web design, Sportscars, Electronic Music.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

I replaced mine about 1½ month ago :D

#66 TATONSPEEDY

TATONSPEEDY

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Speedster, VX220, Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige, 340R, Catheram, Motorbikes, Mountain bikes, Computer, Web sites

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:27 AM

My experience (pictures inside)

http://perso.orange....l_expansion.htm

#67 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

you guys always do great write ups with pics etc, dont suppose you could do a english section as well when you do them? :wacko:

#68 TATONSPEEDY

TATONSPEEDY

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Speedster, VX220, Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige, 340R, Catheram, Motorbikes, Mountain bikes, Computer, Web sites

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

you guys always do great write ups with pics etc, dont suppose you could do a english section as well when you do them?

:wacko:

In fact, few months ago, my personnal web site was either in french either in english.

But due to limited space on my FTP from my provider :beat: , I had to choose to let just one language to continue to improve it. Now I use 3 Ftp to run it and it bores me.

But I have to think more to manage translation....but this should help you :

http://translate.goo...Flanguage_tools

In any case, tell me if I can help you for explanations. Normaly pictures make clear.

#69 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

Its been done in the 'useful threads' in the sticky topics Joe thumbsup

#70 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:30 AM

forgot that section was even there :rolleyes:

#71 Amoger

Amoger

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned without going through the whole thread, but got mine done under warranty (with just 4 days of the 3 yrs left!) when I noticed it was looking very cracked. Thought they'd have waited until actual failure to do it, but parts/labour all free.

#72 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

Just got my new coolant tank from Picadors @ £22.15, now off to see if the covers are still available?

#73 TATONSPEEDY

TATONSPEEDY

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

Radical way to solve it too :P

http://perso.orange...._bocal_alu1.htm

#74 lmattys

lmattys

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

My car seems to be losing a full bottles day!!! I doubt that's the tank right? Any ideas where else it might be dropping out?! You can see it dripping through the underside covers when it's sat on the drive...

#75 Ren

Ren

• PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

Front or rear? If it's the front, my guess would be either rad or the bleed nipple on the water hose behind the passenger headlight. If it's the rear then I'm not sure sorry.

#76 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

My car seems to be losing a full bottles day!!! I doubt that's the tank right? Any ideas where else it might be dropping out?! You can see it dripping through the underside covers when it's sat on the drive...

I thought I had a rad problem the amount I was loosing but it turned out to be the water bottle, mine was similar to the pic on the last page and it was actually leaking from the water level sensor area :(

At one point i was loosing most of my tank in a day.

#77 majorsnaggs

majorsnaggs

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

Just got my new coolant tank from Picadors @ £22.15, now off to see if the covers are still available?

Hope there are some left :closedeyes: My tank is all yellow and cracked, better get one ordered ASAP :(

#78 VXTyrant

VXTyrant

Red Rules!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

So where is the best place to purchase the replacement as I am going to need one very soon? I'm assuming Vauxhall can get a hold of them? If so does anyone have a price and part No.? Cheers EDIT: Just scrolled up an saw Evad's post :P

Edited by VXTyrant, 25 February 2009 - 12:41 PM.

#79 majorsnaggs

majorsnaggs

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

So where is the best place to purchase the replacement as I am going to need one very soon?

I'm assuming Vauxhall can get a hold of them? If so does anyone have a price and part No.?

Cheers

Part number for NA - 9117436 for VXT - 9117437 , I pulled the nimbers this thread..... Imnotworthy

#80 VXTyrant

VXTyrant

Red Rules!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Got mine ordered from my local Vauxhall dealer yesterday for a smidgen over £23 inc VAT. Should be in tomorrow morning :happy: Reckon im gonna need to buy a little coolant to top it up too but at only £3.40/litre + VAT you can't really go wrong. Then im gonna order one of those UV protectors so this is a one-off purchase! Afterall, prevention is better than cure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users