• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 200+ cup

200+ cup

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

You seem to be an expert cup, fancy giving me a hand :D

if you pop down from sunny essex to ipswich mate i dont mind atall, bring the stella :P

#22 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

Wonder wheels on the ... wheels ;)

And

Posted Image

On the tyres.

#23 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:37 AM

1hr 9mins drive, may take you up on it still. would want to do the full works on it though. you going to the national on saturday? good chance to have a good look over the vx's :D think ill have to get a big supply of the meguiars stuff. looks like there the buisiness

#24 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:14 AM

I'm a big fan of a good clay-bar every 6 months, you can even feel the difference with your fingers. I use swissol which is much the same process, there is extra 'cleaner fluid' which you have to use to remove swirl marks.

You can tell when you've been swissol'd :)

Posted Image

Ben

#25 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:57 AM

very nice ben, deffo think claying is the way to go... im off tomoz until sunday night, think i may have a go. :D

#26 200+ cup

200+ cup

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:34 AM

not only does it look good but it smells good enough to eat :drink:

#27 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

not only does it look good but it smells good enough to eat :drink:

Works well in a sandwich

#28 ronaldo

ronaldo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

Try here clicky, cheaper postage if you're buying a couple of things

#29 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

right, quick write up and reveiw. As i had the day off and 200+ offered to give a hand i thought i would take him up on it. bought the quik clay/nxt tech wax and super terry (cloth) all very easy stuff to use and what a finish it leaves Im well chuffed. Hat off to nev (200+), top bloke. heres some pics

#30 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

Attached Files

Edited by rubber, 29 September 2005 - 08:13 PM.

#31 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:39 PM

Attached Files

Edited by rubber, 29 September 2005 - 08:14 PM.

#32 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:40 PM

Attached Files

Edited by rubber, 29 September 2005 - 08:14 PM.

#33 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

4... last one

Attached Files

Edited by rubber, 29 September 2005 - 08:15 PM.

#34 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

I'm not really a 'polish yer car' type but I did go and get myself some Quik Clay yesterday. The guy on the till in Halfrauds even bestowed it's virtues as he was ringing it up on the till. Does the NXT wax really get rid of the surface swirl marks? I've always sworn by AutoGlym and I'm very happy with it but I still have slight polish/swirl marks. I'm sceptical about whether anything can really improve it?

#35 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:55 PM

i got just under half a bottle of the quik clay spray stuff left. (can buy the spray seperatly) should last for months. you can really FEEL the difference, touch the bit you done then the bit you havent. smooth as glass. you could try scratch x, aint tryed it myself but if all the meguiars stuff is this good ill be spending LOADS wash car first, dry, spray/clay (ONE BIT AT A TIME,dont let the spray dry), buff in the nxt wax all over with the pad supplied. leave for a while, rub off with a towel. stand back and admire your not so hard work. it really pays off and aint as hard as first thought. i found waxing the car nearly killed me before, but with this stuff it was easy. Joe

#36 200+ cup

200+ cup

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

thumbsup glad ya chuffed mate, ;) dont use x scratch for swerls its more for fine scratches, its more like a compound,

#37 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

i got just under half a bottle of the quik clay spray stuff left. (can buy the spray seperatly) should last for months.

you can really FEEL the difference, touch the bit you done then the bit you havent. smooth as glass.

you could try scratch x, aint tryed it myself but if all the meguiars stuff is this good ill be spending LOADS

wash car first, dry, spray/clay (ONE BIT AT A TIME,dont let the spray dry), buff in the nxt wax all over with the pad supplied. leave for a while, rub off with a towel.

stand back and admire your not so hard work. it really pays off and aint as hard as first thought.

i found waxing the car nearly killed me before, but with this stuff it was easy.

Joe

dont use the detailing spray with the clay..... just as well use a soapy spray bottle. keep the quick detailer for other times to top up the shine

#38 200+ cup

200+ cup

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

if you read up about the detailer it actuly lifts the sh*t from your pain for the clay to do the rest of the work, it prepairs the surface.

#39 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:36 PM

it does indeed but at a tenner a bottle and only a few whole cars in there (at a push) i suaght some advise from the Meguires forum and lots of detailers on there use a soapy water spray bottle. i've used both and find the soapy spray bottle to be easily as effective. as long as the Clay and the surface aint dry the clay will work its magic. the detail wax i leave for topping up the shine.

#40 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Well, after tour of numerous Hellfrauds, I manager to find a tatty box of Quik Clay. I must admit I felt a bit of a pratt rubbing silly putty over my car car. :gayfight: But.............my car is now the smoothest of smooth things there ever has been. It works wonders. Do you guys polish after the Quik Clay? Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users