Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:27 PM

Awesome! :D Very very nice :)

#3 ECM

ECM

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

Proper maunal shift & clutch pedal thumbsup . Out of interest have you had a decent go with one of those f1 paddle shift jobs & if so what did you think? All round a fabulous motor B) .

Edited by ECM, 02 May 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#4 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:45 PM

Looking good. :)

#5 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

[controversial] Dave H going back to a discussion we had on here some time ago, the Gallardo photos ably demonstrate to me that the VX's clean styling makes the Gallardo look like a "hot wheels" car. Fast, powerful but not NEARLY as pretty as the VX in my book.[/controversial] :D And yes I know I'm in a club with one member there ;) :lol:

#6 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Is it just me or is this thread an advert for " Footballers Wives".

#7 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:26 PM

Is it just me or is this thread an advert for " Footballers Wives".

lol! And I thought you had taste in buying a VX... ;)

The Gallardo is one of the best designed cars ever in my opinion...

#8 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:35 PM

Although its not my colour its a magnificant beast thumbsup

#9 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

Not too shabby (;)) - what are the first impressions? BTW, has your Dad ever had a car long enough to run it in? :P

#10 davehutchinson

davehutchinson

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:04 PM

The Gallardo is one of the few cars I've not driven so I'll report back once I have. Jim the GT2 had 500 miles on it when we sold it so it was kinda run in ;)

#11 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:00 PM

Dave My accountant recently got an idential car, weather and work permitting he will be taking it on a track day at Bedford on Friday. Should be a fun journey to Bedford, 1 Gallardo, 2 VXTs, 1 Audi S3 (265 bhp), should also be interesting on the track BTW your dads got fantastic taste in cars. Gavin

#12 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:07 PM

What is it with bloody accountants?! Ours has just bought a yellow ( :poke: ) Gallardo. I'm yet to see it, but supposedly he's pretty happy with his as well :)

#13 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

Those front calipers are quite big, aren't they?

#14 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

Andy, do you mean 'designed' or 'styled' ? Design I can't comment on: I don't know much about the Gallardo, but from a styling perspective I disagree wth you. I think its neuter - much to admire, nothing to love. Look at the interior , then look at a 360's interior. The lines aren't feminie nor masculine: they are geometrical IMO. Dave does your Dad trade in supercars ? I'm fairly sure he doesn't lose much money on every one he sells, or he wouldn't change and sell them quite so soon after taking delivery. Its a lot of fuss to order and buy a GT2 then sell it before the first oil change unless you're doing it for profit. I've often thought trading supercars might be a decent way to use a £200k float for more profit than a bank account or a rental house....

#15 davehutchinson

davehutchinson

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:17 AM

No he loses money each time. It's his hobby and he's wealthy enough not to care about the depreciation. He lost £20k on the GT2 in 3 months and 500 miles despite the fact that only 9 will ever reach the UK.

#16 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:32 AM

Then Dave, your father and I have mentalities as different as our bank balances.

#17 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:34 AM

That be one Niiiiiiiiice Audi :D

Edited by caleebra, 03 May 2004 - 08:34 AM.

#18 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:58 AM

Andy, do you mean 'designed' or 'styled' ?

Who gives a sh*t?!

It looks good/great/fan-bloody-tastic and I'd be willing to give my right gonad for one! :D

From a personal point of view, I love the 'coldness' of it. I've never seen Lamborghini's as being cars that are warm and cuddly (perhaps except for the Miura), but instead, a car that will chew off your head and spit it back in your face (not sure if this is just a Liverpool saying...).
In the case of this car, it's going to be very well built, is quicker than a 911 Turbo point-to-point (according to Evo) and has the 'wow, nice car!' styling.

#19 helsam67

helsam67

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:09 AM

I bet those wheels are a bugger to clean. poof (and I bet the discs don't rust) steve

Edited by helsam67, 03 May 2004 - 09:12 AM.

#20 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:07 AM

Why would you change a GT2 for Celica. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users