cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:fast lightweight cars
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

Has this cured the ABS error codes too ?

Yes, it did. No ABS errors anymore. The TC operates so perfect, never thought it could be this good. Now I have to learn a new way of driving, being able now to floor the gas in the middle of a bend without any risk of losing the rear end. Great stuff!
And if you accelerate through the lower gears with the TC restricting the power you get a loud "puff" from the exhaust. Sounds nice. Overall a full acceleration now sound like a race/rallye car performing.

Would recommend the TC to everyone driving a VX with significant horsepower. One can deactivate it of course, but I prefer to let it stick at 5% on public roads now. Gives lots of fun and safety.B)

Btw.1: We did a group buy for the TC at the end lof last year in germany. I was the first one out of the group of buyers mounting it. The others were waiting for results and documentation before they wanted to start building on their own. Most of them are now waiting for a professionally built copy of my filter. But one of them has built the TC into his car yet and experienced same low speed cuts as I did. Following Mike Broadbent at RL this is a common problem with these cars and one may be a very lucky chap not having engine cuts in first gear. Anyway WHO HAS these cuts should try to filter the signals the way I did. I think it will work the same way in any other car.

Btw.2: Did some high speed tests lately and recognized lost wheelspeed signals at speeds of 256km/h up. Seems to be an 8-bit-overflow in the diagnostic software from Racelogic doing the logging graphics. No engine cuts, all works perfect, but 256km/h or more speed results in a zero line in the display. Funny.:D

#22 OGR

OGR

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Servus CS

#23 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

Hallöle! :D Du auch hier?

---

Anyone for filter? It works!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The launch control is a beast!Imnotworthy

Posted Image

Edited by cs_, 19 March 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#24 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Has this cured the ABS error codes too ?

Yes, it did. No ABS errors anymore. The TC operates so perfect, never thought it could be this good. Now I have to learn a new way of driving, being able now to floor the gas in the middle of a bend without any risk of losing the rear end. Great stuff!
And if you accelerate through the lower gears with the TC restricting the power you get a loud "puff" from the exhaust. Sounds nice. Overall a full acceleration now sound like a race/rallye car performing.

Would recommend the TC to everyone driving a VX with significant horsepower. One can deactivate it of course, but I prefer to let it stick at 5% on public roads now. Gives lots of fun and safety.B)

Btw.1: We did a group buy for the TC at the end lof last year in germany. I was the first one out of the group of buyers mounting it. The others were waiting for results and documentation before they wanted to start building on their own. Most of them are now waiting for a professionally built copy of my filter. But one of them has built the TC into his car yet and experienced same low speed cuts as I did. Following Mike Broadbent at RL this is a common problem with these cars and one may be a very lucky chap not having engine cuts in first gear. Anyway WHO HAS these cuts should try to filter the signals the way I did. I think it will work the same way in any other car.

Btw.2: Did some high speed tests lately and recognized lost wheelspeed signals at speeds of 256km/h up. Seems to be an 8-bit-overflow in the diagnostic software from Racelogic doing the logging graphics. No engine cuts, all works perfect, but 256km/h or more speed results in a zero line in the display. Funny.:D

How much was the TC module when you ran the group buy...?

Car looks great by the way!

#25 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thanks a lot! chinky chinky I bought the TC with options Launch Control and Full Throttle Shift and I think it was around 920 Euros plus packaging and shipping. A fairly good price Mike Broadbent gave us. But we ordered some 5 to 10 units (cannot remember the exact number). This thing performs absolutely great. Best addon I did until now. And I did a lot over the years...

#26 2deano5

2deano5

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Cars / Squash

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

This thing performs absolutely great. Best addon I did until now. And I did a lot over the years...

:yeahthat: I must agree, i have finally finished setting mine up, I can now just put my foot down on a roundabout and the traction control sorts it all out. Its still very wierd as I am expecting the back end to step out and it just does not. :groupjump:

#27 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

"weird", yes, that's a good word for the state I am in right now too. I am still not used to this new behaviour of the car at all. think I'll have to practice a lot more to gain trust in the much more offensive way one can treat the car in delicate situations. passing other cars in a narrow alley? no problem, just push the throttle to the metal, unlike before, no danger of losing the rear end. looking forward to driving my first trackday and hitting the gas just at the beginning of a slowly opening bend, getting faster and faster where last year I had to be careful not to create any wheelspin. I consider this the killer application for my car. bad ass torque equipped turbos gain a lot performance from this unit. I think having a LSD together with the racelogic would make a nearly unbeatable combination. thumbsup

Edited by cs_, 24 March 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#28 Vespa

Vespa

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Cars
    Girls
    Food

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

This thing performs absolutely great. Best addon I did until now. And I did a lot over the years...

:yeahthat: I must agree, i have finally finished setting mine up, I can now just put my foot down on a roundabout and the traction control sorts it all out. Its still very wierd as I am expecting the back end to step out and it just does not. :groupjump:

whats involved with installing and setting these control modules up, for those of us that are not electronically minded anyway?

