Vx220 Turbo Or Vxr220

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

yes seen urs mate the state of it in the pics doesnt fill me with confidence,!ha Also the milage a little over what im looking for, HAs the miltek and a good price as well dam u for to many miles!

#62 c18gmr

c18gmr

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

yes seen urs mate

the state of it in the pics doesnt fill me with confidence,!ha

Also the milage a little over what im looking for,

HAs the miltek and a good price as well dam u for to many miles!

Whats wrong with the pictures? :rolleyes:

whats the point having the car to sit and look at it, the whole point is to drive them, 41K on a vectra engine is nothing :gayfight:

I would accept £14,100 for it just to temp you further. lol

#63 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

whats the point having the car to sit and look at it, the whole point is to drive them, 41K on a vectra engine is nothing :gayfight:

Fully agree but i want a very good example so i can drive it with confidence that its been looked after,

You car is prob a very good example but first impressions count and the picture of iut being hammered round a track covered in mud didnt grab my attention to want to spend £14 grand on it.

Agreed 41k miles is very little on one of these engine but on a vx220 is relitivly above avaerage many of them seem to be around the 30k mark and below which i am ideally looking for,

It may seem fussy but all im after is a car in good condition with 30,000 ish miles in the correcrt colour!

#64 c18gmr

c18gmr

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

Fair point, but i firmly believe someone who tracks there car is far more likely to look after it properly that one thats gets drive every other Sunday. Like i said before good luck with your search. chinky chinky

#65 geoturbo

geoturbo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

I have a 2003 VX220 Turbo for sale coral blue with blue and black leather remote locking good condition new drilled and groved disks Padgid RS14 pads Castrol SRF fluid braided hoses Miltek full exaust system & uprated ECU. £ 13,995 ovno reason for sale immigration. 07790 903117 see cars for sale post.

#66 furby123

furby123

• Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Family, freinds, good times, relaxation, cars

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

I dont think by the looks of it Ken is ever going to buy a car, he is probably a 12 year old spotty youth who has never been out of his own town let alone Iraq!!! It does seem a bit odd that he keeps posting instead of getting on with it, also his comments about higher milage cars or cars that have been tracked seem a bit green, just for the record ALL VX's will have been tracked at some point in there lives, whether or not the current owner wants too tell you this is down to them..... SO dont be put off by a bit of dirt / track / stone chips etc. They are built for speed, all driven hard and so they should!!!!!! Keep up the good work all.......I miss mine, and KEV if your not a teenager with a spotty face, GET ON AND BUY THAT CAR - there is loads out there!! Cheers Furbster

#67 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Fully agree but i want a very good example so i can drive it with confidence that its been looked after,

You car is prob a very good example but first impressions count and the picture of iut being hammered round a track covered in mud didnt grab my attention to want to spend £14 grand on it.

Agreed 41k miles is very little on one of these engine but on a vx220 is relitivly above avaerage many of them seem to be around the 30k mark and below which i am ideally looking for,

It may seem fussy but all im after is a car in good condition with 30,000 ish miles in the correcrt colour!

what a load of BS so what if its been tracked - its been driven flat out on a race circuit jeeeez you wanna come out on a VX run and see how some people drive on the roads tracking is being kind to the cars compared to how some people drive!!

I am sure you are not a spotty 12 year old and no offence intended by my statements about tracking but seriously dont be put off cos a VX has been tracked thats what they are built for and as said above its probably been very well looked after

fair point about the mileage i can understand that to some degree but as said (again) these engines if serviced correctly are more that capable of higher mileages - good luck anyway chinky chinky

#68 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

you wanna come out on a VX run and see how some people drive on the roads tracking is being kind to the cars compared to how some people drive!!

:yeahthat:

You know who you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#69 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

what a load of BS so what if its been tracked - its been driven flat out on a race circuit jeeeez you wanna come out on a VX run and see how some people drive on the roads tracking is being kind to the cars compared to how some people drive!!

I am sure you are not a spotty 12 year old and no offence intended by my statements about tracking but seriously dont be put off cos a VX has been tracked thats what they are built for and as said above its probably been very well looked after

fair point about the mileage i can understand that to some degree but as said (again) these engines if serviced correctly are more that capable of higher mileages - good luck anyway chinky chinky

I didnt say tracking was a bad thing as i will certainly be taking mine to the track,
Just the pictures of it covered in mud on a track are not the ones i would have chosen tp use as my first impression pictures, not my car though so he can do what he likes.

As for milage it is to high for what i am looking for so that is end of story there, although as you said has many many miles left in it yet,

#70 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:02 AM

I dont think by the looks of it Ken is ever going to buy a car, he is probably a 12 year old spotty youth who has never been out of his own town let alone Iraq!!!

It does seem a bit odd that he keeps posting instead of getting on with it, also his comments about higher milage cars or cars that have been tracked seem a bit green, just for the record ALL VX's will have been tracked at some point in there lives, whether or not the current owner wants too tell you this is down to them.....

SO dont be put off by a bit of dirt / track / stone chips etc. They are built for speed, all driven hard and so they should!!!!!!

Keep up the good work all.......I miss mine, and KEV if your not a teenager with a spotty face, GET ON AND BUY THAT CAR - there is loads out there!!

Cheers
Furbster

oh and as for this comment, says it all about recognition of the armed forces doesnt it!

I have so far enquired abouut several cars, to only narrowly miss them(like mikes) or to have paint blistering issues, milage over my requirements etc

What is dodgy about wnating to get the right example, I am currently emailing a memeber off here and should be viewing one with any luck on the 17th!!

#71 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Purchased a 05 VXT today (Coral) Thanks for everyones help!

#72 covert ops

covert ops

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

Congrats :groupjump: I hope (after your long search) its the right car. Oh and enjoy now you have it thumbsup Andy chinky chinky

#73 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

Is this going to be the shortest time of ownership ever?For sale after 1 month!

#74 covert ops

covert ops

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

Congrats :groupjump:

I hope (after your long search) its the right car.
Oh and enjoy now you have it thumbsup

Andy chinky chinky

LOL

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

The sound of me eating my own words!!

Andy chinky chinky

#75 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

sorry guys, thought this was my car and i could sell it when i wanted, My bad sorry il remove it from the for sale section (concentrate on your own cars in future please)

#76 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Interests:VX<br><br>Snooker

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

sorry guys,

thought this was my car and i could sell it when i wanted,

My bad sorry il remove it from the for sale section

(concentrate on your own cars in future please)

LOL, how dare you all concentrate on Kevin's car.

I must say this post has kept me entertained fom time to time!

G

#77 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

;) :P :P :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users