• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Jim Mitch

Jim Mitch

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, windsurfing, martial arts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:48 PM

I had a bit of a bust up with Admiral over them increasing the premium for EBC discs and pads (£40) and Nitrons (£70). I kept getting the standard "because it's normal practice" answers from them until I threatened to go to the Financial Services Ombudsman (for them not justifying the increase with sufficient clarity). Eventually got an email from one of their underwriting team saying that their statistics showed that cars fitted with modified brakes and/or suspension were more likely to have an accident. They thought that, as the upgrades enabled later braking, the car was more likely to be involved in an accident (although they stopped short of accusing me of driving like a hooligan :P ). Strangely, they werent willing to share the statistics themselves (didnt want them falling into the hands of their competitors). Still dont really see the logic in this, but as they agreed to charge only an additional £40 in total for the year I didnt press it.

#22 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:25 PM

Give Footman James another call and ask to speak with Wayne. He increased my excess when I modded rather than premium.

Ta muchly senior Thorne Imnotworthy

i'll give him a call when AMD finish their development work on the NA,

and If i can ever make my mind up whether to chop the NA for the VXT :blink:

#23 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:50 PM

Footman James want another £100 to insure me on a turbo ;)

and another £125 for a milltek on my NA

just who can explain the logic in that ? :beat:

There doesn't appear to be any logic since they (Footman James) charged me much less than that exhaust and induction mods. I have bben with them for a few years though so don't know if that makes any difference.

On another insurance topic some companies have a higher group rating for the Lightening than the standard na. Norwich Union direct quoted me a differential premium of almost £100 when i enquired last year

Paul

#24 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 23 December 2003 - 04:33 PM

Give Footman James another call and ask to speak with Wayne. He increased my excess when I modded rather than premium.

Thorney...I think you mean Warren?? Imnotworthy

Ive called them (footman james = VERY helpful) and theyre getting back to me with a quote for the top AMD spec.

They wont do a deal on increased excess mid term though :( so may as well wait till next summer :beat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users