My Rab Red Progress Thread

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

what everyone is saying (i think) is that if you are going to buy a new set of alloys, or in this case get a set specially made then you should go 16/17 because of the improved handling

the problem is there i dont wish to imporove the handling, i want to improve the look and retain the handling... fingers crossed this is exactly what i will achive

hey! dont shoot the messenger! :( !!

#42 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:47 AM

what everyone is saying (i think) is that if you are going to buy a new set of alloys, or in this case get a set specially made then you should go 16/17 because of the improved handling

the problem is there i dont wish to imporove the handling, i want to improve the look and retain the handling... fingers crossed this is exactly what i will achive

im not dont worry :P

#43 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

I will :P

The point i was trying to make, if being a little harsh (i am sorry :( ). Is that its fine to keep a 17 up front but you should of made them wider than standard to improve the front end grip. And get more of a dish

#44 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

The point i was trying to make, if being a little harsh (i am sorry :( ). Is that its fine to keep a 17 up front but you should of made them wider than standard to improve the front end grip. And get more of a dish

i did... standards are 5.5 mine are 6.5

#45 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

i did... standards are 5.5 mine are 6.5

But your still running a 175 tyre

#46 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

for now yesm will see how it goes, may change at some point, but as the tyres on my wheels are pretty much new im not forking out again

#47 siti

siti

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

thumbsdown unfortunatly you are all entitled to your own opinion, but she owns the car she can do whatever she wants to do, i much prefer the way my car handles now with my wheels on "no understeer" both me and taylor have picked out a wheel that we think suits the car and alot of people on this forum agree that my wheels look the dogs danglies. and whats the deal with chrome spinners? at what point did taylor say she was replacing the standard wheels with chrome spinners? a select bunch on this site are so negative when it comes to new ideas. im rather looking forward to seeing them and looking forward to meeting you guys at the next meet, i imagine me and taylor will be cast to a dark corner with our "chrome spinners" cheers, Si :closedeyes:

#48 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

i imagine me and taylor will be cast to a dark corner with our "chrome spinners"

That's if we allow you to join us at all.................

:D ;) :groupjump:

#49 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

Try and think a bit more logically before you slag people off. If we are 'unfortunately' entitled to our own opinion, then you fall under the same banner - since you are 'unfortunately' entitled to yours in thinking these wheels look good; or are your opinions right, and those who disagree wrong? The people who think your wheels are bits of a dog are likewise 'unfortunately' entitled to and sharing their opinion - except you don't mind that do you, because it's praise. If you don't want to hear what people think, good and bad, don't post on a public forum. Frankly this thread is all very polite compared to some I've read.

#50 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

If you don't want to hear what people think, good and bad, don't post on a public forum. Frankly this thread is all very polite compared to some I've read.

As ive stated i really couldnt give a crap hehe,
and its all very polite because the boys know better than to anger me :P

i love the way siti's car looks and has been the inspiration for mine, obviously ive changed quite a few bits to get the look and "stance" i like

at the next meet we can represent the under 40s crew.. anyone want to join us :P

#51 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

As ive stated i really couldnt give a crap hehe,
and its all very polite because the boys know better than to anger me :P

Good, it's your car, you're the one who has to look at it so do what you want thumbsup

what exactly are you going to do to the boys if they anger you? :unsure:

Edited by AliM, 01 April 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#52 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

unlease hell? plauge of locusts? not sure tbh , i'd think of something im sure

#53 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

plague of lotus?

Couldn't think of anything worse ;)

#54 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

the boys know better than to anger me :P

uh oh.... you might get your chavette friends on us lads :lol:

#55 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

i think we have gone far enough off topic now dont you

#56 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

:lol: im only joking as im a chav :lol: but yeah too fa roff topic when do they arrive then?

Edited by joe_589, 01 April 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#57 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

Not too sure haha, he said 4-5 weeks on the 23rd

#58 siti

siti

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

some people on here will try cause an argument about anything, u all told me not to get my wheels so i did! and i love it and all my CHAV friends love it to. "CHAVS FOR THE WIN" SIK M8..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrraaapp at YOB!

#59 taylor

taylor

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:09 AM

im your chav friend too innit y0 spafe

#60 siti

siti

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Chav is not jus our style it is our ............. RELIGION