Amd Magic On The Na

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

Just called AMD. they told me they are not fitting any filters, turbo or NA
until they find a solution.

I have a BMC carbon filter airbox, and never gave me any problems...I even plugged the air temp/meter sensor INSIDE the carbon box, and it all seems fine... B) :P

#62 vortex

vortex

• PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:BIKES, CARS AND KARTING.

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:43 PM

Just got back from AMD and magic is the fecking word! Before- BHP 149.5 @ 5237 rpm Torque 155.1 @ 4173 rpm After- BHP 175.7 @ 5815 rpm Torque 167.7 @ 4173 rpm ECU remap Full Milltek exhaust system

#63 dh_si

dh_si

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:08 PM

mapping really looks like the way forward!!! I have got the viper and full milltek with the standard mapping. Just got to save up £400!! As for the viper and powertec thing, it has been proven that mine did sound better that Cheekys!!! :P

#64 Blanchie

Blanchie

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:18 PM

mapping really looks like the way forward!!!

I have got the viper and full milltek with the standard mapping. Just got to save up £400!!

As for the viper and powertec thing, it has been proven that mine did sound better that Cheekys!!! :P

Are but does it sound as good as the ITG kit? :P

#65 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:40 PM

Are but does it sound as good as the ITG kit? 

It's not as good sounding as a K&N :P :P

How does the car feel like to drive? Can you notice the extra power increase?
I'd be interested to know what increase it would give with a car that's got a standard cat with pre cat out and a vauxhall sports exhaust.

Edited by BogBrush, 09 January 2004 - 03:43 PM.

#66 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:07 PM

not as good as a piper (non-viper) :P :P :P We've heard alot about the AMD remap lately and a year or so ago it was all regal! I've been thinking along the same lines as bogbrush at the mo. I have induction, pre cat out and vauxhall exhaust so next it would seem to be remap. options Regal +16bhp for 295 Superchips +10bhp for 293.75 AMD ?????????? Not many have gone for superchips. i only know of Marc who has now sold. Any views anyone?

Edited by P11 COV, 09 January 2004 - 06:21 PM.

#67 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:26 PM

Also I'm wondering when and if the dealers plug their diagnostics port thingies in if they'll still work? I know in some mag adverts it says that their chip tuning is invisible???

#68 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:48 AM

The point with remaps is that they work with different levels of tune. Put a remap in and later get an exhaust and the remap will need to be re-written to make full use of the exhaust - its for this reason why all tuners do 'stages'. The original remap will still work but it won't make full use of the other mods. Most (if not all Vauxhall chipping) is written via serial tuning, ie a laptop or other deveice is plugged into OBD port of the car and code uploaded that way. As far as viaibility is concerned any dealer can plug a tech2 into a car and wouldn't see any difference, if they then went further into diagnostics then eventually they would see fuel/boost levels had been change indicating a remap. However if they wanted to show a remap caused a failure in some way the ECU would need to be removed and sent away for diagnosis. AmD's OneClick (which I'm testing but isn't yet released for Vauxhall) both delivers and extracts the remap code via a single button so is invisible to dealer because it actually removes the remap in its entireity (for re-entry at a later date for example). All of AmD's remap use OneClick software so are freely upgradeable. Dealers and manufacturers are getting wise to chipping, BMW for example are reflashing ECU memories during regular servicing - pretty galling if you've just got a remap and the dealer then overwrites it! OneClick ws designed to allow the owner to remap over and over again to their hearts content.

#69 vortex

vortex

• PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:BIKES, CARS AND KARTING.

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:33 PM

Bogbrush. Well worth having the remap done. You do feel a big differance, the car pulls a lot harder a the top end and the throttle responce is mega. It pushs you back in the seat just a little more. I'm still running with the standard inlet (filter) so I think the results are good, not to loud, just a bit more fruty. £250+ VAT is all you need.

#70 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

P11 COV, I've got Marc's car now, so I've got a Superchip on my N/A. Only had it a month and not been in any other modded VX's to compare it to, so not much help, sorry. Going to Bedford with SELOC on the 14th though.

#71 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

Now there's a decision: remap or Superchip? Ben

#72 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:03 AM

I might be being dumb here but is Superchips just a company that do a remap for you?

#73 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:53 PM

No it's a completly new chip as I've got the original still.

#74 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:18 PM

P11 COV, I've got Marc's car now, so I've got a Superchip on my N/A. Only had it a month and not been in any other modded VX's to compare it to, so not much help, sorry. Going to Bedford with SELOC on the 14th though.

Did you buy the car from Wayne with the superchip still on?

BTW I've got Marcs exhaust :D

I'll be at Bedford - see you then (we can see which ones quicker :rolleyes: )

#75 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:27 PM

You people aren't doing my credit card much good ;) I may have to visit AMD before bedford :)

#76 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 12 January 2004 - 10:53 AM

As for the viper and powertec thing, it has been proven that mine did sound better that Cheekys!!!  :P

WHAT!!?? Proven by who?? Norris McWhirter?? ;)

Ask BarryBethel - he was chatting by the burger van at Elvington and they heard a zorst on the track. They both turned around and lets just say it was Powertec with afterburners on baby :P :P

Edited by cheeky_chops, 12 January 2004 - 10:56 AM.

#77 dh_si

dh_si

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny that coz i heard a few saying, was yours the yellow one sounding sweet!! as for the people turning around, they were wondering who let a 1.2 on the track! :lol: :lol: :lol: You said yourself mine had the edge! ;) :D I am so sad i'm laughing out loud to this post!

#78 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:25 PM

You said yourself mine had the edge!

Well, must of been my driver skills on Saturday that put 4 lenghts between us then :P :P

#79 dh_si

dh_si

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:30 PM

i did that deliberatly, what with your haphazzard braking :P Cheeky, are you going to Angelsey?

#80 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:45 PM

no mate :( , i'm boarding in Italy that weekend poof :D :D !! Also need new front tyres, they're shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users