#21 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Hooray another Max power car

Not a " max power VX" just a unfortunate choice of wheels more " VX but with the handling fcuked up by bling bling nasty ass alloys, but it ok because the macccy D's car park has a smooth surface VX "

Taylor fair play for going custom but personally, I feel you missed the whole point of the vx, its all about the ride not the look thumbsup

I couldnt agree more

#22 forgotmepassword

forgotmepassword

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Taylor, It's your car so you do what the heck you want to it. I hope you prove all the "my VX is standard so it's better than yours" crowd wrong. I also think the standard wheels are weak, but was fortunate enough to purchase mine with some OZ's already fitted. Someone from around the Manchester area fitted some massive bling wheels to a blue VX a while back and personally thought it looked good. As people said will probably knack up the handling a bit, but if all you are doing is cruising / commuting can't see you'd notice the difference too much. Look forward to seing your pictures.

Edited by forgotmepassword, 28 March 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#23 forgotmepassword

forgotmepassword

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

Someone from around the Manchester area fitted some massive bling wheels to a blue VX a while back and personally thought it looked good.

Should have looked at your pictures more closely. It's your mate's car!

#24 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

thanks for the replys, obviously its going to upset some people on here, its not your fault your old hahahaha as for knackering up handling how??? the rubber in contact with tthe road will be exactly the same, the wheels will sit in the same place, as far as the car is concerened the wheels will not have changed at all, so not sure how the look of a wheel will change how it handles :rolleyes: also image wheels are designed for race cars, kit cars and the like, therefor really im increading the racing pedigree of the car , im not fitting some chav tastic wolfrace halfrods specials, ive done alot of calculations alot of measuring and spent alot of money getting the wheels perfect to retail the handling yet get the look i feel the vx is missing, dont like it? oh well i dont really care lol but insted of moaning on about ruining what the car is all about.. which clearly isnt the case , just say you dont like anything thats a bit different haha its only a set of wheels, they can be swaped over in 5 mins and wahlaaa standard again. if i dont like them then i wont use them, ill have 4 fooking expensive house ornaments lol either way i cant wait

#25 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

taylor fair play for going custom but personally, I feel you missed the whole point of the vx, its all about the ride not the look thumbsup

if i was getting a car for the ride not look i would have saved myself a few pennys and got an elise s1 but the vx is far far prettier, and hell im a girl i like pretty things lol

#26 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

Each to their own, and all that. I actually like your mate's wheels (can't for the life of me remember his username :rolleyes: but car is familiar as it is on his sig pic). Instinct tells me I shouldn't, but I actually do....

#27 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

as for knackering up handling how??? the rubber in contact with tthe road will be exactly the same, the wheels will sit in the same place, as far as the car is concerened the wheels will not have changed at all, so not sure how the look of a wheel will change how it handles :rolleyes:

So your getting 175 17" fronts again?

#28 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

you go girl! you tell them mean old boys :lol:

#29 Philplop

Philplop

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:VW's, Guitar, Music.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

I don't think blinging spinners were at the forefront of the VX design team's minds when they were putting the VX together...

There is a middle ground between standard wheels and big chrome spinners...

Hooray another Max power car

Because of a wheel change? You'd never get a feature in any magazine by just changing the wheels. :rolleyes:

Not a " max power VX" just a unfortunate choice of wheels more " VX but with the handling fcuked up by bling bling nasty ass alloys, but it ok because the macccy D's car park has a smooth surface VX "

Taylor fair play for going custom but personally, I feel you missed the whole point of the vx, its all about the ride not the look thumbsup

Didn't Vauxhall already taint the handling because they wanted 17's up front instead of the Lotus-intended 16's? What do wheels have to do with needing a smooth surface? And just because the VX is 'all about the ride' doesn't mean you can't change it cosmetically and still be 'all (or mostly) about the ride', it'll just look (in the owners eyes), that bit better. In any case, just because it was designed for one purpose doesn't mean it can't be used for another. Each to their own...

I know you guys are generalising here, but modifying a car for appearance doesn't make you a chav.

Looking forward to seeing the wheels fitted Taylor. :)

#30 carlton x

carlton x

• PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:cars football music

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

I know you guys are generalising here, but modifying a car for appearance doesn't make you a chav. well said that man ! thumbsup

#31 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

hehe, i will do :P

yup 175s on the fronts, still thin wheels on the fronts, and same tyres on the rear too.

canny wait :)

i just think the standard ones are a bit lego ish looking

#32 Garry.L

Garry.L

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:"Mammary Gland Enhancement"

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Nice wheels taylor ......... Just not on a VX ( but then you knew I'd say that :rolleyes: ) Whats interesting though is if you'd started this thread by saying you wanted to turn the car into a VX-R wanabee along with fitting one of those hidious diffusers, this would have caused much pant wetting excitement amongst some of the inmates as it seems you can pretty much nail whatever you wan't to a VX and as long as it's matt-black it's Ok - however if plan to fit something that has even the slightest hint of a shine then it's 'Chav'...... As an aside..... I've found those missing pedal rubbers if you still need them.. ;)

Edited by Garry.L, 31 March 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#33 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

yup 175s on the fronts, still thin wheels on the fronts, and same tyres on the rear too.

You should of least gone for 195/205's on the front

#34 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Nice wheels taylor ......... Just not on a VX ( but then you knew I'd say that :rolleyes: )

Whats interesting though is if you'd started this thread by saying you wanted to turn the car into a VX-R wanabee along with fitting one of those hidious diffusers, this would have caused much pant wetting excitement amongst some of the inmates as it seems you can pretty much nail whatever you wan't to a VX and as long as it's matt-black it's Ok - however if plan to fit something that has even the slightest hint of a shine then it's 'Chav'......

As an aside.....

I've found those missing pedal rubbers if you still need them.. ;)

Yeah i figured you would say that hehe, but they rnt black as i promised :D nor do i have a rear difuser :r

hopefully there will be a few converts when the wheels are actually here and on, tbh you only have to look at images web site (www.imagewheels.co.uk) and look at the gallery to see that thier wheels are far from hitting the chav market.

oo yes i do cheers :)

#35 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

205's on 6.5" wheels :rolleyes: be wider than the wheels lol

#36 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

So you have got custom wheels made to the standard width LMAO more money than sense

#37 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

inch wider actually

So you have got custom wheels made to the standard width LMAO more money than sense

#38 Philplop

Philplop

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:VW's, Guitar, Music.

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hang on, I'm confused. Thought you lot said changing the wheels ruins the car, now you're saying that changing the wheels for something the same width as original is a waste of money. :wacko:

#39 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

what everyone is saying (i think) is that if you are going to buy a new set of alloys, or in this case get a set specially made then you should go 16/17 because of the improved handling

#40 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

what everyone is saying (i think) is that if you are going to buy a new set of alloys, or in this case get a set specially made then you should go 16/17 because of the improved handling

the problem is there i dont wish to imporove the handling, i want to improve the look and retain the handling... fingers crossed this is exactly what i will achive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users