#29 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Beside lots of cables to route through the car you attach an additional electronic device to two of the most delicate control elements of your car: the ABS and the Engine Management. That by far is not an easy task. The ABS reads the wheelspeeds from so called passive inductive sensors, connecting long lines to these sensors results in noise you bring into the ABS which is absolutely no good in terms of proper braking assistance. And splitting up the signal lines to the injection valve poses the danger of getting too much impedance in line with the valve damping the movement and so getting wrong fuel trim. So all in all implementing the RacelogicTC is something that even a professional car electrician will judge as a hard job. You can do it in a thousand different ways and most of them will bring you at least problems with unwanted engine cuts at low wheelspeeds. It's a challenging work. But the result is worth all the pain. Who did ever experience what the Racelogic TC is capable of, what it does with your car, what it gains in driving dynamics, will never live without it again. First thing I would put into my car if I had to buy a new one.

#30 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

For the ones interested in the Racelogic TC, here is a bit of footage of one Launch and some throttle-downs in turns that normally would have meant lost rear wheels but with the TC the VX stays perfectly under control: Great stuff, the TC.thumbsup

#31 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

Last Weekend I took a ride with a friend. Has been the first time I could manage someone else to film my car. It was the first time also I saw my car accelerating, now even with the Racelogic Launch Control. Here's a bit of the footage: I love that sound of the TC kicking in. And I love the sound of the Tullett. In the essence. I love this car!:wub:

#32 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Nice work Carsten, also loving the sound chinky chinky

#33 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi Carsten, very inmpressive,myself have just bought me first speedster/vx200 and looking around for gismos and stuff I can buy to my car. I was looking into to your homepage and it seemed really interesting but it is a littlebit sad you don´t have it also in english. Will there be a english version to your homepage? Best Regards, Per Sweden

#34 chrisgold

chrisgold

pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image
the engine bay

No catch tank? You want all the hot oil feeding back through?

And yeh I am not sure about the dump valve either??? What does it actually achieve?? :mellow:

Meh you seem to be running good power, what do I knwo.... :tumble:

Edited by chrisgold, 29 June 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#35 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Nice work Carsten, also loving the sound chinky chinky

Thanks a lot!chinky chinky TC-setup is now finalized (hopefully) omitting the limp home mode which occasionally kicked in while pushing the gas hard out of sharp bends. Also the launch control system should now be in a good form suiting the VX. I really love this Racelogic TC, best thing I ever did to this car.

Hi Carsten, very inmpressive,myself have just bought me first speedster/vx200 and looking around for gismos and stuff I can buy to my car.

I was looking into to your homepage and it seemed really interesting but it is a littlebit sad you don´t have it also in english.

Will there be a english version to your homepage?
Best Regards, Per

Sweden

Hello Per,

thanks for the cheer, but it would be too much work for me to translate the whole blog to english language. some small parts like the mounting instructions PDF for the Traction Control I did in english, but most of the blog will stay in my native language. very sorry for that...:mellow: but having a hard job, a family, house with garden and last but not least my car, time is too tight for such a big project.

Posted Image
the engine bay

No catch tank? You want all the hot oil feeding back through?

And yeh I am not sure about the dump valve either??? What does it actually achieve?? :mellow:

Meh you seem to be running good power, what do I knwo.... :tumble:

I've got a 50l-tank from Klasen-Motors, 2l-catch tank is included in there. you cannot see anything of it because all resides in the space of the regular tank.
the dump valve is one really important part! it takes most of the turbo lag when shifting. right now I also have an internal piston dump valve sitting inside turbo charger, both work together. the piston valve shortcuts the compressed air back to the turbo charger intake, the external dump valve releases the some significant amount of compressed and moving air right before the throttle valve. it's a two-piston-dv which does not interfere with the air mass metering. anyway next spring I will upgrade the whole engine to around 380HP, using a custom made turbo charger based on the standard manifold with a charger rump of the 996 Porsche GT2, it's called "next generation 2" at Regelin and "K16-GT2" at Klasen. This charger has no internal dump valve anymore so the dump valve before the throttle body will get a lot more to do. I don't like to get too much attention for whistling sounds, so I will use a forge recirculation valve DV006A then, blowing the air back to the airbox.

it all runs very smooth right now, some 300HP with very good throttle behaviour, acting like a very small responsive turbo charger, but with veeeery large power.:tt:

#36 Gez

Gez

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

this car is perfect. lovley example

#37 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

Last weekend has been germany's big Speedster (aka VX220) Event on Bitburg Airbase. We had some fun there doing slalom and (for me) quartermile dragrace. Here are some impressions:

#38 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

This one here is a view off the rear window of my car: And this one here was the second fastest car of the event, a friend of mine, did some 10.8 seconds: Fastest Speedster did around 10.4 seconds. Mine did 11.94 on dry asphalt (not glued) and a 12.50 in hard rain (which proofs the Racelogic TC being a very well working part).

#39 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

Last weekend has been germany's big Speedster (aka VX220) Event on Bitburg Airbase. We had some fun there doing slalom and (for me) quartermile dragrace.

Here are some impressions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK2TkiTymmk

That first car with the air scoop in the hard top - does the scoop really go nowhere?

#40 cs_

cs_

• Pip
  • 213 posts
    computers
    music
    home & family

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

At this moment the scoop goes to nowhere but in the near future there will be nozzles that blow air in the passenger compartment. It's not meant for additional engine cooling. Regarding the times from the quartermile you have to add a second to be realistic. They measured in a wrong way.

Edited by cs_, 12 August 2011 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users