Service & Repair Manuals

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#81 DanDare

DanDare

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:VX220, ,VX220, VX220,Running, music and sport.<br>Hell! anything that's more fun than staying indoors and watching telly.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

OK any chance of a disc pleeeeeeeeease! I can copy some too!!!

#82 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:38 PM

Look you don't need to use these discs once loaded so rather than copying just send them on. Your only going to need them if you have a problem with your computer.

duke, i have your disc here - wanna pm your address for me to post to?

skiddz

#83 dude

dude

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:52 PM

if there is anybody in scandinavia who want´s a copy just send me a pm. big thanks to jneill :groupjump: i got my discs today cheers

#84 HiHo

HiHo

• PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:07 AM

I've just tried a copy of the discs that came, I think, from e-bay. (yours mick) They installed OK, pretty applications screen and all, but the only access I could get was to the Newsletter section - not a lot of use. All the other stuff required a "hardware key". The instructions also mentioned a network card or loopback adapter, even for standalone operation. I tried both TIS and Admin access. Also, it didn't recognise my VIN. (Did I buy a ringer?!!!) The question is - Has anyone made these discs work properly in standalone mode? If so, what did you need apart from the discs? Sorry to appear thick, but no-one has commented, like "Wow, TIS is the best thing since sliced bread!" Just an early "Indexing is crap...". What's your views folks?

#85 HiHo

HiHo

• PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:13 AM

I'm in the middle of pulling all of the VX information out of the crappy bloody TIS system and dumping it into Acrobat PDF files so even the Mac brigade should be able to read it!!!

As soon as it's done I'll pass it on to Thorney or whoever for distribution!!!

JonP - Did you get anywhere with this project? It seems like a labour of love to me, but I'm sure there's people around who would pay, even as a donation to club funds!

What's the news?

#86 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:57 AM

I've just tried a copy of the discs that came, I think, from e-bay. (yours mick)
They installed OK, pretty applications screen and all, but the only access I could get was to the Newsletter section - not a lot of use.

HIHO, when you launch TIS 2000 it asks you for a Username and Password. The username is TIS, the password is left blank.

Then you should be able to click on the Service Information icon, and Bob's your proverbial...

#87 JonP

JonP

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

Sorry not got any further - I keep letting litle things like "work" get in the way of me doing interesting stuff (or even not too interesting stuff). Will have to get back to doing this. Jon

#88 Joss

Joss

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:58 PM

Skiddo, Thanks for CDs, now installed, working fine (if a crap interface). Bit disappointed its only for the NA though. Anyone getting anywhere with turbo update? Those of you who have got it, look up Field Remedy 1423. Scary. :blink: And who wants copies from me? PM your address. Joss

Edited by Joss, 27 January 2004 - 02:00 PM.

#89 rmaurer

rmaurer

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 02:13 PM

I received my copy last night, cheers Jase. I'm happy to make a few copies and pass them on - PM me with your address if you want one. Ross

#90 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:02 PM

Those of you who have got it, look up Field Remedy 1423. Scary. 

What the hell is a Marten Bite Attack? :blink:

#91 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:11 PM

> woof woof <

and > more <

Seems to be a German problem... :blink:

Edited by jneill, 27 January 2004 - 03:13 PM.

#92 Joss

Joss

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:11 PM

Very painful I should think. :o :o

#93 HiHo

HiHo

• PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:08 PM

I've just tried a copy of the discs that came, I think, from e-bay. (yours mick)
They installed OK, pretty applications screen and all, but the only access I could get was to the Newsletter section - not a lot of use.

HIHO, when you launch TIS 2000 it asks you for a Username and Password. The username is TIS, the password is left blank.

Then you should be able to click on the Service Information icon, and Bob's your proverbial...

Yep, did that! That's where it fell over! Sounds as though your copy has been cleaned up for "public" consumption.

Never mind. I'll try P11COV's copy when it arrives.

A Marten is a little furry animal, like a Ferret. Lives in pine woods in Scotland and, probably, central europe. Solution: don't park your speedies in the woods? :unsure:

Edited by HiHo, 27 January 2004 - 04:09 PM.

#94 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:22 AM

I'm in the middle of pulling all of the VX information out of the crappy bloody TIS system and dumping it into Acrobat PDF files so even the Mac brigade should be able to read it!!!

As soon as it's done I'll pass it on to Thorney or whoever for distribution!!!

JonP - Did you get anywhere with this project? It seems like a labour of love to me, but I'm sure there's people around who would pay, even as a donation to club funds!

What's the news?

Mike Fuller did this already and I have a pdf copy. Is Mike still on here? I know a few people have a copy of this.

I know Mike put a lot of effort into this and I'd like to track him down before giving it out without his permission.

#95 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:29 AM

I just did a quick search on Mike's activity and he hasn't posted since last summer. I also found this post HERE that shows he is happy for distribution of this (rather large) file.

It's 3MB so if you mail server can stomach it drop me a PM and I'll email it to you straight away B)

#96 Jay

Jay

• Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:n

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:01 PM

Received my TIS copy this morning from rmaurer, thank you! I'm able to make some copies and post them on. PM me with your address if you require a copy. Jay.

#97 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 03:05 PM

Right I know I'm crap with all things computer related, but can some one tell me what use this thing is. I can't find anything of any use to 'make a fix' at home. If there is a 'manual' within this thing can someone tell me where to look please. Ian

#98 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 30 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

fcuk it mate. you have two perfect coffee cup table mats there, what more can a man ask for? prolly best we leave it at that, eh?

#99 nonterraquous

nonterraquous

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

I received my copy from P11COV ( cheers mate) but I get as far as clicking on the Service Information icon and then I get a series of error messages. I'm fairly sure its just finger trouble here and I'm happy enough with the pdf file iandhd ( cheers mate) sent me so I dont need it to get it working. If anyone wants a copy, drop me a PM. Regards, Scott.

#100 Lambo

Lambo

• PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Mountain biking<br>Drinking<br>Reading<br>Scuba Diving<br>Cars and motorsport

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:07 AM

Just received my disks from Jay. Much appreciated. In the spirit of sharing the wealth (or software) pm me if you'd like a copy. Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users