Project Beef

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hi guys
After all the help i got on here putting my vxt back on the road i decided to buy Zoobeefs old car off him after his accident last year and return it to its former glory and possible take it to stage 4.

here are a few pics of where i have got so far.
Posted Image

arrived but wont start :mellow: got an auto electrician comming tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we can get it running.

couldnt bare to uncover the rear

Posted Image
I can feel the cars pain...

#2 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

So with the help of my nephew we started on the front removing all the damaged bits.

Posted Image

Looks so much better already. No damage to the crash box and the radiator surround almost got away with it too.
Ive noticed there is a little bit of trim on the wheel arch which i didnt have on mine, so far no one knows why its there, if anyone knows of its origin and where i can get a replacement i would appreciate it.

Edited by moneyhunster, 06 March 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#3 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

next up was to remove the interior so we could get at the rear clam. I noticed some little right angle bits under the rear of the seats which i missed on mine, anyone know why these are there? i still have mine left over from my last build.

Posted Image

#4 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

They go in the ends of the drivers seat runners to stop the seat going to far back and coming out of the runner altogether.

#5 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

Next up was rear clam, much helped by the fact most of it was removed by the accident so some of the hard to reach bolts were accessible with ease, i would like to use stainless bolts on here when it all goes back together though. i can see that being a good upgrade for future work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Suprisingly both the front and the rear clams fit in this little box :blink:
Kinda makes you think how fragile the body is...

Posted Image

Well this is as far as i can go today, waiting for some bits to arrive, hopefully tomorrow i can get the rear toe link sorted and the engine running again. :)

#6 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

They go in the ends of the drivers seat runners to stop the seat going to far back and coming out of the runner altogether.

Cheers mate, my amp stops the seat as i push it back to get out so thats why i never found out where the go thumbsup

#7 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Suprisingly both the front and the rear clams fit in this little box :blink:
Kinda makes you think how fragile the body is...

An alternative view is the fibreglass has done a great job of absorbing the impacts with next to no damage to the structure of the car or drvetrain. Looks like a great project and a major bonus that you'll get this back on the road with a couple of new clams. I was expecting to see some damage to the front crash brox or rear subframe after seeing the photos after the crash.

Looks like you've got a really good one there. Will keep an eye on the updates. chinky chinky

#8 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

looks much better with the broken bits removed Imnotworthy

#9 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

arrived but wont start :mellow: got an auto electrician comming tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we can get it running.

Missed this first time round. Are the electrics dead or does it turn over but not fire? If the latter, could be as simple as the fuel cut-off needing reset. The cut-out should definitely have activated during the crash, and unless it has been started since, is probably still on.

#10 ds03mar

ds03mar

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

looks in very good condition. should be a simple repir. good luck. post picks of the repairs stage by stge. im very interested. fancy building myself a trackcar in the futre.

#11 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

Missed this first time round. Are the electrics dead or does it turn over but not fire? If the latter, could be as simple as the fuel cut-off needing reset. The cut-out should definitely have activated during the crash, and unless it has been started since, is probably still on.

It turns over fine, I felt the cut off switch and compared to mine it feels the same, does it pop up or something?

#12 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

looks in very good condition. should be a simple repir. good luck. post picks of the repairs stage by stge. im very interested. fancy building myself a trackcar in the futre.

I'd love a track day car but live so far away it's not really practicable.

#13 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

It turns over fine, I felt the cut off switch and compared to mine it feels the same, does it pop up or something?

Yes 2 metal plates pop up in the switch.

Just press on the top.
You'll know if it tripped during the accident.

#14 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

post picks of the repairs stage by stge. im very interested. fancy building myself a trackcar in the futre.

:yeahthat:

And I'm happily surprised by how little damage there looks to have been under the 'skin'.

G

#15 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Well after an hour we finally got my car up and running, earth wire missing on the rear and the open fuse box on the front had corroded the fuses causing too much resistance. 4 new fuses later and a new earth wire and all systems go. Bloody hell that 3" exhaust sounds nice, seems to rev a lot faster than my black standard one too. Can't wait to try it up the road.

#16 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

Well after an hour we finally got my car up and running, earth wire missing on the rear and the open fuse box on the front had corroded the fuses causing too much resistance.
4 new fuses later and a new earth wire and all systems go.

Bloody hell that 3" exhaust sounds nice, seems to rev a lot faster than my black standard one too. Can't wait to try it up the road.

Glad its sorted thumbsup

The lightened fly and balencer delete are definatly noticable

#17 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

It's good to see another VXT coming back to life, it's a shame poor old Zoobeef won't be driving it :(

#18 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Got a bit further today, spent ages trying to remove the undertray allenkey bolts as one was rounded off, only to find the sides had been grinded down to accept a spanner.. I got the old track rod off with a bit of jiggling and replaced it with one from ElizP987, many thanks thumbsup , now i can move it around, had to take it down the road to turn it around obviously ;) It does sound lovely :wub: Just ordered a triple pass radiator. now i either replace the rad surround or reinforce the broken corner, still not sure what to do? the MVS ones are ok but not like the original. roll on next weekend

#19 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

One new radiator :)

Posted Image

#20 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

ooo shiny.. well its not but you get my drift respect for taking on this project thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users