• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#341 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Don't quite understand this polarised viewpoints of track vs road, or those that seem to have to justify their jump from one camp to the other.   Just do both, when you feel like it and when  it suits you.   I enjoyed a blast around the peaks the other week with other VX's but it can't scratch the itch of pushing the car to the limits on a track. Go to a track in Europe and you can do both the long road trip and the track.   You can have your cake and eat it guys :rolleyes:

I think that is what the exige V6 is most capable of. With the Vx you need relatively stiff suspenders to exploit it on track. What I have read of the V6 is that had the usually great Lotus road manners, but is setup in a way that is thoroughly enjoyable on track. Plus that V6 lump sounds far better than a Pauxhall 4pot

#342 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

Well. It has been a long time coming. 7 years, 3 houses, 3 engines, 4 sets of suspension, 2 vx220, 2 sets of wheels ect ect ect ect Sad day for me. When I first bought the black VX it was tight and I could not really afford it, it was my only car and it was a bit of a turd. I drove that thought 3 winters and both of the summers it was off the road! A garage fcuked the engine and .org come to the rescue, amazing community that helped me get the car back on the road for basic cost of parts (plus beer + KFC). It was amazing, circumstances changed and with the acquisition of a 2nd car the VX was about on the peek of its game... Until I blew up the engine on my first ever track day and national. Undeterred and with the .org massive doing its `ting a brand new z22se was found and installed with a wining new mod (because I needed more things to brake and not afford... That didn't last long until I smashed the vx into a BMW. While in bed (in some serious pain) feeling sorry for myself and like a massive dickhead I pondered how to move on, another vx220 was the answer and the search was on. YET again .org internet research team found a white vx220 with a fcuked engine and after some salvage agreements a transplant was made! This vx was MUCH better, didn't even breakdown! Trackdays and roadtrips, circumstances changed as they always do and the car was running spot on! A catalogue of modifications and all good in the hood! This was the status for the last 2 years. Alas, the never ending twist of life. After we stretched ourselves to fund a new house, car and a bathroom. To the point of affordability, 2 job changes in 3 months meant to keep the house the VX must go. (someone tell me that's the right way round :lol: ) So with the balance sheets now level again, its time to move on. As the cost of VX220s keep rising I don't suspect I will be able to get another but by fcuk I had a great time. Thanks to .org it was prolonged as long as it has and I am humbled by the generosity and kindness of this forum. So long and thanks for all the fish

#343 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

p.s. The new owner has allowed me to car share at the National this year so you have only one more time to put up with this silly peasant child!

#344 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Are you going to stick around Stuwy?

Hope it's a lovely bathroom you now have!

#345 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

Won't miss you too much as you'll be replaced by another owner.  The good wife however............ :ninja:

Best wishes, Stuwey

#346 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

..we wont miss you Stuewey...now p*ss off..

HH

..oh and take your cheese with you

#347 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

HH

hope you dont act this way when i decide to sell  :poke:  :D

#348 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

HH

no , we eat your cheese board and all the profits

#349 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

HH

..I will not let you sell Fab..we bananas stick together

Stuewey..humble appolgies for trashing you thread...you should have come and asked me for advice...answer would have been the same..p*ss off..but it  would have been nice to have been asked  

#350 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Alas, the never ending twist of life. After we stretched ourselves to fund a new house, car and a bathroom. To the point of affordability, 2 job changes in 3 months meant to keep the house the VX must go. (someone tell me that's the right way round :lol: )

You can sleep in a car, but you can't track a house! All the best Stuwy chinky chinky

#351 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

End of an era, truly loved that bloody silly little plastic car

Prep'd and awaiting collection by it's new owner

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#352 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Its odd when theyre gone. Mine got replaced by an Exige but its not the same, not as agile and so far not as quick round a track, theres something about a vx that gets under your skin.

Nice looking car, hope its gone to a good home.

Martin S

#353 g1977

g1977

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

Well the new owner picks up this weekend so that will be the end of an era for me. I have loved the VX220 ever since I saw them and it is going to be a timeless design I think. To me the badge has never mattered to me and why should it I have managed to meet a few really good people on .org and I have to say some of the most helpful. The car has been great and I have loved owning it, just time to move on I think. Thanks to anyone has helped with any of my questions over the years and also the early days with people offering pax rides before I bought and also advice when looking for the car. Thanks once again and Merry Christmas!

#354 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

Well the new owner picks up this weekend so that will be the end of an era for me. I have loved the VX220 ever since I saw them and it is going to be a timeless design I think. To me the badge has never mattered to me and why should it I have managed to meet a few really good people on .org and I have to say some of the most helpful. The car has been great and I have loved owning it, just time to move on I think. Thanks to anyone has helped with any of my questions over the years and also the early days with people offering pax rides before I bought and also advice when looking for the car. Thanks once again and Merry Christmas!

See you in a few years time when you collect your new VX.... as you will miss it 

#355 Rabiatarik

Rabiatarik

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

Its time to scratch my V8 itch.

Did the deal yesterday and tomorrow I will pick up a 2007 Jaguar XKR convertible, with a great PX deal on my 2002 Rab Red NA.

Loved every drive in my 9 years of VX ownership and met some great guys too but the time has come, will miss: the rattles & squeaks, pathetic heater, struggle to get in with the roof on, battery change heart surgery, black hole under the passenger seat, crackling VSE, candle like head lights and fuel tank lottery but its time to move on and I am sure someone will love and cherish her as much as I have have! 

#356 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

They were keen then? :D

#357 Rabiatarik

Rabiatarik

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

They were keen then? :D

We reached a mutually agreeable price for both cars....   thumbsup   ;)

#358 TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha

Mellita, domi adsum

• 6,885 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Computers, American football, Photography

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:59 PM

After 17 years of ownership, I have finally come to accept that I'm not as young as I once was. Just before Christmas I sold my VX220, my third and almost certainly my last. Hello and thank you to everyone I met during my time on this forum (and very briefly the Yahoo group), not sure how many are still left haunting this place  :P.

I am very pleased that my car has gone to a good home and the new owner intends to run it as a track car.

The replacement had already appeared prior to the VX moving on...

boxster.png

As with all my VX's, it's the proper colour for a sports car  :tt:

A similar driving experience, although nowhere near as raw. The upsides do include heated seats  :o, ICE that can be heard and loads more luggage space  :D.

#359 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

Well, after 5 years I've finally said goodbye to my vx. I bought it, kind of accidentally, while looking for an s2000. It came up on pistonheads and I bought the first one I saw! (Never thought they would be in budget, especially since the less reliable and much more common Elise was well out of budget! ;-P )
It's been a great wee car, so much fun on the road rallly and I've met a lot of great people, just because of the little plastic shitbox! It's not all been fun tho, there have been times I'm not even sure I'd have pissed on it if it caught fire! Main time being waiting for the AA for hours on the hoon this year when the alternator gave up on life, but even the bad times give you a story to tell later on, even if you didn't see the funny side at the time :lol:
Thanks to everyone on here who have helped me keep this thing going, from advice on posts on here to actually working on my car. The vx community really is something to be proud of and I hope I'll still be able to lurk on here while waiting to get another one day (or maybe even this one - I've asked for first refusal if it comes up for sale!)
Cheers

#360 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 07:06 AM

Sad times  :(

But you know you'll be back!   ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users