What Gets On Your Tits?

• Please log in to reply
8076 replies to this topic

#7581 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Abled bodied. White. British. Working or middle class. Male. Actually work for a living and usually hard and with long hours.  Pay all your taxes. Claim nothing. Generally being a quiet, just getting on with it, good citizen.

The most hated and vilified group in the UK.

But then, like everyone else, I am obviously biased to what ever little designation, nomenclature, group or label the rest of society wants to put on me.

What really got on tits. This. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...national-anthem

If you have a problem with our past, that none of us alive had anything to do with then just fook off and go live anywhere else where you feel better off / more welcomed.  The UK is currently one of the most tolerant places in the world to live. One of the safest. And one that has a superb safety net of welfare and health care.  Is it perfect. No. But is it good. Yes.  Sick of people talking the UK down and complaining about stuff like this. I mean, do I spit on a Scandinavian countries flag because years ago their vikings came over here raping, pilaging, killing and screaming -basically living the GTA high life?  No I don't.  Do I expect every Scandinavian I meet to apologise for that Brutish behaviour? No.  What about the Romans? Do we hold Italy and the Italians to account? How about the French who succeeded or the Spanish and Germans who failed every time. Do we hold them to account?  No.

So why do people insist on holding our country to account hundreds of years later.  Enough.....!  

God I do love a good rant.....

I agree and don't agree here.

I also rolled my eyes a bit here when I see this video pop up on my facebook. I don't know if the chap has really investigated the racial divisions and tensions which exist in the states. They are miles worse than what it is like here. There are many alive who remember segregation there and there are some who have not so long died who were alive when they had a civil war over the subject. It's raw and it needs addressing. The thick, orange, racist, sex pest they went and elected is not helping.

That however is not to say there are not issues here the UK, there simply are. We have white priviledge. Just ask yourself if you would swap your life to be a black person. Even a rich one. Think it over a while, take your time.

As for the national anthem, I didn't know it had racial in terms of colour elements in it. Every day is a school day. I've known about the verse on Marshall Wade crushing rebellious Scots though. That's always been enough for me never to have sung it....

Yes lots of things are in the past for various nations but it's never too late to address them or address our skewed view of history delivered by the streams we are confused into trusting.

Have a listen to Shashi Tharoor to hear the realities of the British Empire for starters, read about Churchill starving indians or wanting to gas the kurds or sending the army to George Sq, Glasgow or against the dockers in Liverpool or the miners in South Wales.

We used to laugh at how Japanese children were never taught the bad of their history. What makes you think the UK has been any different?

#7582 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

I'm not saying we (as in the nation) are squeaky clean and have a whiter than white past. Not saying that at all. I mean, talking about Churchill and WW2 you forgot to mention how we sent thousands of Polish who had fought for for us in the Polish free army and airforce back to Poland knowing that the Russians would, and they did, slaughter them!

As for the national anthem and general wade and the Scots, well, best not to talk about flower of scotland then!  The only verse of the UK anthem that ever gets sung is the first verse anyway.

When you see address things in the past what do you mean? If you mean talk openly about them and accept that in the current climate and state they would and should not happen again, then fine.  If you want us to express regret for what happened, then I suppose OK.  But that's it. It was in the past and the rules were different then to know and we cannot change it. What we can do is to ensure that going forwards we have a fairer society and equal status for all.

We can live in the past and carry the chips of injustice on our shoulders through our lives. Or, we can study the past, learn from the mistakes and take the lessons and progressively move forwards to a fairer state and society.  Living in Scotland the biggest issue with most Nats is that they just carp on about the past and forget that they actually prospered as a nation in the union.  It's an unmentionable for them.

I'm proud to be british. I'm proud of what britain stands for today. I wouldn't have an issue being black in britain today and many of my friends and acquaintances who are have no issue with it.  I'd rather be black in the UK than a Christian in the middle east or parts of Asia for instance!

We should all know about the past. But we shouldn't spend our lives living in it or being bitter about. Our time is too precious for that.

#7583 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

People seem to forget white people were slaves too, hell even today we have Eurpoean whites being sex slaves, i dont see any of us lot feeling persecuted because of it.

Sorry to raise issue but i think the above quote of "fairer society and equal status" is where the whole problem lies, life isnt equal or fair, it will never be and that is coming from someone who is

fairly low on the food chain so to speak.

#7584 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'm not saying we (as in the nation) are squeaky clean and have a whiter than white past. Not saying that at all. I mean, talking about Churchill and WW2 you forgot to mention how we sent thousands of Polish who had fought for for us in the Polish free army and airforce back to Poland knowing that the Russians would, and they did, slaughter them!

As for the national anthem and general wade and the Scots, well, best not to talk about flower of scotland then!  The only verse of the UK anthem that ever gets sung is the first verse anyway.

When you see address things in the past what do you mean? If you mean talk openly about them and accept that in the current climate and state they would and should not happen again, then fine.  If you want us to express regret for what happened, then I suppose OK.  But that's it. It was in the past and the rules were different then to know and we cannot change it. What we can do is to ensure that going forwards we have a fairer society and equal status for all.

We can live in the past and carry the chips of injustice on our shoulders through our lives. Or, we can study the past, learn from the mistakes and take the lessons and progressively move forwards to a fairer state and society.  Living in Scotland the biggest issue with most Nats is that they just carp on about the past and forget that they actually prospered as a nation in the union.  It's an unmentionable for them.

I'm proud to be british. I'm proud of what britain stands for today. I wouldn't have an issue being black in britain today and many of my friends and acquaintances who are have no issue with it.  I'd rather be black in the UK than a Christian in the middle east or parts of Asia for instance!

