• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#41 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:59 PM

Racing/Rugby/Rallying - but i suppose rallying is racing so thats 3 different race series to keep me busy in the winter - i feel tired already :wacko:

Edited by Richy, 23 September 2008 - 03:06 PM.

#42 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

Plus I'll be back at uni (again), so I'll either be working/studying/snogging 18 year old boys.

:yeahthat: start next week, bring on the 18 year old boys!!!!

Only joking :lol:

#43 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Keeping fit & healthy eating (Taking note of the Chapman theory).

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

Pretty much the same as all year round...... Continuing to build my ZZR-1100 engined Scamp. Then converting the Mi16'd Scamp into an Audi powered RWD beast. Airgunning - we carry out pest control on 100 acres, and you bag so much more when there are no leaves on the trees... Foraging in the woods for berries to make wine, and of course drinking the wine that we made in previous years. Making lots of stews, soups, etc, to stock the freezer up for those lazy days. E. :)

#44 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Airgunning - we carry out pest control on 100 acres

:o

#45 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Changing nappies :sick: Scubababy is due in November (with new and improved Gills and 20/20 vision) so I'll be generally up to my eye balls in Sh*t for the winter and the next few more years damm just got the 2 scubaboys all trained up and ready to dive :beat: Skiing and diving for pleasure may have to take a back seat for a while ( might sneek off in the camper van thou for a checky week with the boys to alpe d'huez) :D I'm trying to talk scubamummy into a water birth She's having none of it !! :ban:

Edited by Baron Von Scubadaddy, 23 September 2008 - 04:01 PM.

#46 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Keeping fit & healthy eating (Taking note of the Chapman theory).

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

Airgunning - we carry out pest control on 100 acres

:o

It's a brilliant hobby. We keep the woodland from being overrun by squirrels, rabbits, woodies, etc (thus meaning the pheasants don't have to share their food with vermin), and get plenty of free meat in the meantime. B)

E. :)

Edited by Elaine, 23 September 2008 - 04:11 PM.

#47 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

what's a woodie please don't say your shooting wood louse ?????

Edited by Baron Von Scubadaddy, 23 September 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#48 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

what's a woodie

please don't say your shooting wood louse ?????

A Wood Pigeon. ;)

#49 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• 12,905 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

How shooting animals in their natural habitat can be considered a hobby, is utterly utterly beyond me and makes me feel physically sick to the bottom of my stomach, and angry beyond words :sick: :sick: :sick: I hope at least you kill them outright, and none of them are injured and suffer a long, painful, unnecessary death.

Nature certainly doesn't need a helping hand from humans to keep things ticking along - so if something else scoffs pheasants, then so be it. That's the way the food chain works. And who are you exactly to be judging what is and isn't 'vermin', determining which animals are more deserving of life than others, and clearing our countryside of animals which you personally think should be dispensed with, but which I and many others love to experience.

Truly sick. I'm trying to keep this polite, but trust me what's going on in my head isn't - so I think we'd better agree to disagree chinky chinky

#50 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

How shooting animals in their natural habitat can be considered a hobby, is utterly utterly beyond me and makes me feel physically sick to the bottom of my stomach, and angry beyond words :sick: :sick: :sick: I hope at least you kill them outright, and none of them are injured and suffer a long, painful, unnecessary death.

Nature certainly doesn't need a helping hand from humans to keep things ticking along - so if something else scoffs pheasants, then so be it. That's the way the food chain works. And who are you exactly to be judging what is and isn't 'vermin', determining which animals are more deserving of life than others, and clearing our countryside of animals which you personally think should be dispensed with, but which I and many others love to experience.

Truly sick. I'm trying to keep this polite, but trust me what's going on in my head isn't - so I think we'd better agree to disagree chinky chinky

The pest are killed outright with a single shot, it's the most humane way of controlling them. Without pest control our countryside wouldn't be what it is....
Maybe you should do some reading up on the subject, then you'd understand the need for it. :)

E ;)

Edited by Elaine, 23 September 2008 - 04:32 PM.

#51 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

Airgunning - we carry out pest control on 100 acres, and you bag so much more when there are no leaves on the trees...

Went lamping last year, great fun and would really love to give it another bash Imnotworthy My mate bagged quite a few bunnies but the big ass torch died 10mins after he passed the rifle to me :angry2:

As for the poor fuffly wuffy wabbits :9mm:

#52 severnless

severnless

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

i try not to let rants wind me up but yours does, i mean no offence YandB, but can you answer a couple of questions?
1. are you a vegan?
2. if no to above have you ever been to an abattoir?

as Elaine says Know your subject before ranting ;)

Elaine :)
good for you with your shooting, though how you can enjoy the taste of woodie? i just can't enjoy it, little to strong for me (even though i like pheasant!)
haven't been out with my HW77 for ages, well since the last out-break of bunnys in the yard!! :9mm: now they really tasted nice!! (in a yummy stew with loadsa black pepper!)
chinky chinky

Edited by severnless, 23 September 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#53 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Tennis :rolleyes: (often in the snow or rain!!) But I do get paid for it so it is not so bad thumbsup

#54 ChrisO

ChrisO

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

wooo, you been to Glentress Martin?

Scott.

I done Glentress when I was living in Edinburgh - loads of fun.

#55 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

Have you ever actually lived outside of a city? You know where all the green bits are ? :rolleyes:

What do you think gamekeepers do for a living? Do you consider pigeons a lovely bird that should be left to flourish in our cities? Likewise I'm sure you'd welcome rats or mice with open arms were they to arrive at your residence. Where is this artificial line of what is and isn't acceptable?

#56 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:18 AM

Plus I'll be back at uni (again), so I'll either be working/studying/snogging 18 year old boys.

:yeahthat: start next week, bring on the 18 year old boys!!!!

Only joking :lol:

I'm gonna go back to uni if thats what you get...... the 18yr old boys.... :gayfight:

#57 timmyp

timmyp

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Golf, Anything with an engine.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Is it possible for anything on VX220.org.uk to not turn into some sort of ideological debate? :rolleyes: I like clay pigeons. Yum yum yum. The ones made of wood aren't as nice. :P Edited because, on second thoughts, I don't want to get involved! :P

Edited by timmyp, 24 September 2008 - 08:31 AM.

#58 aron916

aron916

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

Driving the vx all winter, oh and playing rugby!

#59 Pete0810

Pete0810

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

Rugby - just don't mention the Cardiff Blues! (my mercurially under performing team)
Just joined a mountaineering club - bit of rock climbing, walking in the hills of Scotland etc
Skiing lessons, just signed up - whoosh whoosh!
And, of course, driving around with the roof off on a crisp winter's day in vx'yboy!

#60 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

thumbsup Used to do a lot of this with my dad years ago with organised clubs. Used to take our lab Sandy trained as a gun dog along with us to pick things up. We're not bombing the forest H we're shooting the odd rabbit, pheasant or pigeon. If there weren't loads itd be a pretty boring exercise. Have you seen the amount of rabbits out there? there's millions! Scott :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users