Me And My Accident, The Vx Lives No More. Caution Some Not Very Nice P

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 nickxcpro

nickxcpro

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

Thought I’d share with you my accident with my pride and joy. Unfortunately I cannot remember a thing, not even getting into my car which is good in a certain way but I would love know exactly what happened.

******** Please do not try and explain what happened, the insurance and Police are still processing my case and i would rather not confuse things by them reading other peoples thoughts on what happened, and i know they do look on these sites.
Just thought i’d show you my car and me, i may up date with my progress if anyone is interested. Cheers! *******

First things, I’d thought I’d show you what my VX looked like, as you will see its a standard tubby.

Posted Image

I’m told i had a head on accident with a Clio which had 3 women in who also got taken to hospital but were let out the same night with minor cuts and burses. My injuries were a little more serious, i was in hospital for three weeks, when i was discharged this is what was put on my discharge note.

‘Injuries: open comminuted displaced fracture mid shaft of left femur, comminuted fracture left pateler, comminuted undisplaced fracture of left proximal tiba, right ulnar styloid fracture right patellar.
On the */*/2009 he had IM nailing of his left femur, tension band wiring of left patellar and cannulated screw of left tibial plateau. On the */*/2009 had a 2nd look, wound debridement, washout and closure of his left thigh wound.’

Which in layman terns means I broke my thigh, the bone came out of my leg this has now got a pin running down the centre of my thigh bone to hold it together. I smashed my left knee cap into about 8 pieces which was wired together. Just below my knee joint i broke my shin bone which has been plated and screwed back together.
On the other leg i have a cracked knee cap which does not require wiring but my leg must be straight for 6-8 weeks to heal and i have a broken wrist which is in now in plaster also for 6-8 weeks, and to top it all off i have chipped/broken my nose.

Now for some pictures ....... some are a little horrible so click away now if you don’t like it!!!!

My car:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The hole in the wind screen i’m told was made with my face!!!!!! And yes i was wearing my seat belt

And now me..............................................................................

My left leg:
Posted Image

A close up of my left knee:
Posted Image

This is where the bone came out of my thigh:
Posted Image

This is my hip where they inserted the steel pin into my thigh:
Posted Image

And finally my lovely face!:
Posted Image

I am now home getting around with a wheel chair. They have told me it will take about 8 months for everything to repair to the same sort of standard i was in.
I will still hang around on .org because i do think its a good site i have also met some great people mainly at the midlands meets and on the odd trip to Wales (you know who you are), once i am up and running i will pop and see you all at one of the meets however i may not be in a 220!

Thanks for reading,

********Again please do not comment on what or how you think i crashed because of my insurance claim and the police.********

Cheers

Nick

#2 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

Bloody hell!! Glad you are on the mend :grouphug:

#3 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Jees that looks bad. at least you are on the road to recovery!

#4 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

fcuking hell mate! hope you get better and no long term damage!

#5 WillT

WillT

Need to get Out More

• 810 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

Very much ouch! Glad your ok though

#6 Ozzig

Ozzig

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

Bloody hell!!

Glad you are on the mend :grouphug:

:yeahthat:

(And at least you're still on four wheels without a roof ! :D)

#7 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

OMG Nick!!! That's terrible, I'm so glad you're ok, by the looks of the car it could have been a lot lot worse. I hope you're back to 100% as soon as possible. :grouphug:

Edited by AliM, 13 February 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#8 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Ouch....! That does look very nasty. Makes you think, doesn't it? Life is trundling along nicely then BANG.....everything changes. I do hope you are soon back on your feet and fully recovered. Glad to hear that the other car's occupants seem to be OK. Best of luck with everything....... thumbsup

#9 Paulo

Paulo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Nick, Firstly glad you are still with us chinky chinky but that was a biggen..... These little car's are a lot stronger than people think but it looks like it did its job Imnotworthy .... Hope you get it sorted and get an answer to what happened. Paul

#10 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

Nick, Firstly glad you are still with us chinky chinky but that was a biggen.....

These little car's are a lot stronger than people think but it looks like it did its job Imnotworthy ....

Hope you get it sorted and get an answer to what happened.

Paul

Don't know what to say.........

glad your ok fella

nice to see your smiling face

:grouphug:

#11 nat

nat

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

OMG, its just awful, but you are alive (maybe not too well right now) but alive and on the mend. Take care of yourself hun Nat

#12 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

Holy sh*t! :blink: Glad you're ok mate! All the best in a full recovery thumbsup

#13 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

Ouch, nowt worse than having broken legs and arms at the same time - i bet it's a nightmare wiping your own arse!! [i speak from experience :P ]

Get well soon chinky chinky

#14 Muttley

Muttley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Get well soon.

#15 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

Yowsa, Glad you're ok mate.

#16 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

Holy sh*t :o :o :o :o Good luck with the recovery thumbsup BTW do you think the accident will leave a "lightning bolt" scar ? for the complete Harry Potter look? ;)

#17 trfcboy

trfcboy

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

Bloody hell bud, hope your gettin stronger each day, thats sum surgery you had done, all best for good recovery thumbsup

#18 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

hope you recover soon outch :(

#19 Pink Princess

Pink Princess

Please talk slowly...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Email nmclements@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Bloody Hell Atleast your still here to tell teh tale :) Will you hve a lot of scaring? Hope none on your head :( Will you get another VX220 - hope it hasnt put you off :(

#20 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Owwwww, bet those scars itch! Do you think a harness rather than 3 point belt would have helped considering the state of the windscreen and your noggin? How long until people ask which breakers the cars been taken to? Looks like the spoiler is still intact :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users