• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:35 AM

BS standards are being superceded by EU standards, pretty soon there will be no BS type A and B stickers, just EU, so either the powers that be will have to change there rulings or nobody will be out racing! Found this if it helps! Helmet Guide Effective from 1st July 200o, helmets meeting the new United Nations ECE Regulation 22.05 standard became legal for sale, in addition to those meeting BS 6658. The Detail British Standard BS 6658 Helmets to this standard have two performance levels "A" and "B". the "A" standard demands a higher performance from the helmet. Helmets to both BS 6658 "A" and "B" continue to be legal for sale. United Nations ECE Regulation 22.05 The 05 series of amendments to ECE Regulation 22 has created a performance level that is equal to or superior to that of BS 6658, and the sale of helmets to this standard was therefore permitted in the Motorcycle (Protective Helmets Regulations) 2000 effective from 30th June Eye Protection Legal for Sale Visor for BSI Helmets These must be marked as complying with BS4110a nd the BSI "kite mark" of their quality assurance scheme. Visors for ECE 22.05 Helmets These must be marked as complying with ECE R22.05 including the approal, marking the conformity of production requirements.

#22 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:38 AM

Decided to play it safe & purchased one from FM helmets which had type A approval & ACU gold approval at £69 (reduced from £139). Hopefully it'll be OK for a few years

#23 Huntsman

Huntsman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Cars, Skiing, Squash, Motorbikes, Rabbits - all that kind of stuff.

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:56 PM

Paul, Make sure it has the blue sticker on it :ph34r: . I've been calling around a number of bike shops/internet suppliers and found that a lot of suppliers are counting both standards as the same seeing that ECE22.05 has superceded BS6658A. They told me this after they'd stopped laughing at how ridiculous the MSA stance is, which doesn't recognise the year-old ECE standard. (I called the MSA safety department to check that this is the case and, amazingly, it's true! :blink: ) Anyway, being a medium like all the rest of the world, I'm finding it very difficult to locate a reasonably-priced lid with the requisite stickers on(granted, FM's don't seem to fit me, so I didn't call them). Think I may have found a small number of old-stock HJC's around the £80-£90 mark though, so I'll post the details if there are any more left. Who ever though that buying a piece of plastic could be such fun..... 12 days to go..... (Poop Poop :jump: )

#24 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:30 PM

this looks like a good buy: http://www.demon-twe...007&CODE=SPA358

and this if you want full face and fire resistant: http://www.demon-twe...CODE=T/TCLUBFR1

#25 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:00 PM

this looks like a good buy: http://www.demon-twe...007&CODE=SPA358

Gawd what a nightmare! I'd been looking at the £55 Club too in their catalogue. Not sure if this includes the visor. There's also a Jet Axis with blue sticker and BS6558A and MSA approved at £49.12. Again, not sure about a visor.

#26 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 07:35 AM

Just bought a new hemlet from Demon Tweeks, its a Open face Stilo Helmet, £145. This helmet is fine for any trackday. Talking of trackdays, I am going to the Evoactive trackday on the 30th August at Cadwell park, any other VXs going?, if so get in touch. Gavin

#27 Huntsman

Huntsman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Cars, Skiing, Squash, Motorbikes, Rabbits - all that kind of stuff.

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:23 PM

Now lidded up :ph34r: . Type A, ACU Gold sticker HJC full face @ £89 from Hein Gericke. Really strange sizes, though - FM don't fit widthwise, I'm a medium AGV, a small Takai and an XL HJC :blink: Never mind - I should pass scrutineering for the next few years.... 11 days to go! (Poop Poop :jump: )

#28 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:59 AM

Paul,

Make sure it has the blue sticker on it :ph34r: .

It arrived yesterday complete with Blue type A sticker and Gold ACU sticker.

#29 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:00 AM

Paul,

Make sure it has the blue sticker on it :ph34r: .

It arrived yesterday complete with Blue type A sticker and Gold ACU sticker.

#30 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:18 AM

Collecting mine on Tuesday evening. Does anyone else still need one? I may be able to borrow one or two others, on sale or return type thing. I'll need to know sizes thought, in CM.

#31 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:54 PM

managed to get a lid today too. got a yellow fm, type A, blue sticker from a local bike shop. when i talked to him on the phone - he suggested the nitro which i think was about £55.00, so off i went. get's there and they have it in a red that is almost rabiata perfect. i'll take one. turn it around no blue sticker. oops no blue sticker? no new stock comes with the blue sticker, he tells me. i was gutted. i can check the back for old stock if you like - hence the fm helmet i bought. should have been over £100. got it for £50. pretty happy with it - will post a couple of pics later....

#32 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 04:06 PM

the lid is an fm endor - same as (it would appear from their website) the one paulcp picked up for £70? not like me to find a bargain :D

#33 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:14 PM

the lid is an fm endor - same as (it would appear from their website)  the one paulcp picked up for £70?

not like me to find a bargain :D

Skiddo,

Presume this is a full-face thingy? Where from? Can't be bad for £50.

Looks like I'm going to have to track one down to try on.

cheers

#34 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:56 PM

vix it is this only in yellow... http://www.fmhelmets...ndor/endor.html

he has a stock of older pre - EU regulation lids... what size are you, ill give him a bell and see what he has if you like?

i measured my head as the the site instructed, i'm just under 60cm which made me a medium and it fits really nice and snug.

or you could ring them yourself if you like. it's speedwell motor cycles 0161 723 4774. they are in radcliffe, manchester.

if he has what you are looking for i suppose you could pay for it (over the phone? or by post) and i could collect it and bring it down with me?

let me know if you need me to sort anything for you.

#35 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:17 PM

skiddo, Many thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to have to try some lids on. At palmersport I was very definitely large (as it were :o ) but according to the measurements I'm only a medium. I'll let you know but will try not to load you up. cheers

#36 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:24 PM

a couple of pics...

Attached Images

• IMG_0096.jpg

#37 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:25 PM

the oh so controversial stickers... doh!

Edited by skiddo, 21 August 2003 - 06:25 PM.

#38 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:26 PM

Attached Images

• IMG_0097.jpg

#39 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:28 PM

no worries vix - holler if i can be of any assistance.

#40 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 07:52 AM

Thought mine was a good buy Skiddo but looks like you found one better. Like the colour too, blends in wonderfully with my "buzzin hornet" Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users