Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

here thumbsup

#22 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the link thumbsup Just need to get hold of a manifold now! :rolleyes: Trust me to leave it until there's a shortage in the States! Cheers again. Rob

#23 12Esc

12Esc

• 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

I've ordered the manifold with autopartspeople.com. Now they ask if i need the related gaskets and sensors with it. Can anyone tell me this? I think the sensors are not needed (what sensors?) but i'm not sure about the gasket. p.s. i've paid about 150 sollars for the manifold. Shipping to europe is another 65 dollars. Thanks, Maurice.

#24 luna_s

luna_s

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

you need the oil breather gasket that sits in the middle - you can see the green thing on my comparison pics, its about 6 dollars iirc (the others are reusable and compatable) dont have a part number handy sorry, its somewhere on z22se.co.uk tho the map sensor is the same as the one thats on the 2.2 - you can also see it in my pics if youre lucky youll get all gaskets anyway :)

Edited by luna_s, 03 January 2008 - 09:19 AM.

#25 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:39 AM

I thought the 2.4 Map sensor wasnt compatable with out ECU.... or was that just a theory

#26 luna_s

luna_s

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

they have the same partno written on them thumbsup

#27 12Esc

12Esc

• 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

I've received this mail from autopartspeople: Originally Saturn was selling the manifold with gaskets and sensor, now they're selling only the bare manifold. Whether or not you would need the additional parts depends on how many of the parts you're carrying over from the existing manifold. The following sensor and seals is what was included with Saturn's original manifold: #16212460 - sensor - $87.20 #12600729 - throttle body seal - $19.48 #12589516 - c/case vent pas seal - $16.56 #24455112 - Gasket - $4.72 each (4 required) From reading the descriptions on several sites, this is what i concluded: Sensor: can be reused, no need to order Throttle body seal: must be reused, no need to order c/case vent pas seal: must be ordered Gasket: not sure, but probably best to order them (4) Can anyone confirm this please? Thanks, Maurice.

#28 Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:55 AM

The only one you will need is the c/case vent pas seal. All the rest are a direct replacement, just pull them out of the old manifold and they just push into the 2.4.

#29 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

Thats a bit cheeky of them. Mine came together with all the gaskets required, and after shipping etc it was only £113 :unsure:

#30 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

my 2.4 manifold was bare and cost £180 odd :angry2:

#31 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

Probably going over old ground here but I've got the 2.4 manifold sitting here in a box, plus a ported standard TB, EGR blanking plate and Vocky's EGR cheater. At some point in the not too distant future I'll obviously try and fit them. My one hazy point is the FPR mods. I've got the ITG induction kit fitted so, does this mean I don't need to do this modification as this (I believe) relocates the vacuum take off anyway? :unsure:

#32 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Techieboy - I cant answer your query but I'm sure luna/vocky will be down to help soon. But, I am right in assuming that you will have a standard TB spare? I'm looking for one to port, as I don't think I am ready for the 68mm TB so PM me if you are selling it. Cheers thumbsup

#33 luna_s

luna_s

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

here you can see the 1 way valve with the take off

Posted Image

and this is the fuel rail end

Posted Image

i believe the ITG has the provision for the takeoff, you dont have to worry about this mod,
but if you do you'll have to block the takeoff

#34 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

Techieboy - I cant answer your query but I'm sure luna/vocky will be down to help soon. But, I am right in assuming that you will have a standard TB spare? I'm looking for one to port, as I don't think I am ready for the 68mm TB so PM me if you are selling it. Cheers thumbsup

I certainly hope to have a spare regular throttle body after the ported one has been fitted. Kind of depends whether I've gone too far with the existing spare one and how TMS get on with sorting out a map to suit the mods. If they run into problems fueling the manifold etc, I might have to stick with the standard one. Should know where I stand on the 15th, if that's any good to you? Will PM you when it's available!

#35 Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

Just made that very same mod. Got some 3/8 vacuum hose from a motor factors and some 4mm fuel pipe (I think) Found an old mid nineties Astra at a scrappy and the valve you want is right on top, you can't miss it. Heat the ends of the pipes in hot water, a drop of lubricant and the whole lot should slide together nice and easily. The car started like normal and settled to a normal idle immediately, it's just idling at the moment before I go for little trundle. Bets on how long the ecu light takes to come on :rolleyes:

#36 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

i believe the ITG has the provision for the takeoff, you dont have to worry about this mod,
but if you do you'll have to block the takeoff

Thanks Luna. I was hoping that would be the case as I can't get my head around what needs changing and I'm fecking usless if I can't just buy the kit off the shelf. :blush:

#37 Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

about 3 miles before it threw a wobbler :angry2: Time to swap to the 2.2 tb :rolleyes:

#38 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

about 3 miles before it threw a wobbler :angry2: Time to swap to the 2.2 tb :rolleyes:

Bugger, that's a shame. Glad I didn't cough up for one of those at the same time as the manifold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users