• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#1 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

Hi, Called Vauxhall Recall centre today on 0118 945 8500 to double check all recalls had been carried out (they had been 18 months ago when I last checked) Woman was very pleasant and helpfull and informed of two outstanding recalls: Rear Alloy Road Wheel Vacuum Hose Both these topics have been discussed as potential failure points but no solutions given - My apologies if this issue has already been raised. These are relatively new recalls and involve: replacement of the rear NA alloys due to the risk of them breaking or shearing at the centre (inner parts of the spokes) And the vacuum hose on the breaking system. I'm not sure if the vacuum hose will be for turbos too, presumably it will :unsure: The first thing she did when I gave her my reg number was read back my name and address - So I asked why they had not sent a letter informing me - she said it must be an isolated clerical error - So has ANYONE else recieved a letter about these recalls :o Didn't want to get arsey - she seemed so nice :rolleyes: This is going to cost vauxhall a fortune - must be £200 basic cost for them two replace two alloys (parts and labour) if all NA's need doing they could be looking at half a million quid :o . Kind of explains the lack of a recall letter doesn't it :angry: Adam

#2 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

did you get any reference number for those?? Esp the vacumn hose...

#3 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

Have you got reference numbers for the recalls?

#4 Ferguson

Ferguson

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

Received a letter in Switzerland for the vacuum hose, and a prompt appointment, but my car's new enough not to be affected by the alloy wheel problem.

#5 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• 12,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

Doh - sorry didn't ask for a ref number But then neither did my local dealership when I booked it in, so you should be OK without PS I get first dibs on any rear alloys that happen to be in the country :P - I'm supposed to be getting them sprayed next Thursday, thats why I called the helpline just to double check :blink:

#6 richyroff

richyroff

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:05 PM

Excuse the numpty question, but will all recall issues be fixed by Vaux free of charge, or is it only covered on cars still in warranty? I have an early 2001 na so guess both issues concern me?

#7 RWinstanley

RWinstanley

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

So what's the deal with recalls you just book an appointment at a dealers and they do it free? and hope they don't damage anything in the process. edit beaten to it!

Edited by RWinstanley, 26 July 2006 - 12:07 PM.

#8 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

im just about to call my dealer now to get it booked in lets see how it goes !!

#9 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• 12,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

Yep, she confirmed both would be done completely free of charge - just got to try and wangle a courtesy car now :) - although they use those tiny chevrolet things so I might just walk it :D So can anyone confirm if the vacuum hose affects turbos :blink:

#10 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

well just called my dealer and they said they cant work on vx's !!!! ffs the recall line said they could !!!!

#11 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:24 PM

I have just called them: I have the same recalls. The rear wheel is a new one on me. Details are that a cetain batch can suffer fatigue due to to a heat treatment that was or was not performed. The brake servo hose, i knew was going to become a recall eventually as Paul at Baylis and I were chatting about this a month or so ago and and he was trying to get it recalled. These are very recent recalls. Reference UK06C006 P.S my brake hose was done under warranty... you can find out if your batch of wheels is affected by taking the build number and giving it to the dealer I'll give Paul a call, shed some light. :)

Edited by JamesGray, 26 July 2006 - 12:26 PM.

#12 convict

convict

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

My 01 NA is due both recalls.

Didn't have the chassis number but he was able to find out from my reg and home address that the recalls were due.

Which obviously begs the obvious question; if they have my address, why haven't they contacted me?

(As JamesGray says they are recent recalls so i suppose the letter could be in the post :rolleyes: )

#13 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

I'm pretty sure they are not classed as immediate recalls. Therefore they get picked up at the next service. thumbsup

#14 h8ten

h8ten

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Motoring, 3 cars
    Biking, 1 bike
    PC, 1 big yin an' 1 wee yin.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

Just called the number, quoted my chassis number ****N000480 and was told there were two outstanding recalls, the rear wheels and the servo pipe. The chap said I would be receiving a letter in the near future but I could take it into a Vauxhall dealership and have the items checked. My car was new in March 2001.

#15 Smiler

Smiler

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

fck.. I've had me alloys painted blk :(... going to call em though.. sept 01.. thumbsup

#16 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

Just called them and mine is due both too (01, Y Plate - No. 488). Apparently the wheel recall is a brand new one, and the mailing is just about to be put out.

#17 kjmac

kjmac

• Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Cars, the usual.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:41 PM

Yep, just called 'em and I'll be getting my 2001 NA done. Ken

#18 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

plenty of older NA's for the vacumn hose - anyone got the sp on a turbot?

#19 Smiler

Smiler

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

yep.. wheels and hose for me.. bugger.. have to either match the fronts or get all 4 sprayed again :-( oh and the pain of letting muppets near my car... ... arghhh!!!....

Edited by Smiler, 26 July 2006 - 12:44 PM.

#20 h8ten

h8ten

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Motoring, 3 cars
    Biking, 1 bike
    PC, 1 big yin an' 1 wee yin.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

Just had a thought about taking advantage of this situation. If your rear wheels are ones that need replaced and if you need to replace your rear tyres then buy them elsewhere and get them fitted to the new wheels foc, also it will be easier to see if the rims are damaged during the tyres installation. Might be something I will consider and keep the old tyres as spares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users