Silverstone 5Th October 2010

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

Two vids from Tuesday's track day. Stick with the first one, we do get going...

Edited by Cliffie, 07 October 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

And another

#3 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

3rd vid, where did that spin come from? :blink: i had something similar happen at our last visit to S/stone, rears lit and lost traction i guess

Edited by Sutol, 07 October 2010 - 09:00 AM.

#4 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

Love the dual camera setup Imnotworthy

#5 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

That spin in your 3rd vid was exactly where I spun in the first of my 1 lap - 2 spins excursion. :(

#6 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

well looking at the first vid, I owe Dave an apology for the round the outside at Luffield @8mins , thought I was cleanly past on the left on the tight line out of brooklands when I saw you go wide out. The previous corner was when Mr Racer went up the inside through priory passing the VX and the gold Elise without consent.

#7 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

3rd vid, where did that spin come from? :blink: i had something similar happen at our last visit to S/stone, rears lit and lost traction i guess

I was on the power too early on a still greasy circuit. All my fault.

#8 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I was on the power too early on a still greasy circuit. All my fault.

or just bored as there was a train of slow non yielding cars. :rolleyes: great video enjoyed all three. Imnotworthy

Steve

#9 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

:yeahthat: Was that an Audi S1 Elise on the second lap of the first vid Mike? Seemed to pull away (even though you were still warming the car up) :mellow:

Edited by rob999, 07 October 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#10 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

well looking at the first vid, I owe Dave an apology for the round the outside at Luffield @8mins , thought I was cleanly past on the left on the tight line out of brooklands when I saw you go wide out.

The previous corner was when Mr Racer went up the inside through priory passing the VX and the gold Elise without consent.

Steve you naughty naughty boy :lol: No problem sir, I was watching you the whole time thinking don't do it because of the instructor beside me, didn't want you ending up on the naughty step. The Elise was very slow so may have done the same without my passenger :ninja:

Ok think I've sorted the video issues so will try and post them up tomorrow.

#11 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

I like your line out of chapel onto hangar, you can get on the throttle earlier.

#12 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

:yeahthat:

Was that an Audi S1 Elise on the second lap of the first vid Mike? Seemed to pull away (even though you were still warming the car up) :mellow:

Ah, 4:15 - 4:30 in the first vid. I presume this one of the numerous episodes involving Mr Angry in the red s1 elise ?
I'm amazed how quick he went into copse, I want his tyres! and are your rear lights supposed to do that Jimmy ?!?

Wrighty

#13 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

:yeahthat:

Was that an Audi S1 Elise on the second lap of the first vid Mike? Seemed to pull away (even though you were still warming the car up) :mellow:

Ah, 4:15 - 4:30 in the first vid. I presume this one of the numerous episodes involving Mr Angry in the red s1 elise ?
I'm amazed how quick he went into copse, I want his tyres! and are your rear lights supposed to do that Jimmy ?!?

Wrighty

I have no idea what engine was in the Elise, all I do know is A. He was seriously quick around that first corner and B. He had no consideration for any other car on the track, in fact that was his last outing of the day.

Whatever powered the car he was seriously quick and it was as much as I could do to hang on to him but he was much quicker through the traffic (well he didn't take any notice of the "overtake in a straight line and only with consent" rule.

He also tried to have a fight with the Team VX "girls" in the pit garage after he found out he was barred.

Proper idiot in my opinion; I thought Jimmy was going to lump him one at one point.

#14 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

I have no idea what engine was in the Elise, all I do know is A. He was seriously quick around that first corner and B. He had no consideration for any other car on the track, in fact that was his last outing of the day.

Whatever powered the car he was seriously quick and it was as much as I could do to hang on to him but he was much quicker through the traffic (well he didn't take any notice of the "overtake in a straight line and only with consent" rule.
Wish I'd been in the pits when that happened. I'd have absolutely cracked up. Posted Image

Was he also there passengering or instructing in the red and/or white MX-5. I sent the best part of two laps following that car around waiting for the driver to indicate I was okay to overtake before finally getting fed up and blowing past it on Hanger Straight.

#15 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Wish I'd been in the pits when that happened. I'd have absolutely cracked up. :D

Was he also there passengering or instructing in the red and/or white MX-5. I sent the best part of four laps following that car around waiting for the driver to indicate I was okay to overtake before finally getting fed up and blowing past it on Hanger Straight.

That was the fella, he was instructing in the Mazdas in Pit Garage 6C. I wish you had been there, you may well have shown him the door slightly earlier than I did.

#16 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I miss all the fun :rolleyes:

#17 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

A normal .org trackday out then? chinky chinky

#18 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Was this him?
Posted Image

#19 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

I miss all the fun :rolleyes:

you certainly did. This guy comes in all guns blazing and leaves tugging his forelock apologising profusely after Cliffie nailed him to the mast. Oh, and Jimmy's slow hand clap at his statement that he'd not spun a car in 10 years was classic.

#20 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

Was this him?

Yeah that's him :) He was very quick!!!

Nice vids though Mike, great to see my new car from a different angle!! She's sooo flat through the bends!! Didn't help me in the damp conditions though, I was really tip toeing all day, but we still managed to have a blast!!!!

Mate I'll get my ARDS before too long, and we can do a test day at Combe or somewhere. Would be awesome to have an empty track together and just dial in.

Loving the flames from my car too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users