388 replies to this topic

#21 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:08 PM

Sold up to move into London - there's no way I'm subjecting my 'baby' to that lot!

My build number brother is sold :o

Sorry to hear that Dan. Hope it went to a fellow enthusiast (at a good price ;) )

Good luck in the "smoke".

#22 DanL

DanL

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

Cheers mate! Certainly seemed to go to someone who'll love her as much as I did! :D As for the smoke - at my time of life, it'd be very hard not to enjoy it! ;) Dan

#23 ppeaster

ppeaster

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:F1, motorsport in general. Developing a dangerous interest in fast bikes (oh dear)... Beer needs to be in there too. Want to try skydiving this summer. <br><br>

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:05 PM

It would have to be... my dream car - 355 GTB (red of course) and 340R for trackdays and the occasional b-road blast!

#24 BYD

BYD

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:26 PM

Sold to jimmymac today............replacement will be a Honda Accord, bog standard, family car, blend in with everyone else................I think I am going to cry. :( Oh well at least it has gone to a good home. :D Hopefully in a couple of years I will be back :rolleyes: BYD

#25 MajorGav

MajorGav

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:39 AM

Can't believe I didn't add to the thread I started when I sold the VX! :beat: Anyway - VX was sold to finance the higher priority of getting the house finished! Two months on and I feel I made the right decision! thumbsup Currently driving around in a Saab 900 Talladega - which is perfect for the daily commute to work. Also treated myself to a Capri 280 Brooklands as a project...am lovin' it too! :) Next spring will come the decision of what to get as a VX replacement. Current considerations include a Caterham, Exige, M Coupe, VXT, 350z etc, etc. chinky chinky

#26 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:54 AM

Next spring will come the decision of what to get as a VX replacement. Current considerations include a ... VXT ... etc,

:o

;)

Glad to see you still lurk here Gavin!

#27 MajorGav

MajorGav

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:08 AM

Slip of the tongue there James! :) The thing is, I really want to buy new, so that rules out an NA :(

#28 pippyt

pippyt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

IF I had the chance I would trade my VXT for an Ultima.

what the bra? :blink:

#29 Nitehawk

Nitehawk

• PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Cars, Cycling and Blading.

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:58 PM

Came very close to selling mine this month :o I hadn't had much time to use the VX, it was being stored for me at work. Had an interested buyer so had to tax and re-insure it. During the prospective buyer's demo drive I decided that I just couldn't do it. :rolleyes: Soon there will be no practical vehicles in the household: What will remain - Honda Blackbird M/cycle KTM 950 Adventure M/cycle Mazda MX5 (wife's car) MY VX220 n/a Life's great - Stroll on Summer. Only way the VX is going is pried 'from my cold, dead hands' or if I can get a VXR in black (sadly, it'll probably be the former seeing as my wife will perform the necessary if I do the latter).

#30 k3vin

k3vin

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Growing up<br>Gaining responsibility<br>Keeping the gf happy

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:38 AM

I sold my VX a week ago. Will miss the little bugger. Why did I sell? Purely superficial, shallow, gay reasons I'm afraid. I wanted a HOT heater I wanted more comfortable seats I wanted my back to remain in one piece Stating the obvious but can't fault the VX for looks, credibility, performance, handling, style and road presence. :(

#31 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:42 PM

Right, never thought I would be posting here! Only reason for selling the car is completely self centered being that I intend to go around the country trying to shoot photos for stock this year and I wanted a car that could carry all the kit and overnight bag, but also be open top on demand, handle fairly well and do a bit of track work. The car I came up with is the new boxster - 2 boots, trick roof and creature comforts. It is no where near as good as the VXT to drive, but as a package to meet my needs, it works for me. As a bonus, it's cheaper to run, has a slow rate of depreciation and I won't have to stop every half an hour to fill the tank ;) I have great times with both VXTs I have been lucky enough to own and I have a feeling that one day I may get another if business is good. I may not have the car any more, but for us ex-vx'ers, at least we have the forum :)

#32 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:38 PM

The car I came up with is the new boxster - 2 boots, trick roof and creature comforts.

:blink: All the best Andrew but beware...............

Attached Files

#33 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

Right, never thought I would be posting here!

Only reason for selling the car is completely self centered being that I intend to go around the country trying to shoot photos for stock this year and I wanted a car that could carry all the kit and overnight bag, but also be open top on demand, handle fairly well and do a bit of track work. The car I came up with is the new boxster - 2 boots, trick roof and creature comforts. It is no where near as good as the VXT to drive, but as a package to meet my needs, it works for me. As a bonus, it's cheaper to run, has a slow rate of depreciation and I won't have to stop every half an hour to fill the tank ;)

I have great times with both VXTs I have been lucky enough to own and I have a feeling that one day I may get another if business is good. I may not have the car any more, but for us ex-vx'ers, at least we have the forum :)

:o shock :o

short balding man to own a Boxster :P

:D :D :D

Just kidding mate, good luck with it and rest assured the Boxster S is not slow round a circuit thumbsup

#34 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:20 AM

After much umming and ahhing I sold my VX (N/A) yesterday. The ownership experience is one I won't forget! Highs and lows - love :) the driving experience, sound, looks, servicing costs, performance ..... hate :angry: the rattles, cold mornings, dodgy heater, leaking roofs, interior falling apart, worn drivers seat, the number of replacments bits I have forked out for (new alternator, handbrake cable, rear calipers (not cheap!)) and replacing tyres every 5000 miles! Anyway onto pastures new for me. Picking up the new motor next weekend (turbocharged, rear engined and probably poof ) Anyone like to guess? I will always pop back to this site - great bunch of people and you never know I might even move to the darkside in a couple of years! Have fun....... Mike

#35 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:41 AM

Smart car, is it is it huh huh, if it is then its not poof at all, theyre brilliant fun to drive, but watch the gear box, I've heard of lots of problems.

#36 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:50 AM

Correct (it was either a Smart or a 911 turbo) ... can't think of any other rear engined turbo motors - and I can't afford a 911 turbo! I have test driven the Smart Roadster Coupe and loved it. I was prepared for the gearbox to be awful - but in reality it is not too bad - certainly hampers the 0-60 times though. Will post a piccie of it once I pick it up next Saturday. Mike

#37 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

A nice choice of car Mike - I get confused, which is the coupe? is it the one with the rear glass thing over the boot area? They are fun to drive and get as many looks as the VX. ( A mate of mine who is gay has got one :gayfight: ) Enjoy Dave

Attached Files

#38 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

Dave The one in your photo is the roadster - which is obviously gay! But I have the roadster coupe which is obviously straight and has a glass hatch on the back. Lots of toys in it which will be a novelty after the VX! I think Anna might even drive this car .... and perhaps enjoy travelling in it more than the VX. We shall see though! Will still hang around here though .... with a sly eye on a turbo, when they drop in price a bit and I can justify spending the money??? Mike

#39 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Never doubted your :gayfight: . The one with the greenhouse on the back would be my choice :P I feel an Island Idle - VX meets Smart coming up?? Hope you enjoy the new car. Dave

#40 Mike9009

Mike9009

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

I feel an Island Idle - VX meets Smart coming up??

Hardly a fair contest! :beat: But I will let you know whether the VX gets more looks than the Roadster! I am still prepared to organise an island event if people are still interested ... Tomact is now resident here so at least one VX owner from the island may show!! How about Late September / early October event.

Thinking about a treasure hunt theme ... that way I am only organising and not trying to keep up with you lot! :D I will post in the events section for interest.

Mike

PS Dave your posts are starting to worry Anna!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users