Photo

Cruise Control

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 starlight

starlight

I used to have a Europa, and had a VX220T once...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Oily bits...

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

OK so next question has to be which 3 pinouts need connecting on the ECU, numbers?? What is the part number of the stalk switch? Or which car is it from?

#22 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

OK so next question has to be which 3 pinouts need connecting on the ECU, numbers??
What is the part number of the stalk switch? Or which car is it from?

:unsure: Replying to my own post....

WRT the switch,I think this one should fit: 9181011 , especially given the standard VX220 switch is 9181010

#23 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

iirc it was an extra button on the stalk , plus the loom for the brake pedal switch. likewise the traction control switch.

Isn't the brake pedal switch already wired up through pins 57 & 25, with the clutch also connected through pin 8, or is there additional wiring??

Z20LET Wiring

#24 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

iirc it was an extra button on the stalk , plus the loom for the brake pedal switch. likewise the traction control switch.

Isn't the brake pedal switch already wired up through pins 57 & 25, with the clutch also connected through pin 8, or is there additional wiring??

Z20LET Wiring

Well, I asked danger7, and he kindly told me VMAX (VMAX.de) had done it, and further research on the German forum seemed to intimate he might have some multifunction unit that includes cruise control. I haven't had chance to phone him up and ask yet, but I shall do.

#25 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

Anybody got a copy of the Vauxhall/Opel Omega wiring diagrams?

#26 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Well switch arrived today. As previously mentioned the cruise function connector contains 4 connections - I'm presuming feed, then the 3 functions. Hopefully my wiring diagrams will turn up shortly
Posted Image

#27 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Well switch arrived today. As previously mentioned the cruise function connector contains 4 connections - I'm presuming feed, then the 3 functions. Hopefully my wiring diagrams will turn up shortly

...intrigued...

#28 IvarS

IvarS

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

I just found this in my car workshop software, should be useful! It shows the ECU of an Astra G 2.0 Turbo Z20LET.

S14 is the brake light switch, A21 is the stalk/switch and S15 is the clutch switch.

Posted Image

#29 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Further to IvarS's post, here is part of the Astra G Z20LET ECU wiring diagram compared to the same part of the VX220 Z20LET one:

Astra Z20LET:

Posted Image

VX220 Z20LET

Posted Image

So, the three pinouts at the ECU are 58, 9 & 41 for cruise control, and given that other pinouts match between the two cars would it be reasonable to assume that these are the pins needed on the VX220??

For information K18 is the ECU relay, and K16 is the fuel pump relay

Edit: Typo

Edited by pjohn151, 06 February 2011 - 02:26 AM.

#30 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:39 AM

I just found this in my car workshop software, should be useful! It shows the ECU of an Astra G 2.0 Turbo Z20LET.

S14 is the brake light switch, A21 is the stalk/switch and S15 is the clutch switch.

Posted Image

This is the VX220 equivelent:
Posted Image

S43 is the brake switch, S28 the clutch switch

#31 IvarS

IvarS

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Here is the full Astra G Z20LET ECU pin out from my garage software. As far as I can see, the clutch and brake light switch are already wired in. The cruise control switch needs a 12V feed and the three wires connected into the ECU.

A: ECU A58
B: 12V feed
C: ECU A41
D: ECU A9

The main concern is how to activate the cruise control, a Vauxhall dealer with Tech2 equipment should be able to do it?

Posted Image

#32 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

I think a Tech 2 should be able to activate it, but I need to confirm this with someone with access to a tech2 and a VX220 turbo. Also, on my switch, the cruise control connector does not have any markings to indicate which pin is A, B, C or D, and the wire colours are different to the loom wires. I need to get hold of the male connector from the Astra/Omega/Zafari...

Edited by pjohn151, 06 February 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#33 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Well, finally had chance to look up the connector in the Astra G wiring diagram...

Posted Image

So just need to find a connector now and add about 3 metres of cable to it to reach the ECU, oh and find the time to do it !

#34 IvarS

IvarS

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

I found this, shows the pins in the ECU connector (Z18XE) should be the same?

Posted Image

#35 starlight

starlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

The connector to the switch is the same but the ECU pin outs are different. The Z20let ECU (Bosch Motronic 1.5.5) is shared with Astra G's (2.0l GSI) so I think these are the ECU pin outs go by.

#36 IvarS

IvarS

• PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:17 PM

Sorry, I didn't see the stalk was connected to different pins. This is more like it I think :)

Posted Image

#37 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

The connector to the switch is the same but the ECU pin outs are different. The Z20let ECU (Bosch Motronic 1.5.5) is shared with Astra G's (2.0l GSI) so I think these are the ECU pin outs go by.

Not sure in detail how Vmax did it, but I think my VXT220 (which already has a mixed-up identity problem with its Exige body) was led to believe in its ECU-brain that it was an "Astra G 2.0 Turbo Z20LET". That, plus adding the wires to the ECU did the trick. Basic car psychiatry :blush:

Edited by manus, 22 January 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#38 zezinio

zezinio

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

Sounds interesting. I am trying to put this on my vx220 SC. My ECU is from a zafira where the software was installed already. so I added the stalk and brake pedal switch, wired them except for the clutch pedal. checked with the TECH 2 and it says the Cruise Control (CRC) is available but after a short test it didn't work. I guess I have to wire up the clutch switch as well because the computer thinks that the clutch is depressed and therefore not allowing CRC to be initiated? Well do a test this week-end after I wire it up. :)

#39 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Would be nice if this worked. Interested to see the result.

#40 zezinio

zezinio

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Short update on my configuration.... I wired the Clutch switch and after a test drive it did not work. The ECU on my vx has software for the cruise control, traction control and even AC (which I will never use on the vx), all are in status available reading from Tech2, since there is no BCM it is not possible to run a test on the stalk buttons. Sol, I got a S43 (stop lamp switch, double) switch like those found on the vx220 turbo and wired it up based on the zafira a configuration. ECU connection and pinouts (based on zafira A) Pin 1 (Stop lamp Switch) => Pin 2 of S43 Pin 23 (Stop lamp Switch) => Pin 3 of S43 ------------------------------------ pin 1 & 4 of S43 => +12V (fused 10A) Pin 55 (Clutch Switch) => (used an on/off switch) opposite side is feed with +12V (fused10A) Pin 50 (CRC) => pin A of stalk Pin 51 (CRC) => pin D of stalk Pin 54 (CRC) => pin C of stalk --------------------- pin B of stalk => +12v (fused 10A) I only have one card left to play with, well two... 1. re-check my wiring. 2. on the zafira pin 3 of S43 is also connected to the ABS unit => pin 14 (stop lamp switch) for the vx that corresponds to pin 24 Any bright ideas?

Edited by zezinio, 28 January 2012 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users