We should all know about the past. But we shouldn't spend our lives living in it or being bitter about. Our time is too precious for that.

Nobody expects English people to sing Flower of Scotland. I'd understand if an Englishman to exception to it and be happy to discuss the history. I wouldn't expect him to sing it though..which is the difference in that GSTQ is sold as a UK anthem which actually rejoices persecution of a part of it then expects that part to still sing along..em...nah. Its a kind of clear difference in the two. Flower Of Scotland in my opinion is dirge and a fairly dull. There are better songs. Flower of Scotland also talks about repelling an invader. GSTQ celebrates the army crushing people in their own country.

As a Fifer I'm aware of what the poles did here. The built most of the defences on the coastline around Fife which are still there and their parachute regiment was formed near where I was brought up at Largo House. Sending them back was a sin.

Addressing is a discussion and an honesty. Nobody is asking to live there, except maybe the odd brexiter.

Nobody is spending their lives being bitter about anything. What is asked is to spend 10 minutes to look into it and maybe people will understand the world a bit better.

Can you point to nats "carping on about the past"? The civic nationalist movement in Scotland is about creating a better future and self governence.

Britain prospered by pummeling other countries for resources and firing them through factories here as British produce. they didn't do anything as a state to help anyone. The built railway lines to get their resources to ports not to help the indians. This is kind of the whole point of the skewing of that history. Where do you think Dundee's jute wealth came from? The tobacco and slave money in Glasgow?

Nobody is spending their lives being bitter about anything. What is asked is to spend 10 minutes to look into it and maybe people will understand the world a bit better.

#7585 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

Compensation for people who got stuff on HP from Brighthouse when they couldn't afford to do so?... What the actual fcuk?

#7586 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Compensation for people who got stuff on HP from Brighthouse when they couldn't afford to do so?... What the actual fcuk?

^This!

#7587 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

The TV advert for Brighthouse, no mattress in the garden, no scarred staffy, no kids in dirty nappies smoking a bong, not even a fkin shellsuit!!  Who are marketing people trying to kid?

#7588 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

Too long on the 'phone/internet sorting out car insurance   Renewal cost was £75 more than last year and double what I ended with. When I finally cancelled/declined the renewal they were quite upset I didn't 'negotiate' the price down!   Fuckers then asked me to log into a non existent account to confirm the cancellation  :rolleyes:

#7589 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

The managed motorway that opened on the m5 in the midlands relatively recently. Driver behaviour changed noticeably. Now you have 4 lanes of traffic all doing 70, constantly undertaking, overtaking and changing lanes and loads of fcukwits just sitting in overtaking lanes. Was that the intention I wonder?

#7590 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

People in busy city centres who cross the road diagonally, thus causing chaos among the folks coming the other way.

The A12 also gets right up my chuff. One drop of rain and it resembles a demolition derby. 3 hours from Chelmsford to Colchester on Friday. 

Plus it has that badly sign posted roundabout at Colchester that sends you all the way (with no escape roads or turn points) to fsking Clacton if you take the wrong exit on the roundabout.

#7591 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Swiss trains. It's a myth they're reliable.

#7592 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Wait until you experience London Midland - Cross city line.

#7593 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Yes, I know it's all relative, but I had to change trains at Luzern last night and my train was 7 minutes late, so I got to the connecting train just as it started to pull away. Why couldn't they hold it 1 minute at the end of the day when there's no impact? Had to wait 75 minutes for the next one.

Then next monrning, my train was 12 minutes late due to a technical fault (driver probably overslept) and I'm screwed again.

Edited by KurtVerbose, 14 December 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#7594 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Yes, I know it's all relative, but I had to change trains at Luzern last night and my train was 7 minutes late, so I got to the connecting train just as it started to pull away. Why couldn't they hold it 1 minute at the end of the day when there's no impact? Had to wait 75 minutes for the next one.

Then next monrning, my train was 12 minutes late due to a technical fault (driver probably overslept) and I'm screwed again.

My trains are delayed tonight as there are no available drivers.

The evening rush is always such a surprise.

B&stards

#7595 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

People in airport waiting areas who 'reserve' the seat next to them for some absent person while all around them people (including elderly and infirm) are having to stand. Last time I was at an airport a disabled woman asked a woman 'reserving' such a seat if she could sit down and the woman refused. Standing there witnessing this I said "You can obviously see that this lady is disabled and needs a seat. The very least you can do is to have the common decency to allow her to sit down. Do you own that seat? Have you paid to reserve it? The offending woman went red in the face and moved her bag.

#7596 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

Cackling women in a restaurant.

#7597 moospeed

moospeed

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

...most women...

Edited.

#7598 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

People in airport waiting areas who 'reserve' the seat next to them for some absent person while all around them people (including elderly and infirm) are having to stand. Last time I was at an airport a disabled woman asked a woman 'reserving' such a seat if she could sit down and the woman refused. Standing there witnessing this I said "You can obviously see that this lady is disabled and needs a seat. The very least you can do is to have the common decency to allow her to sit down. Do you own that seat? Have you paid to reserve it? The offending woman went red in the face and moved her bag.

Selfish thoughtless people as usual. :(

Good one by you. :)

Edited by Nev, 18 December 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#7599 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

The use of double negatives.

Actually - it's sometimes multiple negatives.

'I ain't not never heard nafffing like that, not never'.

Edited by KurtVerbose, 28 December 2017 - 05:01 PM.

#7600 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

Jeans shopping and trying to find the right size. Just put them in bleedin waist and leg length order! And make it simple to see the friggin sizes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users