62 replies to this topic

#41 zezinio

zezinio

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Short update on my configuration....
I wired the Clutch switch and after a test drive it did not work. :dry:

The ECU on my vx has software for the cruise control, traction control and even AC (which I will never use on the vx), all are in status available reading from Tech2, since there is no BCM it is not possible to run a test on the stalk buttons.

Sol, I got a S43 (stop lamp switch, double) switch like those found on the vx220 turbo and wired it up based on the zafira a configuration.

ECU connection and pinouts (based on zafira A)

Pin 1 (Stop lamp Switch) => Pin 2 of S43

Pin 23 (Stop lamp Switch) => Pin 3 of S43

------------------------------------ pin 1 & 4 of S43 => +12V (fused 10A)

Pin 55 (Clutch Switch) => (used an on/off switch) opposite side is feed with +12V (fused10A)

Pin 50 (CRC) => pin A of stalk

Pin 51 (CRC) => pin D of stalk

Pin 54 (CRC) => pin C of stalk

--------------------- pin B of stalk => +12v (fused 10A)

I only have one card left to play with, well two...

1. re-check my wiring.

2. on the zafira pin 3 of S43 is also connected to the ABS unit => pin 14 (stop lamp switch) for the vx that corresponds to pin 24

Any bright ideas?

#42 2deano5

2deano5

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Cars / Squash

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Not much help but i remember reading about people trying to add traction control on some Astra forums. The only people to get it working had to go to Vauxhall and get them to switch something on. You could try searching the astra forums ? Deano

#43 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

seems like despite wiring this up like for like with the astra , still something further needs to be done on the ecu.

#44 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

hmm, I have Guy182 old car with cruise control, he told me I just need to activate it by someone with a tech 2 - i.e. Vauxhall/Opel dealer.

Edited by Gilgamesh, 23 July 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#45 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

hmm, I have Guy182 old car with cruise control, he told me I just need to activate it by someone with a tech 2 - i.e. Vauxhall/Opel dealer.

That is correct. If wiring is all done, it needs activation by Tech2. Had it done on two cars with 2.0t engine recently.

#46 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

That is correct. If wiring is all done, it needs activation by Tech2. Had it done on two cars with 2.0t engine recently.

I think it is, does it take a long time to get it activated? how much can it cost?

#47 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

I think it is, does it take a long time to get it activated? how much can it cost?

Activation is a 5 minute job. Wiring takes a lot more time, 2-3 hours minimum. Not sure about cost, as it was part of package deal for my car.

#48 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Activation is a 5 minute job. Wiring takes a lot more time, 2-3 hours minimum. Not sure about cost, as it was part of package deal for my car.

ok thanks, I will take a look at it about 3-4 months when driving the car.  

#49 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

unfortunately my zafira gsi copy of the ecu has got corrupted, so I can't compare and see what Tech2 changes. The function in ecu is FGRMD , and address ranges on VXT are 0x129xx, 0x14cxx and 0x162xx

#50 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Didn't realize the Zafira ecu was the same? Does the astra use the same ecu as us too?

#51 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

probably the same as the corsa 1.2 ecu too.....

an ECU (hardware wise) is pretty diverse and swappable between cars. its the software and calibration that is obviously key.

#52 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

probably the same as the corsa 1.2 ecu too.....

It is. Also an Omega.

#53 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I understand the Airbag module is from an corsa, which was originally in an omega, and as far as I have been told... the calibration wasnt changed :o :lol: Which explains why it seems to take a HUGE impact to trigger the vx airbag

#54 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Astra VXR is Motronic 7.6.2

#55 drunknmunky

drunknmunky

• PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Surfing, generally anything you can hurt yourself doing!!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

probably the same as the corsa 1.2 ecu too.....   an ECU (hardware wise) is pretty diverse and swappable between cars. its the software and calibration that is obviously key.

Does this mean you could have the software put into the ecu for the n/a easily then?

Edited by drunknmunky, 31 January 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#56 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

probably the same as the corsa 1.2 ecu too.....   an ECU (hardware wise) is pretty diverse and swappable between cars. its the software and calibration that is obviously key.

Does this mean you could have the software put into the ecu for the n/a easily then?

no... wrong engine platform/harness etc.

#57 Chief

Chief

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:family, cars & motor engineering, good friends.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

Just going through this thread.... Manus, who did you get to it on your two cars or did you do it yourself?  

#58 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Just going through this thread.... Manus, who did you get to it on your two cars or did you do it yourself?

Had it done in Germany, by V-max in Borken. They can do magic with ECU's, but activating cruise control is supposed to be very simple.

Edited by manus, 10 August 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#59 Chief

Chief

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:family, cars & motor engineering, good friends.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for that Manus.

#60 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

Can't this only be done with the turbo ecu ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users