#21 Nath

Nath

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

[/quote]

whats the blue hosing from the ally intake going to, under the hot hat?

#22 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

whats the blue hosing from the ally intake going to, under the hot hat?

Thats the recirc dump valve...

#23 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

right, i'll give this one last shot, if i hit the back button again im going to bed!

Not done an update for a week or two as ive been trying to source the parts needed to go any further, thanks to Robin, Eliz and a fellow Fleabayer i have managed to aquire all three lights and a front and rear genuine clams plus lots of other bits and bobs thumbsup

Started today by fitting the Charge cooler element to the new radiator.

Posted Image

I got the radiator surround back yesterday, i managed to get the small damage on the edge of the surround repaired rather than replace it with a copy, much happier with the result, gave it a twist and added some pressure to where the clam will rest just to make sure nothing will give once its on the car.

Posted Image

here is the surround and radiators firmly back on the car where they were ment to go.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I bagged up all the nuts and bolts in seperate labled sealey bags once i started stripping the car, So glad i did that, all the nuts, bolts, washers and spacers have gone back where they were ment to go, couple left over had me looking everywhere then i realised i havent got the towing eye on yet :beat:

Topped the water up, and charged the battery some more and fired it up, i cant get over how nice it sounds, makes my standard VXT sound so quiet! Little clip, doesnt do it justice.

Hopefully i will get my front clam back on Wednesday, i managed to get a nice genuine blue rear clam with very minor damage to the rear face and a bit of bubbling on the lid area but seeing as its all getting painted anyway :)

Posted Image

For the rest of this week i will be getting the paint shop ready, my girlfriends brother works for Nationwide (insurance body repair company) and is looking for somewhere to take on some work away from work. After my dads retirement from selling coal i have been left with 1.2 acres of industrial land with a bagging shed about 10x16meters to play with, Perfect and i think i have a new best friend :grouphug:

I still have a few more things to get:
The discs look pityful, i cant decide wether to upgrade them or grab some from someone who has upgraded theirs to something different?
still need the plastic surround around the back of the passenger headlamp.
the edging trim on the passenger wheal arch which no one seems to know about, its on the back too! and on my VXT :unsure:
If anyone has any of the above they can help me with i would greatly appreciate it thumbsup

Thats about it, i did order the stainless bolt set from JG and a couple sets of the uprated HCB thumbsup

For the next couple of weeks things should move on nicely and im quite excited now, just in time for the sun rallly

Edited by moneyhunster, 10 April 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#24 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

And i didnt hit the back button :groupjump:

#25 starlight

starlight

I used to have a Europa, and had a VX220T once...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Oily bits...

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

You have been busy! It's looking good

still need the plastic surround around the back of the passenger headlamp.

Do you mean part number 10 on this diagram?

Posted Image
You don't actually need these - and they don't appear on all cars as they are just a PITA to fit with the headlamp, just ditch the drivers side one!

the edging trim on the passenger wheal arch which no one seems to know about, its on the back too! and on my VXT :unsure:

Do you mean the short length of rubber push on boot lid seal on the wheel arch liner?

#26 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

Yeah that's the bit behind the headlamp, I would like to put it on if I can get one. The trim on the edge of the wheel arch butts up against the clam. Any idea of the part number?

#27 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

The trim on the edge of the wheel arch butts up against the clam. Any idea of the part number?

Just buy a few metres of edge beading from cbsonline on similar. That's all that Vauxhall do as it's just sold by the metre but probably at a huge markup.

Edit: Like so

Edited by techieboy, 11 April 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#28 starlight

starlight

I used to have a Europa, and had a VX220T once...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Oily bits...

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Yeah that's the bit behind the headlamp, I would like to put it on if I can get one.

I thought I needed them, couldn't get hold of any last year, and came to the conclusion that they really serve no purpose, as there is nothing to protect the lights from - wheel arch liner does that.

More importantly, don't forget to fit some black foam draught excluder around the edge of all of your lights front and back so they don't rub away at the paint on your clam. This is listed in the parts manual, but easily available from an online supplier - infact I may have enough left if you need it :)

#29 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

The trim on the edge of the wheel arch butts up against the clam. Any idea of the part number?

Just buy a few metres of edge beading from cbsonline on similar. That's all that Vauxhall do as it's just sold by the metre but probably at a huge markup.

Edit: Like so

Ooooh, they have a CF version under edge trim! Imnotworthy :lol:

Seriously, I do need a full set of edging so if anyone has more details of what I should use please speak up. I will be measuring what I is left of what I took off the car but no idea where all there is supposed to be edging. Certainly never though of it being on the wheel arch liners!

#30 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

hi guys, been a bit busier with work so not finished as i hoped but ive almost got there.
here are a few pics of the progress, just need to refit the bonnett, boot, mirrors and side pods then start getting ready for MOT.

bought some edge trim for the front clam, nice tight fit now, i can see a small gap on my black vxt where it is meant to go so i will fit on her after this ones MOT'd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

got a new stainless tow mount to fit too, perhaps should of done that before we put the clam on :beat:

still need to address the front wheel problem but hopefully the upgraded hub bolts will fix that.

if all goes well i will bring her back home next weekend after a days flat n polishing saturday, looking forward to the drive home rallly

#31 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Looking good! Did you do the spraying yourself?

#32 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

no my girlfriends brother is painting for me, he works for a national bodyshop, (nationwide) ive supplied the workspace hence the damp looking wall at the back of my workshop.

#33 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

thumbsup

#34 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Looks like a great finish on the paint Imnotworthy

#35 VXTyrant

VXTyrant

Red Rules!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

Looking good thumbsup I'd be interested in doing this in later life but would upgrade most parts whilst the car is in bits (I know you mentioned possibly going to stage 4 earlier in the thread)!

#36 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

finally got to drive her home yesterday, still a couple of bits to for mot, ball joint, drop link, repeater lights, i still gotta get the hinge sorted for the bonnet and pick up the V
felt good driving home. rallly

Posted Image

im a black car man but im warming to the blue now its home.

Edited by moneyhunster, 03 July 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#37 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Happy days

Posted Image

Been to the MOT centre today for my 5pm booking, picked the car up an hour later, not a single fault to comment on and issued with my new MOT certificate, off to the post office in the morning!!!! rallly rallly rallly

Still a few things i would like to do, replace the rear track rod end with the new one i bought and the lower offside ball joint i also have to match the new nearside one i replaced.

Feels a lot different to drive than my standard one, very noisey, but solid, too wet to push it much. Missis not keen to drive it.... Yet!

#38 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Well done HoneyMonster, good effort. Are you keeping it or selling it on ?

#39 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

cheers Nev, thumbsup i ought to sell one of them really but i expect i will get the injectors and stage 4 this one before i make my mind up, by then i expect it will be spring!

#40 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Imnotworthy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users