• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

I didn't know that the MOT required a test drive, can't see what would need checking on a service that would require a test drive apart from maybe brakes. And if a Vauxhall mechanic could tell the geo was out I'd eat my pants. :rolleyes:

#82 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:39 PM

:o :( Hope all is sorted to your satisfaction Sean. That was a lovely car, I know you were selling it but you still loved it and wanted it to go to a good home.

#83 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:06 AM

Only one word to say B*stardsB*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stardsB*stards B*stards B*stards only one word to describe theses twats

Edited by tja, 21 February 2006 - 12:31 AM.

#84 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

And if a Vauxhall mechanic could tell the geo was out I'd eat my pants. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt wish your underwear on my worst enemy :rolleyes:

BUT,

you have to appreciate that not all vx owners are on here, and maybe some vx owners dont know thier arse from elbow

from a vaux point of view, maybe a trained techie might just know (after driving many vx220) more than a one owner that just bought the car to pose in ;)

edit: VXJON...edit some line break in that post mate....I think I just travelled to wales scrolling that much sideways :rolleyes:

Edited by jules_s, 21 February 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#85 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

True Jules. Bletch I hope you get everything sorted quickly and fairly. Good luck with it all. thumbsup

#86 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:12 AM

I have never known an MOT need a test drive! I always used to sit with my VX through the MOT and then offer the MOT tester a 'spin' afterwards (with me driving ;) )... but they always refused. The MOT testers are not allowed to take any 'potential' bribes to get a car through the test.... At least that was what I was told...... Bletch - terrible luck ... hope this gets resolved ASAP and also to your satisfaction!! You obviously respect and trust the dealership not to name and shame! No doubt their internal procedures will tighten up! :( :( :( Mike

#87 AndyB

AndyB

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy video editing, so am thinking about doing wedding DVD's. I'm also a second degree Reiki practitioner. Apart from that, my family and driving my VX.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:13 AM

Sorry to hear it. Makes you wonder exactly how he was driving your car. I sometimes think that some garages / mechanics have no discregard to customers cards / engines.... as it's not there own :beat:

#88 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:20 AM

Where are the mods when you need them? TT :poke:

#89 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:32 AM

Where are the mods when you need them?

TT  :poke:

Don't worry, I've fixed it :D

#90 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

These people sorted me out when my M5 was reversed into.

I ended up with a nearly new BMW 645Ci B)

#91 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

sorry jules got a bit carried away

#92 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:55 AM

Gutted for you Sean, hope you get the money sorted out from their insurance, including your 10k premium for what you spent on the car! John.

#93 Raz

Raz

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

And if a Vauxhall mechanic could tell the geo was out I'd eat my pants. :rolleyes:

How so?

Im a Vxl technician and i drive a vx turbo.

When i get vx's in to work on, they get a road test 'before' a service that way every fault gets noted down.

Theres no need to thrash the car or see how it handles etc as a short slow run round the block is enough to pick up any faults.
And yes, id know if the geo was out.

Spose the difference is that i see vx's all the time, own and drive one, so therefore they get treated with the upmost respect.

but then so does a 1.0 corsa!?!

#94 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:30 AM

Spose the difference is that i see vx's all the time, own and drive one, so therefore they get treated with the upmost respect.

but then so does a 1.0 corsa!?!

That is very refreshing to read, and the last bit speaks volumes. thumbsup

Top man. thumbsup

#95 mal_dun

mal_dun

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Interests:VX220, narrowboating, golf

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:30 AM

Very sorry to hear about this bletch. What did you do to anger the Gods? The only time I'd expect my car to be driven by the dealer is if it has to be moved to another site (recent MOT), or steering or brakes been worked on. Plat very merry hell with them. I did when I caught a mechanic taking his GF home in my Scirroco some years ago. They tried the test drive cr*p but as it was in for a new head they couldn't justify it. I got a couple of gallons of petrol as an apology.

#96 simstim

simstim

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:14 AM

For some reason I was lying in bed thinking about this. I wonder if we are all jumping to conclusions.

Fact is accidents happen - we've all read "I lost the back end at 20mph in 5th" posts. If they were negligent then they need to admit and rectify, but we dont know that yet. As it stands the fact is they have crashed and written off your VXR, and its achademic how, its how they deal with the resolution that matters.

The question you have to ask yourself is "What do I reasonably want out of this" - the dealer should be fully insured and there should also be some goodwill gesture towards you.

Speculating about the cause will only make you angry.

oh, and just to clear up, this isnt true, thats what insurance for:

If it was me, I would treat it along the lines of picking up something in a shop and then dropping it. You would be expected to pay the marked price for it.

the signs you see in shops arent legally binding.

#97 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:26 AM

Quick someone find out where Raz works. I think his dealership will be busier than it used to!

#98 Raz

Raz

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:03 AM

Lmao :D It winds me up to hear of other vxl dealerships that treat vx's and their owners badly. I make a point of chatting to every vx owner, that way, they know exactly what has been done to their pride and joy. To the extent now that a vx owner resheduled his booking so i can soley work on his car! It doesnt cost any extra to go the extra mile with customer relations, and i think its one of the most important things, when you drop a vx in for a service, you NEED the trust so that you know the car is going to come back to you better than it was. I think for most customers, its also reassuring that the tech who is working on their vx, is also an owner and therefore has no need to test the car to within an inch of its life, as i can do that with my own?!? In a nutshell its all about respect, and once that is lost, theres no going back. Although i dont think ill get much of it when i get back to work as this is my second day off with food poisoning! Hey hoo, toilet again!!! :sick:

#99 s1oww

s1oww

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

Only just had time to read all of this. That is so bad Sean, feel gutted for you, but it does solve one of my probelms :). I have been trying to stop myself buying your car for ages, at least the option is no longer available :)

#100 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

One of the reasons I go to PLANS. They test drive the car on the tracj and there is nothing to spin into!!

Plus the guys know what they are doing!!!

That's not true, trust me there ARE things to spin into! :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users